Ebola and your DIAD

bbsam

Staff member
In my years as a driver, I've has some questionable people grab it and sign. People that looked like they haven't showered in months, were about to die or just plain looked gross.

Now that a case has been confirmed in the US, I fear we may help to spread the infection in the near future. Am I being paranoid?
Everybody dies.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
They haven't disclosed his citizenship, so how do you know he's an American? Yes, he would've had to come in contact with someone who was infected.......sneezing on someone happens every day, everywhere......Exchanging bodily fluids does not just mean sex
I thought I saw he was an American but I guess not. He's actually a Liberian national on his first trip to the U.S.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You can't realistically wipe the diad after every time someone touches it, especially if you're in a no release area.

Why can't you? A canister of 40 (generic brand) wipes cost $1 at Dollar Tree. Chump change to a driver making north of $33/hour, if he's worried about the transmission of germs through the DIAD.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If you get a package for a customer named Eric Duncan going to the 4th floor of the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, I'd try and get the security guard downstairs to sign for it. Or if there was ever a situation made for DR, this would be it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you get a package for a customer named Eric Duncan going to the 4th floor of the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, I'd try and get the security guard downstairs to sign for it. Or if there was ever a situation made for DR, this would be it.

All deliveries for an institution of this size would most certainly go to a central receiving.