Easiest peak ever?

whenIgetthere

Today we expected 6,000 pieces and got 3,000. I don't see a huge increase in volume at our station. Every UPS driver I've asked had over 200 stops/day.

Pretty sure the area north of your station will explode this week. Lots of money, mainly resi areas up on Cape Ann, you'll be busy this week. unless, they hired too many new people this year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well according to our seniors projection numbers (aka bull:censored2:). Last week was supposed to be 3% lighter than last year but this coming week is supposed to be 5% heavier than last year
And some fool is getting paid handsomely to come up with these BS projection numbers. Anyone could do better with a simple dartboard.

vantexan

Last year from the Monday before Thanksgiving I got slammed right up to Christmas with maybe 2 reasonable days. This year I'm so far only a little busier than normal, with many days no different than normal. Saturday we were told to be back by 1700 before the freight arrived. I ended up with 26 stops, worked 5 hours, extended rt. They could've just worked the Saturday crew and saved OT.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Saturday, this area ran a full weekday operation (minus know closed businesses) that included M/T/W pkgs. Same thing today. Most stations are fully staffed and we're looking at smooth sailing barring anything funky happening between now and Friday. Hard for most couriers to get more than 9 hours.

Yomama11

They capped everyone in my station at 11 hours today. I took extra stops and will punch out just before that.
That's the same plan I'm on...I left with 136 deliveries today and left the help route with no stops.Right after I left the manager text me saying I needed to drop stops to the help route because they didn't want me working 12 hours...When we met up I gave up 20 stops..

Purplepackage

Saturday, this area ran a full weekday operation (minus know closed businesses) that included M/T/W pkgs. Same thing today. Most stations are fully staffed and we're looking at smooth sailing barring anything funky happening between now and Friday. Hard for most couriers to get more than 9 hours.

9 a day is all you need.

45 hours a week is a prefect amount

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our jumpers were looking a little tired today after working the last 7 days in a row. Thank God mine still had energy today as my stops were twice my average number. We killed it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our jumpers were looking a little tired today after working the last 7 days in a row. Thank God mine still had energy today as my stops were twice my average number. We killed it.

My helper is what you would call less than motivated. I have given him $20 each week that he has worked and an additional $20 for each day that it was really cold (3 thus far). He has worked with me for at least 2 weeks and still has issues with the DIAD. He is also a chain smoker who can barely carry a package without getting short of breath. He also has the bladder of an 80 year old. I have to remind him on a daily basis to make sure that he brings his reflective vest and ice cleats with him. I also have to remind him on a daily basis to cross behind the pkg car and to push, not pull, the hand cart, both of which he ignores. He doesn't drive so he has to ride or his bike or walk to wherever he has to go. I have asked him to use his tip money for a cab but he prefers to use it for beer. I could care less how he spends it just as long as he shows up on time.

Last week I picked him up on a Monday and had to wait until he put on his vest and ice cleats, even though he had been at the meet point for at least 10 minutes. He then announced that he had to pee and got mad when I asked him why he didn't take care of that while he was waiting.

The funny part is that he gets upset with my rules yet wants to apply for an inside job. I have already told HR that he is a definite "no rehire" but lie to him and tell him that I have put a good word in for him just so that he will continue to show up every day for the rest of the week.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My helper is what you would call less than motivated. I have given him $20 each week that he has worked and an additional $20 for each day that it was really cold (3 thus far). He has worked with me for at least 2 weeks and still has issues with the DIAD. He is also a chain smoker who can barely carry a package without getting short of breath. He also has the bladder of an 80 year old. I have to remind him on a daily basis to make sure that he brings his reflective vest and ice cleats with him. I also have to remind him on a daily basis to cross behind the pkg car and to push, not pull, the hand cart, both of which he ignores. He doesn't drive so he has to ride or his bike or walk to wherever he has to go. I have asked him to use his tip money for a cab but he prefers to use it for beer. I could care less how he spends it just as long as he shows up on time.

Last week I picked him up on a Monday and had to wait until he put on his vest and ice cleats, even though he had been at the meet point for at least 10 minutes. He then announced that he had to pee and got mad when I asked him why he didn't take care of that while he was waiting.

The funny part is that he gets upset with my rules yet wants to apply for an inside job. I have already told HR that he is a definite "no rehire" but lie to him and tell him that I have put a good word in for him just so that he will continue to show up every day for the rest of the week.
My helper is very good, which surprises me. He is a spoiled only child with a great work ethic who wants to do everything. First time I've ever let a helper use my powerpad. Lol.

Southeast Hoss

You shouldn't lead him along- jk, work is work- if he is scared to work, this is not the place to be.