Drivers: What do you do with all your money?

upschuck

People tend to spend until they have no more to spend, and a lot of "rich" people even live paycheck to paycheck. Sad, really.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your day will come. The best advice I can give you and everyone else is, stay out of debt and don't live beyond your means.

No matter what the stock market does, I sleep very well not owing anyone
Like I tell my wife if the stock market tanks to the point that we have nothing left. We're gonna be thinking about just surviving. Not how much money we have.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Your day will come. The best advice I can give you and everyone else is, stay out of debt and don't live beyond your means.

No matter what the stock market does, I sleep very well not owing anyone

That's the best feeling. That's why we took that offer to sell our house last year when we weren't even looking to sell. Was able to build a new one and pay for it and still have money left over. It's nice not to have a mortgage payment. It sped up our plans for the future by 5 years.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's the best feeling. That's why we took that offer to sell our house last year when we weren't even looking to sell. Was able to build a new one and pay for it and still have money left over. It's nice not to have a mortgage payment. It sped up our plans for the future by 5 years.

Having your house paid for is probably the most important step.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If building the house doesn't kill you. ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
I haven't had a house payment since back in the 70's. My first house (it was an older 3 bedroom) was on a nice lake and my payments were something like $89 a month. That included mortgage insurance. It was listed at $20,000-we offered $18,000 and they took it. We put $10,000 down on it and financed 8. Kept it 5 years and sold it for $39,000. Bought my second house on 20 acres for 36,000. Sold it for $165,000. Built my new hose on the river 12 years ago for $165,000 and its appraised now at $365,000. Only once in my life have I ever had a car payment. That was right out of High School. My only regret is that I didn't find a good financial planner back in the 70's and get into the stock market at that time instead of waiting until UPS got rid of the Thrift Plan.