Driver release: smalls

HD219

someone at our station tossed a package, caught on a ring dr bell. video was sent to Fred S via email. Bye bye courier...
A driver on my line got caught on surveillance tossing a package onto the porch. Still employed. Luckily it was during peak and our terminal is in dire need of drivers.

dezguy

If it doesn't make the news or youtube, you're golden.
Amazing all the :censored2: you see at ramps; packages getting thrown, dropped, etc but never hear of discipline or termination. Buuuut drop an envelope from waist height at a door and watch out!

The hypocrisy is mind bending. Customers think, if it's sent courier, it's white glove service when the reality couldn't be further from the truth, while moving through company's systems.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Amazing all the :censored2: you see at ramps; packages getting thrown, dropped, etc but never hear of discipline or termination. Buuuut drop an envelope from waist height at a door and watch out!

The hypocrisy is mind bending. Customers think, if it's sent courier, it's white glove service when the reality couldn't be further from the truth, while moving through company's systems.
FedEx is legendary for notorious double standards.

HD219

So true. Package handlers toss "fragile" packages onto our pallets. Drivers will throw these things 10 feet onto the back of the truck.

Star B

White Lightening

You could run a delivery company called "We Toss Yo Shiz" and then when someone catches you tossing their stuff, they'd get upset.

CJinx

You can't really blame the customer; this time every year the media shows footage of the Memphis hub sorting packages and you know those clips are cherry-picked. You don't get to see the incompatible getting man-handled by one dude because there is neither the time nor the personnel available for a team lift, or the one loader struggling to keep up because their truck just got hit with a bulk stop.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
A driver on my line got caught on surveillance tossing a package onto the porch. Still employed. Luckily it was during peak and our terminal is in dire need of drivers.
A driver got fired for this, but it was early summer.

He was an ex FXE driver too... got caught on multiple throws to multiple customers....

I had to cover the route until management found a driver. They used my bid route as a training session for new drivers during the single system phase

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So true. Package handlers toss "fragile" packages onto our pallets. Drivers will throw these things 10 feet onto the back of the truck.
I don't, LoL

I shook one of the boxes and heard broken glass or plastic... box was properly sealed, but no fragile stickers on it.

Open it up in front of the qa clerk... big 2 ft wall clock with shattered plastic lens

!Retired!

someone at our station tossed a package, caught on a ring dr bell. video was sent to Fred S via email. Bye bye courier...
Guess he/she didn't believe it could happen.
So, what he/she did was ok? Just pray your DM doesn't find out. You'll probably need a driver and manager.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Customers think, if it's sent courier, it's white glove service when the reality couldn't be further from the truth, while moving through company's systems.
5F2ED201-A257-4606-971C-00274D7005C0.jpeg

dmac1

What ever happened to not leaving a package where it can be seen from the street???? Whether or not inside a storm door shouldn't reduce your liability. If I couldn't find somewhere out of sight to leave it, I wasn't about to be liable. You never know how much you might be charged. Maybe these 'employees' of ISPs can't be held liable, but if I was the ISP, I wouldn't allow it. Don't know if it ever went through, but many years ago, HD was planning to require a picture of every driver release to be taken with the scanner..
And with experience, you can learn which packages are safe to throw. Hell, it doesn't even take that much experience.

Cactus

I happen to agree with 59. Whether you like it or not, that's the policy. You don't want to follow it, be prepared to pay the consequence.
Dano seems to enjoy any misfortune that comes the courier’s way. There’s been plenty of policy violations done by employees higher up the food chain which often go unchecked.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano seems to enjoy any misfortune that comes the courier’s way. There’s been plenty of policy violations done by employees higher up the food chain which often go unchecked.

No one is talking about misfortune, we're talking about lazy people. Your defense of them says plenty, though.

Cactus

No one is talking about misfortune, we're talking about lazy people. Your defense of them says plenty, though.
You cheered justice about a courier that got fired for throwing a package at a delivery stop. And now you say that courier’s issue was laziness? Confusing the issues and muddying the waters, wow. Memphis really has you programmed.