Driver facing cameras in the cab

ManInBrown

All this sounds wildly expensive. But A/C is a bridge too far. What’s wrong with this world?
Because they want package drivers angry and to be uncomfortable. They figure you’ll get done quicker. If you have AC maybe drivers wouldn’t mind extending their days. In their sick mind an angry package driver is an invested in the process package driver. There’s nothing that infuriates them more than the guy or girl who walks thru the door 5 minutes before start time without a care in the world. 110 stops, 170 stops same deadpan expression. Whatever, just make sure you have my free 9.5 money in two weeks. Take it from someone who lived that life in package. They had smoke coming out of their ears. No AC makes drivers angry. Angry=invested.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Because they want package drivers angry and to be uncomfortable. They figure you’ll get done quicker. If you have AC maybe drivers wouldn’t mind extending their days. In their sick mind an angry package driver is an invested in the process package driver. There’s nothing that infuriates them more than the guy or girl who walks thru the door 5 minutes before start time without a care in the world. 110 stops, 170 stops same deadpan expression. Whatever, just make sure you have my free 9.5 money in two weeks. Take it from someone who lived that life in package. They had smoke coming out of their ears. No AC makes drivers angry. Angry=invested.
That’s twisted…… more than likely, very true

HavenoEDD

With econ about to go ass up company needs to make cuts. This is another tool to use to get rid of drivers before they make top rate..or to get rid of the embedded old timer clogging up a route for a young brown nosed runner.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
With econ about to go ass up company needs to make cuts. This is another tool to use to get rid of drivers before they make top rate..or to get rid of the embedded old timer clogging up a route for a young brown nosed runner.
The old timers didn’t get there by being stupid.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I heard a supervisor say one time “ an angry employee works faster”
🧔‍♂️✊

Whither

Scofflaw
This needs to be a huge fight and the union needs to make sure these inward facing cameras don’t get installed. Outward, fine, can totally understand the thinking. Inward will just be used to single drivers out they don’t like and terminate them.
They didn't waste any time here harassing drivers thanks to the outward-facing footage. I already know of 3 drivers called to the office over it in the past week. I'm surprised they got aggressive so soon. I figured they'd try and lull drivers to sleep with their lie that the outward-facing camera "will help protect us in case of accidents" and show they were unavoidable.

Every time I've heard coworkers echo that company-talk I chuckle and remind them, "C'mon, we work for UPS. Every accident is avoidable, you know that."

ManInBrown

They didn't waste any time here harassing drivers thanks to the outward-facing footage. I already know of 3 drivers called to the office over it in the past week. I'm surprised they got aggressive so soon. I figured they'd try and lull drivers to sleep with their lie that the outward-facing camera "will help protect us in case of accidents" and show they were unavoidable.

Every time I've heard coworkers echo that company-talk I chuckle and remind them, "C'mon, we work for UPS. Every accident is avoidable, you know that."
Harass them for what? What did they see on the outward camera If you know.

ManInBrown

I can’t wait to see how this inward camera plays out. It’s ridiculous. We all bring preloads or night loads to buildings and after we put them on the door, sit there for a few minutes. Are they going to look at the footage and say why are you just sitting there for 30 seconds? You’re stealing time. I have to be in constant motion at all times and not waste a second of I’m stealing time? How about the sensor when you’re driving on cruise control. I’m not allowed to reach over and tap the up or down on the cruise to slow down a little or speed up a little? And you just know that they’re going to let the runners do anything they want. They won’t even check their footage. The drivers who take loads from A to B and it should take an hour but it only takes them 48 minutes because they drive like maniacs, on the road and in the yard.

Thebrownblob

As if it matters- UPS does as if pleases. You are well aware of that...
I agree they generally do what they want at first…… then when lawsuits and legitimate grievances go before judges and panels they backtrack. It’s a flat system I agree but it does eventually give resolution. UPS is a rather arrogant company.