Driver next to me is on the 9.5 (On Topic)

Are you on the 9.5 list

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

Turdferguson

Just a turd
@everyone wow thanks for the really helpful advice. If you think UPS sucks so badly, quit; it helps those of us who hate being stuck next to your asses.
Sounds like you should heed your own advice. Lashing out at people who try to give you advice, dislike your coworkers. Feel persecuted because you have to work late.

M

MenInBrown

(On topic)
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

How would I resolve this situation without getting on the 9.5?

On paper I’m 2 hours over everyday. I made 2 sups right with me. Both times even more over than by myself (follow every method). Don’t know who is beside you or if this is the case, but not always lazy. I was told months ago they were gonna fix it. They haven’t but they adjusted my stop count based on their ride.

M

MenInBrown

(On topic)
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

Obviously you feel as though you are dealing with excessive OT. Why not get on the 9.5 list? If you choose to not get on it, then why complain? You can’t have it both ways. Either you want the excessive OT or you don’t. Don’t blame the man beside you. You will get excessive OT whether he is on the list or not.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
(On topic)

So...dont be scared. Get on the list. This is one reason for the crap contract we will eventually end up with. Giving up a lot to be automatically on the list. In my opinion, if a driver is too scared to get on the list, they shouldn't cry about overtime. Sickening.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
(On topic)

You will not resolve the situation by not getting on the list.

Your best bet is for you to get on the list with both of your neighbors. I don't know if all centers work this way, but ours pulls to three routes. So if only 1 out of 3 is on the list It will be a lopsided dispatch for two.

If your center has your nuts in a hot vise signing up. That's often the case. (Intimidating you not too). The best option is to go in as a group and sign up.

So you must sign up to fix the problem.

(im not on the 9.5) but i know to be on the 9.5 or to actually have management of your back take balls.
Im not on top pay and im still a cover driver so the reason why i dont fill for 9.5 is because some times i pick route that run 11 hours.
People on the 9.5 are no lazy, those are people who are financially stable to allow themself to work 45ish hours per week.
and for personal expereince if they were lazy and being over by 200 click im sure management will be ojsing their route all the time.

Ill say try talking to management and tell them you have something to do, i know u can get a 8 hour day now and then if you ask.
Did it ever occur to you that the company’s “numbers” might be off??

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
(On topic)

Also, this new contract has stronger language and it shouldn't be a huge hassle in 2019. It won't pertain to this year because of the extended talks for supplements & riders. So get on the list.

When the contract is ratified (which it will be, Freight agreed yesterday), the only thing retroactive will be your raise in pay. You'll be working under the old contract (2013-2018) in August thru fall. So expect your management team not to honor any of the language for the 2018-2023 contract in August and early fall.

In fact, some might even load you up severely until it passes. There's literally tens of thousands of supervisors, managers, operational, division/district, IE, HR, Account Execs etc... that would love to see a strike and for UPS to permanently walk away from the union. That is the truth.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
So...dont be scared. Get on the list. This is one reason for the crap contract we will eventually end up with. Giving up a lot to be automatically on the list. In my opinion, if a driver is too scared to get on the list, they shouldn't cry about overtime. Sickening.

The way I view the job
I signed on with UPS to work. And I will work hard. And I will get it done.
I usually take out a 12 everyday.

What I have seen in my building with the 9.5 is a rash of people who get their 9 hour dispatch and take 10 to do it just so they can file. If you go over 9.5 then that is the fault of the driver. Get it done.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The way I view the job

What I have seen in my building with the 9.5 is a rash of people who get their 9 hour dispatch and take 10 to do it just so they can file. If you go over 9.5 then that is the fault of the driver. Get it done.
You are basing the 9 hr dispatch on THEIR numbers. I've shown management countless times that their fairy tale numbers are not accurate. I tell them to talk to IE and always get that deer in the headlights look.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The way I view the job

Why get it done? So you can get abused even more? Lmfao. I like guys like you, less work for me.

Indecisi0n

Judge-Patrick-Star-And-Judge-Britney-Spears-Omg-Gif.gif

Siveriano

Did it ever occur to you that the company’s “numbers” might be off??

Impossible. Im trying hard every day to be like the legendary driver who does 59 stops per hour and come back before lunch to the building or like my manager who used to do every single route in the center and burn them.

Nah all serious tho yes thats why im saying if those guys were "over" management will find a way to harass them.

Me i dont give a friend about their number and trust me they know that by now.

a911scanner

Even though I'm not quite to 4 years, I was like the OP. Frustrated because I was always the one given a huge dispatch or extra work while my brothers went home *"early".

Got on the list. Now I am not like the OP. Now I have a least 3 days per week when I get to go home *"early".

Getting on the list is the best thing I've done since working here. No better time to do it when half the center is on the list due to 70hr peak weeks. They don't have time to hassle half of the center.

GET ON THE LIST!!

*"early" to UPS is the equivalent of a hard work week to most of your customers, to be certain.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The way I view the job

Do they pay you more for working so hard?