Easiest peak ever?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Mine would have taken it and bought cigarettes or beer with it.
Mine is working for spending money and a trip to Florida next week. But he's working every minute they'll let him. Yesterday he started at 0500 and was willing to work til 2200 last night with only a 30 min break all day. He's a machine! Lol.

Southeast Hoss

He has to eat and take a restroom break. I hear Express takes a mandatory 1 hour lunch break, is that true?

Mine is working for spending money and a trip to Florida next week. But he's working every minute they'll let him. Yesterday he started at 0500 and was willing to work til 2200 last night with only a 30 min break all day. He's a machine! Lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It makes zero sense to take a meal break while your helper is on the car. He/she does not want to sit for up to an hour unpaid and I certainly don't want to spend any more time with mine than I have to.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It makes zero sense to take a meal break while your helper is on the car. He/she does not want to sit for up to an hour unpaid and I certainly don't want to spend any more time with mine than I have to.
It's different here. They leave the building with us and return with us. Whatever break we take, they take.

whenIgetthere

Saturday, this area ran a full weekday operation (minus know closed businesses) that included M/T/W pkgs. Same thing today. Most stations are fully staffed and we're looking at smooth sailing barring anything funky happening between now and Friday. Hard for most couriers to get more than 9 hours.

The route next to me, the one who can make a twelve hour day out of four hours of work, keeps snagging stops out of the overflow routes piles. Then at 1900, she needs help because she can't finish. Of course, no one else is out there that late, because we are all getting eight or nine hours. Manager turns a blind eye to it, though. This has happened everyday the past two weeks.

McFeely

Huge Member
He has to eat and take a restroom break. I hear Express takes a mandatory 1 hour lunch break, is that true?

All year long I take enough stops to make my numbers and only take a 30-minute break. Yesterday was the first time I've taken a longer break than that, but I just didn't have the freight and we got on road super early compared to a normal day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My helper is what you would call less than motivated. I have given him $20 each week that he has worked and an additional $20 for each day that it was really cold (3 thus far). He has worked with me for at least 2 weeks and still has issues with the DIAD. He is also a chain smoker who can barely carry a package without getting short of breath. He also has the bladder of an 80 year old. I have to remind him on a daily basis to make sure that he brings his reflective vest and ice cleats with him. I also have to remind him on a daily basis to cross behind the pkg car and to push, not pull, the hand cart, both of which he ignores. He doesn't drive so he has to ride or his bike or walk to wherever he has to go. I have asked him to use his tip money for a cab but he prefers to use it for beer. I could care less how he spends it just as long as he shows up on time.

Last week I picked him up on a Monday and had to wait until he put on his vest and ice cleats, even though he had been at the meet point for at least 10 minutes. He then announced that he had to pee and got mad when I asked him why he didn't take care of that while he was waiting.

The funny part is that he gets upset with my rules yet wants to apply for an inside job. I have already told HR that he is a definite "no rehire" but lie to him and tell him that I have put a good word in for him just so that he will continue to show up every day for the rest of the week.
What a "model employee" you are. I'll bet that HR just loves it when you come around.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
9 a day is all you need.

45 hours a week is a prefect amount

My dad worked 12 a day from as early as I can remember until he retired at 62. Mom worked 8 a day for most of her working life, with periods of heavy OT.

I've always preferred 10 a day most days as an hourly. Not enough to ruin most days but enough to make a nice difference on the paycheck.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The route next to me, the one who can make a twelve hour day out of four hours of work, keeps snagging stops out of the overflow routes piles. Then at 1900, she needs help because she can't finish. Of course, no one else is out there that late, because we are all getting eight or nine hours. Manager turns a blind eye to it, though. This has happened everyday the past two weeks.

Try this...

Have someone put a couple of packages out of her area on her truck without her knowing it. Nothing so far away that an 01 might be justified, but far enough to be a problem while being close enough that it has to be attempted. Repeat as needed. She wants stops that she shouldn't have? Give her stops she shouldn't have.

!Retired!

My dad worked 12 a day from as early as I can remember until he retired at 62. Mom worked 8 a day for most of her working life, with periods of heavy OT.

I've always preferred 10 a day most days as an hourly. Not enough to ruin most days but enough to make a nice difference on the paycheck.
My dad had 2 FT jobs (painter and chef) and mom worked FT in accounts receivable. They didn't need to work so much since they had a tenant paying their bills. But, now, in retirement, they net more than when they worked.
Dad = 2 pensions and SS, Mom = pension and SS

Southeast Hoss

That is the American Dream correct?

My dad had 2 FT jobs (painter and chef) and mom worked FT in accounts receivable. They didn't need to work so much since they had a tenant paying their bills. But, now, in retirement, they net more than when they worked.
Dad = 2 pensions and SS, Mom = pension and SS

BootsOnTarmac

Try this...

Have someone put a couple of packages out of her area on her truck without her knowing it. Nothing so far away that an 01 might be justified, but far enough to be a problem while being close enough that it has to be attempted. Repeat as needed. She wants stops that she shouldn't have? Give her stops she shouldn't have.

Why would you set someone up to fail beyond what they fail at already? What kind of a person are you to suggest this covert attempt?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

So?