Egos

Re-Raise

I'm a PT on belt Sup for a particular pre-load on a small sort , I'm a student and love the company and consider myself a team player and will do anything to make sure things run smoothly , I treat everyone with all the respect the deserve hence they are our greatest asset, but one thing that puzzles me is how there is a decent number of drivers that have this ego that they are better than everyone else , have awful attitudes and give no respect to lower management and also other workers such as the hourly during the preload. Id love to hear opinions on these employees that have these egos , from the drivers that uphold the companies goodwill and contribute to its great reputation , and also for those of you that feel the need to be arrogant and id love to hear how you can justify on how such a bizarre behavior is nessecary in the work place.

Maybe you have an inferiority complex or something?

People who deserve respect usually get treated with respect in my experience, regardless of what job they are doing.

Other people constantly feel they are being slighted, and any problems they have must be someone else's fault.

Just do your job.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

My wife asked one day if I knew so n so. Apparently a girl she works with started dating a guy who works at UPS and is in management. Found out who he was, turns out he was a belt sup. playing it off to her friend that he's a big shot manager at UPS making the big bucks. Who's got the ego?

watdaflock?

I treat everyone with all the respect the deserve hence they are our greatest asset, but one thing that puzzles me is how there is a decent number of drivers that have this ego that they are better than everyone else , have awful attitudes and give no respect to lower management and also other workers such as the hourly during the preload.
Because many drivers are extremely overpaid and if not for the Union, they'd be unemployed and/or in prison.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife asked one day if I knew so n so. Apparently a girl she works with started dating a guy who works at UPS and is in management. Found out who he was, turns out he was a belt sup. playing it off to her friend that he's a big shot manager at UPS making the big bucks. Who's got the ego?

In 30 years I never had any customer or stranger come up to me and say "my (insert relationship here) is a part time sup or a full time sup or even a center manager at UPS". They ALWAYS said "my -------- is a big shot at UPS. At first I thought "just how many friggin big shots does UPS have"?

Bottom rung

Greater interest in respecting the vehicle would help things stay clean.
Greater respect towards the employees would also help things stay clean.
Because many drivers are extremely overpaid and if not for the Union, they'd be unemployed and/or in prison.
What's your problem?
In 30 years I never had any customer or stranger come up to me and say "my (insert relationship here) is a part time sup or a full time sup or even a center manager at UPS". They ALWAYS said "my -------- is a big shot at UPS. At first I thought "just how many friggin big shots does UPS have"?
I had a kid walking down the street tell me his dad was my boss. I asked who, he told me. I told the kid who was with all his friends that I've never heard of him, are you sure he isn't the new guy loading my truck? That started our wonderful relationship.

watdaflock?

Didn't your Mother tell you jealousy will get you no where?
Nope but your mom did.

there is a decent number of drivers that have this ego that they are better than everyone else , have awful attitudes and give no respect to lower management and also other workers such as the hourly during the preload.

^ I'd say at least half of the drivers at my small hub have inflated ego's.

watdaflock?

I had a kid walking down the street tell me his dad was my boss. I asked who, he told me. I told the kid who was with all his friends that I've never heard of him, are you sure he isn't the new guy loading my truck? That started our wonderful relationship.
You start a lot of relationships with kids that way?

watdaflock?

If you were a driver and being paid $34/hour and have less family time than the rest of your friends and family who work jobs with normal hours, would you tell everyone you were overpaid?
What is your point? How much does your friends and family, who work jobs with normal hours make an hour, or are they salary?
Your friends and family have zero to do with the fact that many UPS drivers are a bit egotistical and overpaid.