Dues, Initiation Fees Just for Seasonal Drivers?

Stonefish

I pay my helpers dues/initiation fees while they are working with me , I never thought it was right to take it from someone who is only going to be working a month here

So what you are saying is you pay the alleged $500 initiation fees and 3 month's dues for your helper. I call bull#$%&. I buy my helper lunch and give him a tip but you give him/her $700. Right

jaker

trolling
So what you are saying is you pay the alleged $500 initiation fees and 3 month's dues for your helper. I call bull#$%&. I buy my helper lunch and give him a tip but you give him/her $700. Right
They take 30 bucks a week out of his check , so I take 30 bucks out of my pocket and give it to him

It's not a up front fee they take the money until the fee is reached and then start taking dues

But thanks for being a dick about something that you don't know how every state or local works

Stonefish

They take 30 bucks a week out of his check , so I take 30 bucks out of my pocket and give it to him

It's not a up front fee they take the money until the fee is reached and then start taking dues

But thanks for being a dick about something that you don't know how every state or local works
Again you give him $30 a week for 13 weeks and the $500 in initiation fees I say bull. You gotta do better than that. Tell me how it works or your being a dick. Back at you tough guy.

Marne Vet

I cover my helpers initiation fees. It's not $500. It's $25 a week, and I'll only have him for two more weeks, so $75 total for the three.
Again you give him $30 a week for 13 weeks and the $500 in initiation fees I say bull. And that really hurts when a liar says someone is being a dick. You gotta do better than that. Tell me how it works or your being a dick. Back at you tough guy.

Helpers don't work 13 weeks. I have mine for 3. Have you ever heard of ANY employee paying initiation fees for 13 weeks? I paid initiation fees for 4 weeks when I started, then started paying Union dues. Never heard of someone that pays initiation fees that long.

Stonefish

Most helpers only work 3 weeks of peak. If they are lucky. Some less.
Not in my area. If that's the way it works in your area that's fine. In my local if they only work 3 weeks they ask for the dues back that were deducted and they would more than likely be given them back in the 3 week scenario

Stonefish

I cover my helpers initiation fees. It's not $500. It's $25 a week, and I'll only have him for two more weeks, so $75 total for the three.

Helpers don't work 13 weeks. I have mine for 3. Have you ever heard of ANY employee paying initiation fees for 13 weeks? I paid initiation fees for 4 weeks when I started, then started paying Union dues. Never heard of someone that pays initiation fees that long.
I guess that is my point $500 in dues and initiation fees in 10 weeks doesn't make sense, Never heard of that before.

Stonefish

I am not sure what Region you are in but in the Central they can work outside the months of November and December

PT Car Washer

I am in the Central Region and we only use helpers or seasonal drivers for only 3 or 4 weeks out of the year. Maybe 1 or 2 a bit longer. But most don't work much. I do not think they have to pay dues or initiation fees either.

Stonefish

I am in the Central Region and we only use helpers or seasonal drivers for only 3 or 4 weeks out of the year. Maybe 1 or 2 a bit longer. But most don't work much. I do not think they have to pay dues or initiation fees either.
I am in the Central also. Article 11, Section 5 allows for helpers to be used outside November/December.

Marne Vet

I am not sure what Region you are in but in the Central they can work outside the months of November and December

Gotcha. Not here unless special circumstances, and the Union agrees to it. If we get hit real bad with snow for example and need to keep them longer than usual, then it's a day to day thing. We always keep a few around after Christmas to help clean-up the Center.