tourists24

Have had mine now two weeks. Absolutely terrible experience so far. Any other BC folks on here got em yet? What ya think? I'm ready for my old truck back

tourists24

Electric package car? What size? What's the range?

You in California or something?
P1000.... in NC..... range for my route not good.... I really think these things are designed for city routes. It seems to me like if you go over 40 miles they are no use

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Had them here for over a year. They plug up in building at night and have an onboard generator if needed. They are only used for mix usage areas where retail and homes are in a single area.

tourists24

Had them here for over a year. They plug up in building at night and have an onboard generator if needed. They are only used for mix usage areas where retail and homes are in a single area.
Do the drivers like them? It's assigned to me full time. I'm learning a lot about them so far and not liking my experience so far

JL 0513

P1000.... in NC..... range for my route not good.... I really think these things are designed for city routes. It seems to me like if you go over 40 miles they are no use

Why the hell are they using electrics in NC? I'm in MA, and we're no where near getting electrics. Hopefully we don't, they're pretty bad for the environment. They like to ignore what it takes to manufacture massive batteries and then what it takes to charge them. "Zero emission" LOL!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Miles traveled. If the batteries are highly charged, the mph seem to be pretty good on the highway. Although Im not even sure if they are designed to be on the interstate or not?
Do they last all shift or do you have to charge up on long days? We would never get them here as there is no route that is less than 40 miles.

tourists24

Do they last all shift or do you have to charge up on long days? We would never get them here as there is no route that is less than 40 miles.
From what I can tell if you have them on a compact business route in a city environment close to a center then it "could" be feasible to work out ok. But in my case on my route I never make it all shift. I end up having to sit at the end of the day for about 45 minutes or an hour with the engine off just to let the generator charge the batteries enough just to simply make the return trip to the building.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
From what I can tell if you have them on a compact business route in a city environment close to a center then it "could" be feasible to work out ok. But in my case on my route I never make it all shift. I end up having to sit at the end of the day for about 45 minutes or an hour with the engine off just to let the generator charge the batteries enough just to simply make the return trip to the building.

That sounds like a waste of time and money so right on par for UPS. They sound perfect for large kighrise or mall routes where you just drive to area and park it all day. I feel for you.

over9five

Staff member
..... I end up having to sit at the end of the day for about 45 minutes or an hour with the engine off just to let the generator charge the batteries enough just to simply make the return trip to the building.

I like this part!
Do you have to code that off?