Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol. Believe me there are so many things to write up before it gets to heater issue. But I do worry about the windshield if it gets fogged up.
Understand UPS. Anytime you write "in case of accident", others involved have the target on them. Watch the truck get pulled.

tourists24

Is that the workhorse E-Gen? What's caused the breakdowns?
Yep, workhorse. The majority of breakdowns were caused when I couldn't get the truck out of park position on the transmission. After a few days I was taught how to troubleshoot this issue. Not sure what the issue is but the reboot works most of the time ( although once took 20 minutes to reboot the system). I've also had the brakes go completely out. Had to be towed on that one. Was told it was battery related. Another time a transmission warning came on and nothing fixed that. Towed again. The worst part of it all is I simply dont have enough battery to run my route.

It will be fine

Yep, workhorse. The majority of breakdowns were caused when I couldn't get the truck out of park position on the transmission. After a few days I was taught how to troubleshoot this issue. Not sure what the issue is but the reboot works most of the time ( although once took 20 minutes to reboot the system). I've also had the brakes go completely out. Had to be towed on that one. Was told it was battery related. Another time a transmission warning came on and nothing fixed that. Towed again. The worst part of it all is I simply dont have enough battery to run my route.
That's all within a few weeks? Most of my routes are only 50-60 miles total so they should be within the advertised range. I would think they'd be less mechanically complex than a diesel, might have to wait a couple generations before the kinks get worked out.

tourists24

That's all within a few weeks? Most of my routes are only 50-60 miles total so they should be within the advertised range. I would think they'd be less mechanically complex than a diesel, might have to wait a couple generations before the kinks get worked out.
Less than a few weeks.... try two weeks.... my route only averages 50 miles. I did go 65 miles one day, but it was a disaster to my battery. The 50 to 60 mile advertisement just isn't accurate.
Now this is just my opinion and assessment so far. These trucks are designed for routes of around 20 to 40 miles. They need to be dispatched as close to centers as possible. Stay off of interstates. Stay away from steep hills (I have both). City routes and mall routes or heavy shopping plaza areas are perfect. Load em up all ya want. The pickup power is good until battery gets to around 20 percent.

It will be fine

Less than a few weeks.... try two weeks.... my route only averages 50 miles. I did go 65 miles one day, but it was a disaster to my battery. The 50 to 60 mile advertisement just isn't accurate.
Now this is just my opinion and assessment so far. These trucks are designed for routes of around 20 to 40 miles. They need to be dispatched as close to centers as possible. Stay off of interstates. Stay away from steep hills (I have both). City routes and mall routes or heavy shopping plaza areas are perfect. Load em up all ya want. The pickup power is good until battery gets to around 20 percent.
Can you turn on the generator at long stops? Like if you have a stop that always takes 10 mins to open the door can you flip it on quickly and get some charge or is it not worth it? Can the generator run while you drive to extend range? I wonder how much they cost to buy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Can you turn on the generator at long stops? Like if you have a stop that always takes 10 mins to open the door can you flip it on quickly and get some charge or is it not worth it? Can the generator run while you drive to extend range? I wonder how much they cost to buy.

At this point they are a novelty

Nothing more than PR to make UPS look like they “care” about the environment

It will be fine

At this point they are a novelty

Nothing more than PR to make UPS look like they “care” about the environment
It's about the bottom line. If they can work out the kinks and get anything close to the lifetime savings workhorse is adverstising they can save billions over the lifetime of a fleet. I run a small fleet and am very curious about how they operate and what their shortcomings are.

tourists24

the generator only kicks on when the "engine" is off and the battery capacity is below 60 percent. The lower your battery percentage, the better it is to to leave it on to get it back to 60 percent

tourists24

It's about the bottom line. If they can work out the kinks and get anything close to the lifetime savings workhorse is adverstising they can save billions over the lifetime of a fleet. I run a small fleet and am very curious about how they operate and what their shortcomings are.
PM me