Driver next to me is on the 9.5 (On Topic)

Are you on the 9.5 list

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our hub doesn’t recognize 9.5 and pays grievances every week. They haven’t cared about paying since I’ve been a FT driver (3.5 years).
You can make them have a meeting with the district labor manager, center manager, steward, and yourself per the contract.

Sounds like your center is too afraid to file.

RolloTony Brown Town

LOL please tell us more about "The Floor". Sounds so official you must be a big important management guy

I never said I was important. Just trying to make to make a point. I could be in your center. You don’t know. You’re just like me: some guy sitting on his phone or at a computer bitching about work.

I love that you say I “can’t do that” about not keeping you under 9.5 on Friday... Or not caring if you take it on the chin on Monday either

Because guess what? You’ll get your 3 days under. Prove its harassment. Between the fridays and Mondays you call out, the optional days you request or the “doctor’s appointment” you set for the Friday before vacation, the multiple weeks of vacation you have, the weeks I’m on vacation too, and the Fridays you’re given off because we cut back routes and I’m up a driver. You won’t be able to prove that your grievance has any merit.

That’s like me trying to fire you for not maintaining performance. I can threaten you with your job. I can fire you under article 7 but it’s not going anywhere. You’re dreaming son.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got a good laugh tonight when I got back to the building. I went over 9.5 twice already this week and they asked me if I wanted to go back out and "take about 15 stops off another driver". I had 160 stops today, so "Hell No" was my answer. I asked if they wanted to pay me $72.42 an hour to deliver blind in an area I hadn't seen in 25 years, I got no response as I walked out of the office.

UrFellowUpser

I want the overtime personally Im not financially set like some of you vets and im not at top rate just 19.50 an hr. My hours every week been 37 to 40 hrs a pay period lately Im like wtf i need 50 to 55 hr weeks!! I got bills to pay. These light days are killing me

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I want the overtime personally Im not financially set like some of you vets and im not at top rate just 19.50 an hr. My hours every week been 37 to 40 hrs a pay period lately Im like wtf i need 50 to 55 hr weeks!! I got bills to pay. These light days are killing me

See me around the corner after we leave the building you can have all you want

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I never said I was important. Just trying to make to make a point. I could be in your center. You don’t know. You’re just like me: some guy sitting on his phone or at a computer bitching about work.

I love that you say I “can’t do that” about not keeping you under 9.5 on Friday... Or not caring if you take it on the chin on Monday either

Because guess what? You’ll get your 3 days under. Prove its harassment. Between the fridays and Mondays you call out, the optional days you request or the “doctor’s appointment” you set for the Friday before vacation, the multiple weeks of vacation you have, the weeks I’m on vacation too, and the Fridays you’re given off because we cut back routes and I’m up a driver. You won’t be able to prove that your grievance has any merit.

That’s like me trying to fire you for not maintaining performance. I can threaten you with your job. I can fire you under article 7 but it’s not going anywhere. You’re dreaming son.
Easiest damn thing in the world to prove.

Tues-thurs you sent me out with 70 stops and 180 miles and my base route.

Monday and Friday I get 80 stops with 225 miles and 1.5 routes of area.

Yeah real hard to prove. Smh

RolloTony Brown Town

Easiest damn thing in the world to prove.

Tues-thurs you sent me out with 70 stops and 180 miles and my base route.

Monday and Friday I get 80 stops with 225 miles and 1.5 routes of area.

Yeah real hard to prove. Smh

It’ll go from 105 with 140 miles to 120 with 155 miles but your neighbors dispatches grow because it’s Monday and the goal has us running a leaner dispatch because volume is down.

It won’t look like what you described. Your grievance will die in an office somewhere. Your BA will bring it up to Labor and they’ll see that you had more work on a Friday here and a Monday there but it was all relative to how much work the rest of the center was doing on that day.

I’m telling you. You got nothing. And then they’re gonna look at your performance and you kinda suck at the job so now I gotta do an OJS on you. Thanks for that btw cause I love hassling people. The union won’t recognize it, but I’ll use it to keep building my case that I’m trying to give you a fair dispatch under 9.5.

Then they look at everyone else’s and see what the planned dispatch was on Monday and Fridays and then yourd

I appreciate you taking the time to read my replies and spar with me a bit. It’s not personal. I’m sure half the guys in here think I’m wrong and I know nothing. I’ll be the first to let you know if I get a harassment grievance for what you described.

Hasn’t worked yet.

wayfair

swollen member
I’m telling you. You got nothing. And then they’re gonna look at your performance and you kinda suck at the job so now I gotta do an OJS on you. Thanks for that btw cause I love hassling people. The union won’t recognize it, but I’ll use it to keep building my case that I’m trying to give you a fair dispatch under 9.5.

Our job isn't based on your performance numbers...TTKU

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I am telling you all right here, you can not prove "retaliation." That word is in the contract to make us feel like the union has our back and I am sure more than a few negotiators on both sides laughed when they phrased it exactly like they did. It means nothing!
That is why the contract doesn't say something measurable like, "No more than 11 hours the 2 remaining days."

mvol50 is correct in some aspects. But then again the only drivers he can harass are the ones who let him harass them!