Ebola and your DIAD

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ebola Haemorrhagic Fever, there is so much more info coming out about this. I of course fear the worst, because thats usually what we get. Byt the time we get the rest of the story, it will be epidemic.

Packmule

In my years as a driver, I've has some questionable people grab it and sign. People that looked like they haven't showered in months, were about to die or just plain looked gross.

Now that a case has been confirmed in the US, I fear we may help to spread the infection in the near future. Am I being paranoid?
No, you are not being paranoid. All it takes is a snotty hand and the virus will transfer. Jokesters on here will have their fun, but you have raised a very serious concern. We may be a while off from realizing how dangerous this is, but it's coming.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Third-American-Ebola-Patient.jpg

Pkgcar1988

All deliveries for an institution of this size would most certainly go to a central receiving.
I deliver to a pretty good sized hospital on my area and some of the stuff goes to central receiving and the rest, usually between 8-10 stops and 10-30 pkgs, go on a cart and are delivered by yours truely thoughout the hospital to the various doctors offices within the hospital.

cooperjake

I've let many people have the pkg that normally require a signature purely based on their hygiene...plus I keep a Costco sized bottle of hand sanitizer in the truck plus many extra stylus'...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver to a pretty good sized hospital on my area and some of the stuff goes to central receiving and the rest, usually between 8-10 stops and 10-30 pkgs, go on a cart and are delivered by yours truely thoughout the hospital to the various doctors offices within the hospital.

Our local hospital also has a medical office complex on property. Everything for the hospital goes to central receiving while I deliver to the medical office complex.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The chances of a U.S. epidemic are “incredibly low,” he said. (I hope he's right)

per: Josh Earnest

I don't trust anyone named Josh or that he's earnest........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you rarely leave your lily-white gated community and never interact with the lowly maintenance and landscaping people I'm sure you will be just fine.

To the rest of us-----overreacting is the worst thing that you can do. Take the proper precautions and use care in whom you choose to interact with. If your job involves contact with other people, make sure to properly sanitize, especially if the person with whom you made contact appears to be showing symptoms, which is the only time there would be the potential for infection.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since you rarely leave your lily-white gated community and never interact with the lowly maintenance and landscaping people I'm sure you will be just fine.

To the rest of us-----overreacting is the worst thing that you can do. Take the proper precautions and use care in whom you choose to interact with. If your job involves contact with other people, make sure to properly sanitize, especially if the person with whom you made contact appears to be showing symptoms, which is the only time there would be the potential for infection.

"To the rest of us..." you're a group spokesperson now ?
I leave my neighborhood every day.
You are the one calling maintenance people "lowly".....elitist!