Drivers Going Home On Mondays Not Forcing The Guarantee "On Topic"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just think of the million the pensions get when employees work here under 5 years and will never collect on those monies but the fund gets to keep it in there to grow
That is a different issue.

We don't have a large number of full timers working under 5 years.

Do you?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That is a different issue.

We don't have a large number of full timers working under 5 years.

Do you?
We can’t get drivers here.....they are hiring off the street and they don’t last long... our pension is made up of both pt and full time... our pt. Retention rates are a crying shame....it’s a joke

Integrity

Binge Poster
We can’t get drivers here.....they are hiring off the street and they don’t last long... our pension is made up of both pt and full time... our pt. Retention rates are a crying shame....it’s a joke
That is a shame.

I am in an area where part-time pension and full-time pension are completely separate.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why? I personally plan on doing it one day. Working 4 days a week especially a job as physical as this is why not?
I received new information so I can't hold to a complete blanket statement but in my area RLO are not good.

I don't know how your area works but in my Local when guaranteed straight time pay is forfeited the pension and health care contributions for those straight time hours are also forfeited. This is bad for all Full-timers in my local.

How does your local work?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I received new information so I can't hold to a complete blanket statement but in my area RLO are not good.

I don't know how your area works but in my Local when guaranteed straight time pay is forfeited the pension and health care contributions for those straight time hours are also forfeited. This is bad for all Full-timers in my local.

How does your local work?
No clue but it’s not every week. The guys that been doing it 25yrs+ I feel like they have put their time in and they deserve to take off if they want so I can’t be mad at that.

Indecisi0n

Me-sters around here line up to go home. All they think about it today and not their future. I have a route and enough time that I don't need to worry about lay offs. In the end they are just screwing themselves. They will find this out when it's too late, oh well.