Drivers Going Home On Mondays Not Forcing The Guarantee "On Topic"

Undertow

Agree but your on early am , you get 10 hours no matter what. Can't wait for all the crashes next year with too many rookies on the road. Its all gonna balance out.
No way to predict the future for certain, but that possibility indeed exists given the circumstances. It's becoming pretty clear that the average/typical new hire today really doesn't possess the same experience and priorities as the ones getting started a generation ago and there's the additional impediment of ORION often badly hindering the learning curve.

One of the long time drivers in my building remarked the other day how the first thing he sees upon walking into work in the morning is some supervisor reminding some guy on his 10th day about how he hasn't made scratch. Even if the new hire has a healthy dose of self confidence before being hired, he's being hassled about production while surrounded with often bad loaders and nearly always with a terribly flawed dispatch program that not only hinders his chances of running a route efficiently, but can even contribute to increasing the odds of an accident with as many times it's directing him drive to repeatedly through the same high density traffic intersections 5 times as much as RDO ever would.

Management thinks accidents are bad now, then just wait until it's dark by 5pm and the white stuff is coming down. All the worksheets in the world handed to short timers aren't going to prevent somebody barely in the progression from acquiring the skillset necessary to succeed for the long term.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And lack of votes. UPS is on its way to destroy the culture.
The ups culture was a mgt thing... always been s towards hourly anyway... and the most precious “partnership “ mgt believed in died years ago.....oh well... nothing has changed for us..... s in s out like @gumby use to always say...

LagunaBrown

Not sure about drivers, but in the hub management has been trying to send Article 22.3s home as early as possible lately, without their guarantee. Not forcing or anything, just asking for volunteers. Sometimes before the belts even start. Then supervisors start working. I try to grieve it, but the stewards tell me because there's a new hire "in the area" (and by that, I mean 100 ft. away, not looking at what the supervisor is doing), it's training and thus cannot be grieved.

Maybe @BigUnionGuy can give some insight into this issue...
Training is one person working and one observing. If they are both are working at the same time then file. The only time a supervisor is allowed to work is when the union employee in training is getting paid to observe.