Egos

Holydriver

These would be the same drivers who have write ups that say, "Clean inside of windshield." Just for :censored2:s and giggles I look at the windshield and see what looks like some kind of drink that got on the windshield. Maybe the lid fell off the drink or maybe a can of pop exploded when he opened it, I dont know. What makes him think Im responsible to clean up his mess? You are a driver, clean your windshield. I just throw those write ups away. And if he cries to management, (which he will, because the arrogant ones always do) I just say, "I didnt see any write up."
Fired. Dishonesty

Holydriver

I'm a PT on belt Sup for a particular pre-load on a small sort , I'm a student and love the company and consider myself a team player and will do anything to make sure things run smoothly , I treat everyone with all the respect the deserve hence they are our greatest asset, but one thing that puzzles me is how there is a decent number of drivers that have this ego that they are better than everyone else , have awful attitudes and give no respect to lower management and also other workers such as the hourly during the preload. Id love to hear opinions on these employees that have these egos , from the drivers that uphold the companies goodwill and contribute to its great reputation , and also for those of you that feel the need to be arrogant and id love to hear how you can justify on how such a bizarre behavior is nessecary in the work place.

You'd understand if you went out day to day and had to waste time digging for packages that are loaded in the wrong shelves, or had to consistently run misroutes in your truck, or like another guy mentioned you find airs and stuff just sitting on the 8000 section. I dont yell at anyone about it because it wouldn't fix the issue but I can understand the guys anger.
I once told a preload sup about issues with my truck being loaded poorly. I had to tell him 3 more times 3 days in a row before I finally went over his head because he wouldn't fix it. Most drivers aren't showing up at working just looking to chew someone out. They simply reach a breaking point and that's how they try and fix the issue. I mean, if your entire work day depended on the quality of work of the guy loading your truck you would understand real quick

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Lazy management scum?
No. It's a two way street. If you want to tell me to go friend myself that's fine. But you're either getting terminated or, if you do get your job back, receiving little help. I will bend over backwards for anybody that wants to work with me. I'm not going to help some a hole who thinks saying that kind of thing in the workplace is acceptable.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My sups try to say the same thing: except nothing changes after the disscussion they just try to ignore the problem hoping the driver fixes it and then suddenly when work gets rolled its a huge deal (because the dm chewed them out not because they actually listen to the driver or consider what they said) they try to play this always keep everyone positive game well that doesnt work when you cram 300 stops on a route that needs 134 max
reactive , not proactive.......always has , always will.

T

Turdferguson

No. It's a two way street. If you want to tell me to go friend myself that's fine. But you're either getting terminated or, if you do get your job back, receiving little help. I will bend over backwards for anybody that wants to work with me. I'm not going to help some :censored2: who thinks saying that kind of thing in the workplace is acceptable.
giphy.gif

L

Little Brownie Girl

Boys Boys Boys - Let me soothe you over!

"Why I Have A Crush On You, UPS Man" by Alice N. Persons, from Don't Be A Stranger. © Sheltering Pines Press, 2007. Reprinted with permission.

Why I Have A Crush On You, UPS Man

you bring me all the things I order
are never in a bad mood
always have a jaunty wave as you drive away
look good in your brown shorts
we have an ideal uncomplicated relationship
you're like a cute boyfriend with great legs
who always brings the perfect present
(why, it's just what I've always wanted!)
and then is considerate enough to go away
oh, UPS Man, let's hop in your clean brown truck and elope !
ditch your job, I'll ditch mine
let's hit the road for Brownsville
and tempt each other
with all the luscious brown foods —
roast beef, dark chocolate,
brownies, Guinness, homemade pumpernickel, molasses cookies
I'll make you my mama's bourbon pecan pie
we'll give all the packages to kind looking strangers
live in a cozy wood cabin
with a brown dog or two
and a black and brown tabby
I'm serious, UPS Man. Let's do it.
Where do I sign?

9.5 everyday

Unlike your job where there are not millions that can easily replace you because no one wants your job. That's why they have to ask guys with approximately 30 days with the company if they want to be pt sups.
Great point. Our center has 2 new sups with combined drive time of 7 months. One of which dropped 4 or 5 routes in 6 months. The other got his 30 days and went into management. It should make for an interesting year.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
These would be the same drivers who have write ups that say, "Clean inside of windshield." Just for :censored2:s and giggles I look at the windshield and see what looks like some kind of drink that got on the windshield. Maybe the lid fell off the drink or maybe a can of pop exploded when he opened it, I dont know. What makes him think Im responsible to clean up his mess? You are a driver, clean your windshield. I just throw those write ups away. And if he cries to management, (which he will, because the arrogant ones always do) I just say, "I didnt see any write up."
Noted. Vehicle OK to operate. I tell them all the time carwash isn't doing the insides, so you're on your own.

9.5 everyday

I'm a PT on belt Sup for a particular pre-load on a small sort , I'm a student and love the company and consider myself a team player and will do anything to make sure things run smoothly , I treat everyone with all the respect the deserve hence they are our greatest asset, but one thing that puzzles me is how there is a decent number of drivers that have this ego that they are better than everyone else , have awful attitudes and give no respect to lower management and also other workers such as the hourly during the preload. Id love to hear opinions on these employees that have these egos , from the drivers that uphold the companies goodwill and contribute to its great reputation , and also for those of you that feel the need to be arrogant and id love to hear how you can justify on how such a bizarre behavior is nessecary in the work place.
Here's a great example of why loaders suck. Our start times have been pushed back and pushed back again because preload can't close out. We start at 9:00 now which is ridiculous and getting your airs off now can be tricky. Today, the irreg hole is filled with boxes, one guy loading 6 trucks, the slides a mess. I walk to my truck and look at all the irregs and see a guy that recently disqualified from driving, standing there playing on his phone. He sees me, and puts his phone away and pretends like he's looking for the loader. I said he's loading the trucks and probably needs help. 10 minutes later he's doing the same thing. He hasn't touched a package. After the pcm, we get to the trucks and they aren't closed out. There are many other people in my building that do the same. So they are still not closing out. And you know who that effects? The drivers, and only the drivers. And that pisses me off.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Noted. Vehicle OK to operate. I tell them all the time carwash isn't doing the insides, so you're on your own.
I had a small Windex bottle and paper towels in my PC along with other cleaning tools.
I usually would sweep/blow my car out at customer locations (it was mostly small towns).

Note: No one in Corporate came around and cleaned our PC screens either.
Somethings comes down to personal hygiene and cleanliness.
Most of the drivers with dirty PCs had dirty teeth and hair too ... just goes with the territory.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
to an outsider that write-up on cleaning the inside of windshield is unbelievable but i know it's true. you guys could write a book about some of the unbelievable write-ups you get.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Boys Boys Boys - Let me soothe you over!

"Why I Have A Crush On You, UPS Man" by Alice N. Persons, from Don't Be A Stranger. [emoji767] Sheltering Pines Press, 2007. Reprinted with permission.

Why I Have A Crush On You, UPS Man

you bring me all the things I order
are never in a bad mood
always have a jaunty wave as you drive away
look good in your brown shorts
we have an ideal uncomplicated relationship
you're like a cute boyfriend with great legs
who always brings the perfect present
(why, it's just what I've always wanted!)
and then is considerate enough to go away
oh, UPS Man, let's hop in your clean brown truck and elope !
ditch your job, I'll ditch mine
let's hit the road for Brownsville
and tempt each other
with all the luscious brown foods —
roast beef, dark chocolate,
brownies, Guinness, homemade pumpernickel, molasses cookies
I'll make you my mama's bourbon pecan pie
we'll give all the packages to kind looking strangers
live in a cozy wood cabin
with a brown dog or two
and a black and brown tabby
I'm serious, UPS Man. Let's do it.
Where do I sign?
What's up girl

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Well at my sort I know im not in charge of dispatching or have any part in determining how much work a driver has to work with , that's upper mgmt at my building, im in charge of making sure the belt stays moving , looking for service and saftey issues. If at your sort your PT sups are responsible for that kind of stuff and don't fix it after you bring it to their attention then yes that's their fault and they have it coming , I understand drivers obviously have a voice when trying to fix something in their work environment. Im saying a particular driver (younger man) at my building just has a bad attitude and does it for his own enjoyment and im sure he's not the only one in the company.
Exactly, in charge of keeping the belt moving, and only caring about keeping the belt moving while just chucking the packages in our trucks with out caring about how it's going to affect our day..maybe that's why. As long as the packages are in the truck and the belts clean your happy to go home while us drivers are out an extra hour because of your only care- keeping the belt clean.