Electric vehicle..... On topic

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by tourists24, Dec 6, 2017.

1. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Have had mine now two weeks. Absolutely terrible experience so far. Any other BC folks on here got em yet? What ya think? I'm ready for my old truck back

2. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Electric package car? What size? What's the range?

You in California or something?

3. tourists24

P1000.... in NC..... range for my route not good.... I really think these things are designed for city routes. It seems to me like if you go over 40 miles they are no use

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Had them here for over a year. They plug up in building at night and have an onboard generator if needed. They are only used for mix usage areas where retail and homes are in a single area.

5. tourists24

Do the drivers like them? It's assigned to me full time. I'm learning a lot about them so far and not liking my experience so far

6. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Why the hell are they using electrics in NC? I'm in MA, and we're no where near getting electrics. Hopefully we don't, they're pretty bad for the environment. They like to ignore what it takes to manufacture massive batteries and then what it takes to charge them. "Zero emission" LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No, they are in shop 50/50, then they have to use the hydraulic hybrids.

8. tourists24

Yep.... mine has been towed more than once already and has broken down several times.... tons of glitches

9. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

40 MPH or miles traveled? Do they die or something?

10. tourists24

Miles traveled. If the batteries are highly charged, the mph seem to be pretty good on the highway. Although Im not even sure if they are designed to be on the interstate or not?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. scooby0048

Do they last all shift or do you have to charge up on long days? We would never get them here as there is no route that is less than 40 miles.

12. tourists24

From what I can tell if you have them on a compact business route in a city environment close to a center then it "could" be feasible to work out ok. But in my case on my route I never make it all shift. I end up having to sit at the end of the day for about 45 minutes or an hour with the engine off just to let the generator charge the batteries enough just to simply make the return trip to the building.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • List
  13. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Make sure to blow your horn at all times to alert those around you since those electric cars are so quiet.

14. tourists24

lol.... they are extremely quiet. You can't hear them when you turn them on. They sound like a golf cart when you are in motion

15. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

pretty sure they're only meant for low mileage city routes right now

dunno why they'd send any to rural NC....

16. tourists24

me either.... but we have several now at my center. And my route is ground zero lol.... AT PEAK

17. scooby0048

That sounds like a waste of time and money so right on par for UPS. They sound perfect for large kighrise or mall routes where you just drive to area and park it all day. I feel for you.

18. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I like this part!
    Do you have to code that off?

19. tourists24

Meal time takes place during the day. No instructions given as to how to code it yet. We’re just trying to survive peak from day to day at this point

20. Nike

Nike Member

But can you plug your stuff in, you know like charging your phone for example?