Easiest peak ever?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't know you but if you are brash enough to brag about being lazy, don't believe I want to know you.

Never count out Trump. He did what everyone thought was impossible.

Please point out where he has ever said that he was lazy.

What he has said repeatedly is that he works smarter, not harder, than the rest of us.

MassWineGuy

Today we expected 6,000 pieces and got 3,000. I don't see a huge increase in volume at our station. Every UPS driver I've asked had over 200 stops/day.

dezguy

Sounds like a quote from a lazy person. Wanting someone else to do something and wanting everyone else to give them something.
Yeah! You don't see Fred S sitting around in an office every morning! He's out on the sort, hand bombing cans so we can be on the road on time. :eyeroll:

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like a quote from a lazy person. Wanting someone else to do something and wanting everyone else to give them something.
It's one interpretation. Another would be that time is an asset that many people don't put enough value on. When people are patient, they begin to realize just how much time they really do have.

vantexan

In my experience, people who make comments such as "only the left plays the race card" are uniformly racist. I wouldn't say either way in this case, but I certainly would not be shocked.
I believe calling someone racist for pointing out how the Left always plays the race card is, well, playing the race card.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So the fact that the man is successfully running a delivery business, and chooses not to do the work of delivering for his business, makes him a lazy person?? That's just crazy. What business man in their right mind would choose to do that work when they have perfectly good people working for them? He may not be doing the grunt work, but I'm betting he is working behind the scenes keeping things going.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our Peak was going along pretty well until today.....our Memphis flight was diverted to another airport because of an ice storm. The freight didn't arrive until the afternoon and they were still handling it as I left work. They'll be delivering Saturdays tomorrow and everything else will go out Monday. We have so many young, fresh-faced jumpers running around everywhere it sure is nice. They're doing all the unload in the mornings, scanning the belts and whatever else management has them doing. Unlimited hours for them. They very happy and enthusiastic about that as they're making $17 an hour. Not too shabby for college kids.

McFeely

Huge Member
Our SDR freight was split between two different trucks evidently (we're a small station and usually it's all on one). Our first truck arrived at about 0900 but the second one didn't make it to the station until around noon. Got to meet up on-road and do a second pass on my route to get off all the SDR packages and all the Mon-Tue-Wed freight that I had. At least I'm all caught up for Monday morning.

Purplepackage

Our SDR freight was split between two different trucks evidently (we're a small station and usually it's all on one). Our first truck arrived at about 0900 but the second one didn't make it to the station until around noon. Got to meet up on-road and do a second pass on my route to get off all the SDR packages and all the Mon-Tue-Wed freight that I had. At least I'm all caught up for Monday morning.

On Saturday before the week of Christmas last year I must've done around 80 stops and cleared out everything. Come in Monday morning and some how have 150 stops lol

McFeely

Huge Member
Right? Last year I remember doing 80+ stops on a Saturday (including the Mon/Tues stuff), but yesterday was only 50-ish. I'm on a different route than last year, so not really a good comparison. It does seem a bit lighter than last year though.

Guess I'll see what kinda :censored2:storm awaits me tomorrow morning. I think I was at 145 stops last Monday.

Purplepackage

Today we expected 6,000 pieces and got 3,000. I don't see a huge increase in volume at our station. Every UPS driver I've asked had over 200 stops/day.

Just so you know, the other 3000 pieces you didn't get will come In Monday on top of another 3000 pieces most likely.

You may not have seen an increase but I guarantee you will see an increase this week

Purplepackage

Right? Last year I remember doing 80+ stops on a Saturday (including the Mon/Tues stuff), but yesterday was only 50-ish. I'm on a different route than last year, so not really a good comparison. It does seem a bit lighter than last year though.

Guess I'll see what kinda :censored2:storm awaits me tomorrow morning. I think I was at 145 stops last Monday.

Well according to our seniors projection numbers (aka bull:censored2:). Last week was supposed to be 3% lighter than last year but this coming week is supposed to be 5% heavier than last year