Driver facing cameras in the cab

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS has a way of turning good hourlies into bad OCS and center manager's . When they try to be nice people to employees they seem to become a target for upper management. They really don't want them to be friends with one another . Example my last OCS was a really nice guy and we all worked hard to make his numbers look good. However the better we made him look the more they beat up on him. He finally said he had enough of this crap and quit. He says that's the best thing he could of done. He told me he now "has his life back" . I really believe the stress was about to take him out. When I started at UPS in the late 70's my goal was to go into management . However after seeing what they when thru I found it to be safer as a driver. I was totally right on that move. They needed a union more than we did . Lol
Never friends with any management…ever

34yearpackagehumper

I agree. There’s the everyday bitching and moaning, and then there’s the ones that complain about a supe or center manager and get too specific. You know what I mean.
You just made me think about all the complaining we did every morning before pcm . The thing about it very few hourlies (drivers) quit we just went out and faced the music daily. A good $ can make you take on 11 and 12 hour days even when you don't want to.I talked to a driver recently that use to be one of my helpers during Christmas years ago. He said you thought it was bad when you were around it's only gotten worst he says. I told him to tuff it out ,you'll enjoy some nice monthly checks if you can make it thru .

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You just made me think about all the complaining we did every morning before pcm . The thing about it very few hourlies (drivers) quit we just went out and faced the music daily. A good $ can make you take on 11 and 12 hour days even when you don't want to.I talked to a driver recently that use to be one of my helpers during Christmas years ago. He said you thought it was bad when you were around it's only gotten worst he says. I told him to tuff it out ,you'll enjoy some nice monthly checks if you can make it thru .
Exactly.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
No I never said it was ok to tamper with company property,just the thought of the camera being there says alot. . It means the company can't trust you to do your job. As far as not knowing you is probably a good thing. I have been reading your post for years just never commented on any of them. Your posts come off as anti-hourly. This forum is a place were hourlies come to mostly vent. What is your point for being here if you don't mind me asking ?
Sorry, I don't get on here just to stir the pot I just don't hang out and answer all the replies. I spend all day at UPS why would I spend all evening? I thought this forum was for all UPS employees not just hourlies. Believe it or not we like to vent too...even we are amazed on what comes down from upstairs sometimes.

I like to be on here and give the management perspective side of things sometimes and keep some people grounded in reality. A lot of people on this forum think they know how it works in management but they really do not. They may know bits and pieces but that is about it.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Several of us at my building have openly called out that lie in the camera trainings. I got a manager to admit the camera has the ability to record video and audio of drivers.
CPD dealt with this same mess and they are VERY careful about what they discuss in the squad Exploders. I wouldn't be surprised they retaliate about what you even SAY to yourself

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t really mind the camera so much. For feeders it would be miserable not drinking for those long stretches, I’d start pulling the thing over to get a drink if they caused a bitch fit over it. But in package car it’s just about having a routine to drink while at stops. I don’t think it is a bad thing to get drivers used to doing that instead of drinking while driving.

I’m really not too concerned either way this thing turns out. At most they’ll catch me doing some minor crap but nothing like driving around with a cellphone in my hand posting on browncafe.