Driver facing cameras in the cab

34yearpackagehumper

Sorry, I don't get on here just to stir the pot I just don't hang out and answer all the replies. I spend all day at UPS why would I spend all evening? I thought this forum was for all UPS employees not just hourlies. Believe it or not we like to vent too...even we are amazed on what comes down from upstairs sometimes.

I like to be on here and give the management perspective side of things sometimes and keep some people grounded in reality. A lot of people on this forum think they know how it works in management but they really do not. They may know bits and pieces but that is about it.
I am surprised you replied ! I am just busting your chops . You are a brave Man for taking on the heat that you get on here . You seem to enjoy it, you keep coming back for more. UPS is a tough place to be a driver I am sure it is even tougher to be in management. Everybody that makes it to retirement in my area feels like a weight has been lifted off their backs. Including me,and the few management that made it thru that I know . So when you retire you can give us some juicy details . That's the beauty of posting on this forum,no one knows who you really are. I am sure your real name is not Dragon and my name is certainly not 34yearpackagehumper. However I thought the name was catchy after all it is what I did for 34 years.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I am surprised you replied ! I am just busting your chops . You are a brave Man for taking on the heat that you get on here . You seem to enjoy it, you keep coming back for more. UPS is a tough place to be a driver I am sure it is even tougher to be in management. Everybody that makes it to retirement in my area feels like a weight has been lifted off their backs. Including me,and the few management that made it thru that I know . So when you retire you can give us some juicy details . That's the beauty of posting on this forum,no one knows who you really are. I am sure your real name is not Dragon and my name is certainly not 34yearpackagehumper. However I thought the name was catchy after all it is what I did for 34 years.
He only shows up to take jabs and run away for a week or two. I have zero respect for management that are in place for the last 15 years. They all have to lie, cheat, and steal to keep their jobs. It is a fact. Most come in with good intentions of doing the right thing but are converted in a month or two. Fact.

Trucker Clock

It’s a full blown camera with full audio and video capabilities.

Yes it is. What did you think it was?

They try and calm people down by calling it a “sensor”,

How can a sensor detect distracted driving? It's a camera that analyses your movements.

but it can start recording at anytime without your knowledge.

Yes it can, But will it? That is an option that has to be enabled.

I got a manager to admit the camera has the ability to record video and audio of drivers.

Wow. You're amazing.

Yes, it does have the ability to record. Whether it is enabled is a different story. Even if it is, it cannot be used against you, at least not yet.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This made me think of Quaddecade guy. It seemed odd that I hadn’t seen him post anything for a while, because he seemed to post multiple times a day.

He hasn’t posted in 10 days. I wonder what happened to him?

Probably a new handle if anybody else is talking the nonsense he did it’s probably him

Commercial Inside Release

It's gonna be hard to stop calling traffic names, cussing at other drivers, making fun of idiots in public, cussing at broken\malfunctory equipment, swearing because I can't find a package, screaming at bad dogs, bitching about insane weather, and last but not least mumbling about what I'm going to do to the people I just got off the phone with... You know who you are.

Then there is digging in my shorts, scratching my balls\a55, pissing in bottles, spitting on the floor, shaking my dick after pissing, wiping dogzh1t on consignees parcels, dropping packages, throwing the cart, littering, throwing the previous drivers stuff out in the parking lot, making lewd comments to ladies, bitching about the clutter and junk in people's yards, cussing about jerks that cram 10 vehicles in their driveway, throwing foul tantrums because there is no where to park, flying into a murderous rage when someone tries to run me over...

Might as well quit.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have nothing to hide. Anything I’ve said here I would say in the office. Let them dig.
65A14814-205F-4DBE-96E2-DA10D0FD4682.gif

Whither

Scofflaw
Wow. You're amazing.

Yes, it does have the ability to record. Whether it is enabled is a different story. Even if it is, it cannot be used against you, at least not yet.
First, why the attitude?

Second, you don't think the company is clever enough to use the cam & mic against drivers wo admitting it or even making it obvious?

Third, no camera w those capabilities should ever be in our vehicles.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
First, why the attitude?

Second, you don't think the company is clever enough to use the cam & mic against drivers wo admitting it or even making it obvious?

Third, no camera w those capabilities should ever be in our vehicles.
UPS will absolutely use those cameras to fire drivers.

Steamer

Sorry, I don't get on here just to stir the pot I just don't hang out and answer all the replies. I spend all day at UPS why would I spend all evening? I thought this forum was for all UPS employees not just hourlies. Believe it or not we like to vent too...even we are amazed on what comes down from upstairs sometimes.

I like to be on here and give the management perspective side of things sometimes and keep some people grounded in reality. A lot of people on this forum think they know how it works in management but they really do not. They may know bits and pieces but that is about it.
Your name is perfect for management. You drag on Dragon. Just kidding of course. Yes, people are a dime a dozen now. Plus they keep inviting more into the USA for those suckers to vote for them. To take more money from the well until the well runs dry. It's the same concept at UPS. Imagine they break the union someday. And then you have nothing left but some scabs that work for lower hourly wages for a half ass job. What's funny is I see management baby new drivers to get them in line. But then they take well trained veteran drivers and treat them like crap. It makes no sense. It's really backwards thinking. Why would you want to start all over and work hard to train people when you have to worry and work less for the already well trained? Unless there is some secret bonus is in it for management to keep cost down with lower wages. That would be wonderful.

Ironically management fires drivers if they have an integrity issue. Yet, a lot of management thrives on their own lack of integrity.

Last edited:

BrownStains

Managements objective is to improve the bottom line and make profits. Part of that includes eliminating the highest paid employees and replacing with lower paid. These guys come in and harp on everything they can to get rid of employees and they will throw whatever new technology they can use to do it. The game has changed . Ups is no longer top dog of delivery . The industry is more competitive with amazon and fedex doing more at lower pay scales with contractors. Ups management knows this . It’s going to be even more difficult to survive this until retirement . They don’t want you to retire with a nice pension like the old days. Now they run you ragged until you hit that top pay then they’re trying to replace you to continue the cycle . I’ve seen this At my center. New management comes in starts cracking down on everything . Some guy just made top pay , gets his own route, then gets fired for some ridiculous reason and management had already replaced him with the guy that was training on his route.

34yearpackagehumper

He only shows up to take jabs and run away for a week or two. I have zero respect for management that are in place for the last 15 years. They all have to lie, cheat, and steal to keep their jobs. It is a fact. Most come in with good intentions of doing the right thing but are converted in a month or two. Fact.
With all the baggage that comes with going into management they still don't have shortage of people that want to go in.It amazes me.! Years ago we had this young driver that use to run routes when other drivers go on vacation, including mine. Man he would curse the company daily about this or that. We come into work one Monday morning the guy has a tie on and he's our new OCS. He only lasted about 2 years before they put him on roller skates. He tried to do the right thing by drivers in his group . The company saw him as a goody 2 shoes with drivers and the were'nt having that .