Driver next to me is on the 9.5 (On Topic)

Are you on the 9.5 list

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

wayfair

swollen member
I love a good 9.5 thread!

As a supervisor I see 9.5 as more of a game. I’ll pay attention to your dispatch and make sure that you get your 3 days under 9.5. Whether you’re a scratch driver or 2 hours over. I’ll keep you under 3 days and let you work 12+ hours on Friday. You won’t be winning any penalty pay through me. I told my dispatcher if anyone complains about their dispatch to wave his hands like spirit fingers and say “AMAZON!!!!” Lol

you're not a team player.

we are playing the same game

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

As a supervisor I see 9.5 as more of a game. I’ll pay attention to your dispatch and make sure that you get your 3 days under 9.5. Whether you’re a scratch driver or 2 hours over. I’ll keep you under 3 days and let you work 12+ hours on Friday. You won’t be winning any penalty pay through me. I told my dispatcher if anyone complains about their dispatch to wave his hands like spirit fingers and say “AMAZON!!!!” Lol
You could screw me once on a Friday but could guarantee you wouldn't see me the next couple. Have fun taking out a route.

bumped

The ironic thing about this post is that during the week I have family events to go to. I'm not doing anything on Fridays so, I don't give a crap what time I get home.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And I'll hammer your ass with pile on language ever single week.

You do realize there's language that covers exactly what you're talking about right?

RolloTony Brown Town

You do realize there's language that covers exactly what you're talking about right?

I’m exaggerating a bit. I don’t ever go to dispatch and tell them to poke a driver. BUT I do control dispatch until Friday and I don’t care what your dispatch looks like on Friday. 8.5? 9? 9.5? 11? Don’t care.

The language says Ill make a reasonable effort to lower excess overtime and the violation correlated with going over 9.5 3 times in a week. Half the guys that file don’t put in half the effort I do to control said dispatch. Why should I care if you feel a little overtime on Friday? You get what you give man. The guys that work with me get much more than the guys that jerk me around.

542thruNthru

I’m exaggerating a bit. I don’t ever go to dispatch and tell them to poke a driver. BUT I do control dispatch until Friday and I don’t care what your dispatch looks like on Friday. 8.5? 9? 9.5? 11? Don’t care.

The language says Ill make a reasonable effort to lower excess overtime and the violation correlated with going over 9.5 3 times in a week. Half the guys that file don’t put in half the effort I do to control said dispatch. Why should I care if you feel a little overtime on Friday? You get what you give man. The guys that work with me get much more than the guys that jerk me around.

No you're changing your story because you're a fake and don't know what you're talking about. Don't worry, no one here believes you do any of that. You just wish you could and dream about it, so you thought you'd come on here and pretend to be a bad ass.

Oh and here is the language for the exact BS you were claiming to be doing. Run along now little tike.
Screenshot_20180718-170226.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No the contract says you'll make a reasonable effort to reduce OT. Says nothing about only 3 days a week.

Also says you can't pile on the work the other 2 days. This is the stupid part of it all. Just give the guys that don't want the OT a reasonable dispatch every day and you never have to try to play games.

RolloTony Brown Town

No the contract says you'll make a reasonable effort to reduce OT. Says nothing about only 3 days a week.

Also says you can't pile on the work the other 2 days. This is the stupid part of it all. Just give the guys that don't want the OT a reasonable dispatch every day and you never have to try to play games.

The contract, whether you agree with it or not as it currently stands, defines excessive overtime as working more than 9.5 hours more than 2 times in a week. That’s why there’s a violation at 3 days. I’m not saying I agree with it but those are the rules.

I’m not a fake. I’m not a troll. Im being honest. There hasn’t been a 9.5 violation payout in my center in over 2 years.

I’m not speaking about every driver. I’m speaking on the 7 or 8 guys that are in my group that I know will file. None of them are on the list. Why? I control dispatch. If you’re a jerk about your dispatch I’m still going to control your dispatch and then on Friday... welp I held up my end of the bargain.

I’d like it if you (not you specifically) cared about your performance, or cared to get your air delivered on time, or cared to own any aspect of your job without running to your steward. But it is what it is. If you’re one of those guys we’d get along on The floor too. We’d pal around. I could be YOUR supervisor. And when you come in on Monday all piss and vinegar complaining about a section that should be on the other guy and threaten to drop the anchor...

Just remember that Friday you’ll have had 3 days under 9.5.

Grey

Our hub doesn’t recognize 9.5 and pays grievances every week. They haven’t cared about paying since I’ve been a FT driver (3.5 years).

Coldworld

60 months and counting
(On topic)
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

How would I resolve this situation without getting on the 9.5?
Sorry man... you need pimp slapped!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
With all the current over-dispatching, I can't understand why anybody wouldn't be on the 9/5 Opt Out List. You have to stand up for yourself, to the company we are all just pieces of equipment that can be replaced when we wear out. If they pay out enough penalty pay, it will be cheaper to put more routes in. If they want to pay out double-time, you are a fool for not taking it. If you aren't on the list, you will get extra stops from the driver nearest you that is. The company does not care about any of it's employees, anybody that doesn't understand this is fooling themselves.
Scratch for Teamster President 2021!

Dr.Brownz

Enjoy the harassment grievances :censored2:, the contract says specifically you can't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

No because he is a management clown who only knows about the contract through off the cuff statements his center manager made

Dr.Brownz

The contract, whether you agree with it or not as it currently stands, defines excessive overtime as working more than 9.5 hours more than 2 times in a week. That’s why there’s a violation at 3 days. I’m not saying I agree with it but those are the rules.

I’m not a fake. I’m not a troll. Im being honest. There hasn’t been a 9.5 violation payout in my center in over 2 years.

I’m not speaking about every driver. I’m speaking on the 7 or 8 guys that are in my group that I know will file. None of them are on the list. Why? I control dispatch. If you’re a jerk about your dispatch I’m still going to control your dispatch and then on Friday... welp I held up my end of the bargain.

I’d like it if you (not you specifically) cared about your performance, or cared to get your air delivered on time, or cared to own any aspect of your job without running to your steward. But it is what it is. If you’re one of those guys we’d get along on The floor too. We’d pal around. I could be YOUR supervisor. And when you come in on Monday all piss and vinegar complaining about a section that should be on the other guy and threaten to drop the anchor...

Just remember that Friday you’ll have had 3 days under 9.5.

LOL please tell us more about "The Floor". Sounds so official you must be a big important management guy