Driver next to me is on the 9.5 (On Topic)

Are you on the 9.5 list

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
(On topic)
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

How would I resolve this situation without getting on the 9.5?
Get on the list. We do not recognize UPS made up fake production numbers.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Take how fast one can work with no breaks, subtract time from that. A lot of time.
It's not even that precise. Put a 75 mph speed limit on every street and subtract an hour.
The last time a sup had to run a route, of course he used the 02 code to look good. The OMS (who can't stand him) put in 05 with no lunch and he was 1.79 over. Then the :censored2: had the gall to cry about overallowed the next morning. I swear these idiots don't have enough sense to get out of the rain. No integrity whatsoever.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I was consistently 2 hours over on my route for the last decade I worked.
I didn't care.
Filed a grievance for harassment every time it was mentioned.
Filed 289 grievances for harassment in one year.
File 478 grievances in one year is my record.
I grieved everything.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my 4 driver loop, 3 of us are on the 9/5 list and 2 of the guys that cover are on the list. The guy not on the 9/5 list consistently works 58 hours a week.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
(On topic)
They are always making sure they file a grievance to remain on the 9.5, but in all actuality they’re just a lazy ass. Consistently 2 1/2 hrs over, so who here actually believes that UPS is screwing them and it’s not the other way around? They are screwing both UPS and their fellow coworkers who aren’t on the 9.5.

What you meant to say is. "How would I resolve this without going on the 9.5 list because I'm scared of management. Sorry pal. Either grow a pair and opt on the list or continue to get splits and love it.

We don't file 9.5 to stay on the list. We file to get our money.

ManInBrown

(On topic)

You don’t. You get on the 9.5 also. You don’t worry about what someone else is doing. It’s not your place. I was in the same situation years ago. Driver next to me was on the 9.5. They buried me every day. Then one day I just got sick of it and got on the list as well. They still buried me but they paid for it. Then this driver got a 22.3 job and left. I stayed on the 9.5 and magically my dispatch got lighter almost immediately and the driver who took the other route started getting buried everyday. He never got on the 9.5. I got done at a reasonable time most nights, and he worked till 9pm every night. You have to stand up for yourself. It’s the only way.

Last edited:

Maplewood

(On topic)

I believe you are what they call "uneducated."

Maplewood

@everyone wow thanks for the really helpful advice. If you think UPS sucks so badly, quit; it helps those of us who hate being stuck next to your asses.
We can't help it if you're to chickin:censored2: to opt in. You are probably the same type of chicken:censored2: who is to pusillanimous to strike for a better future. If you would like to work less hours quit crying and opt in.

RolloTony Brown Town

I love a good 9.5 thread!

As a supervisor I see 9.5 as more of a game. I’ll pay attention to your dispatch and make sure that you get your 3 days under 9.5. Whether you’re a scratch driver or 2 hours over. I’ll keep you under 3 days and let you work 12+ hours on Friday. You won’t be winning any penalty pay through me. I told my dispatcher if anyone complains about their dispatch to wave his hands like spirit fingers and say “AMAZON!!!!” Lol