JL 0513

Yup, if the truck needs charging during the shift, this is now UPS' problem. Code it as a break down.

Pathetic that it can't make it through a shift. If it can't do 150 miles or 14 hours, it shouldn't exist for our purposes (more miles in some areas).

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yup, if the truck needs charging during the shift, this is now UPS' problem. Code it as a break down.

Pathetic that it can't make it through a shift. If it can't do 150 miles or 14 hours, it shouldn't exist for our purposes (more miles in some areas).
I will code the memo as driver error.

JL 0513

And people wonder why electric cars don't sell.

Let me know when one can be fully charged in under 3 minutes with a range of 400 miles and I'll consider one.

tourists24

Why not?

You are sitting there for 45-60 minutes-----may as well plug in the pkg car and get it charged back up.
I take my lunch during the day. I may not even mind waiting a lil longer to make that lunch coincide with the truck charging but we are talking about end of the day. And being peak that end of day can be 9 or 10 oclock. Sorry but Im not saving my lunch because my battery needs a charge just to make it back to the building

tourists24

But can you plug your stuff in, you know like charging your phone for example?
On road the batteries get their charge from a generator that kicks on when you turn the vehicle off. The generator runs off of gas. At night when returning to the center you plug in to a charging unit until you leave the next morning. There is no actual engine

Dhydratd

UPS's forage into "going green" is just like their approach to safety. It's all for show! These trucks have huge lettering on the sides that say "Hybrid Electric Vehicle".
They don't have to perform well, they just need to look good.
Meanwhile, they are forcing drivers to work 70 hour weeks.