Driver release: smalls

!Retired!

Dano seems to enjoy any misfortune that comes the courier’s way. There’s been plenty of policy violations done by employees higher up the food chain which often go unchecked.
I love watching discipline handed out to ANYONE who blatantly breaks policy. I've seen it happen to couriers, managers and in TWO cases..senior managers. Higher than that? Well, they are usually announced as 'retirement' or 'decided to leave the company', but we'll never know the REAL reasons.
You cheered justice about a courier that got fired for throwing a package at a delivery stop. And now you say that courier’s issue was laziness? Confusing the issues and muddying the waters, wow. Memphis really has you programmed.
To lazy to to walk up to the house so he throws the package, gets caught and gets fired. See? Same thing. Do you purposely look for things to argue about?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I agree.....comment = 3 seconds per stop X 200 stops = 600 seconds = 10 minutes.

Yup, plus having stops that take 5 to 40 minutes apart on a rural route is the main time waster... guess you forgot about that???

sketch-1544580676895.png

I have to fuel up before heading home... or risk overheating the in-tank fuel pump for the 19 -25 miles

Good thing they also trust me with a fuel card. Only a select few have that privilege...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yup, plus having stops that take 5 to 40 minutes apart on a rural route is the main time waster... guess you forgot about that???

View attachment 225971

Good thing they also trust me with a fuel card. Only a select few have that privilege...
I suppose the other Ground drivers who work for a contractor have to pay for fuel out of their own pocket?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You cheered justice about a courier that got fired for throwing a package at a delivery stop. And now you say that courier’s issue was laziness?

Well, he was probably stupid, too. But would you like to argue that he threw the package because he WASN'T lazy? You're probably not much brighter than him and I'd like to hear your bumbling, stumbling defense.

Cactus

Well, he was probably stupid, too. But would you like to argue that he threw the package because he WASN'T lazy? You're probably not much brighter than him and I'd like to hear your bumbling, stumbling defense.
He was more than likely overloaded with more work than he should have been. Probably had a lousy leave building time that morning putting him further behind. A p/u at residential who had no clue what they were doing, eating up more time. Etc.

And schmucks like you in your cushy offices say he’s lazy. Your diagnosis is BS.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He was more than likely overloaded with more work than he should have been. Probably had a lousy leave building time that morning putting him further behind. A p/u at residential who had no clue what they were doing, eating up more time. Etc.

Wow, you're assuming three specific excuses about his day to justify something that can't be justified... but then it's probably just habit.

And schmucks like you in your cushy offices say he’s lazy.

I said he was stupid, too. Get it right.

OrioN

I suppose the other Ground drivers who work for a contractor have to pay for fuel out of their own pocket?
Nope, most goto the local gas station near the terminal and has a running tab to pay at the end of each month... me and a few others out in the sticks have that fleet card to fuel up anywhere

OrioN

???

Someone says it was a waste of time to type in the stop comments.... I fly thru that while getting back in the vehicle...

The major time waster on my rural route is the windshield time between stops.

Having good weather is a plus. Done by 1945 tonight

dezguy

???

Someone says it was a waste of time to type in the stop comments.... I fly thru that while getting back in the vehicle...

Having good weather is a plus. Done by 1945 tonight
I also had good weather. I was done at 1651, today.

!Retired!

???

The point I was making was that typing in comments takes almost no time at all. Time between stops is irrelevant to this post.

OrioN

And I was adding the driving time is the major reason I'm out soooooo late... about 25 to 35 miles to route, then180 to 230 area miles... 19 to 25 miles home...

that and preload, because I want everything on my truck checked off. I won't load mis sorts since I don't have time or they don't pay hourly to deliver them

Oldfart

And schmucks like you in your cushy offices say he’s lazy. Your diagnosis is BS.
More than likely?
Probably lousy leave building?

Do you have ANY facts or do you just stay in fanatasy land all day?

Everyone knows video cameras are common today. Anyone that is dumb enough to throw packages is totally ignorant and YES, lazy

Cactus

More than likely?
Probably lousy leave building?

Do you have ANY facts or do you just stay in fanatasy land all day?
Thanks for your (more than unwelcome) guidance around here.

Even a brand new courier with two weeks experience knows that late freight and couriers going out over capacity are very common occurrences these days. Maybe THAT in part explains the heavy turnover of staff?

Go away with your 4 FO stops and your 1982 vision of what your Express station is raceboy.