Electronic Votes: How will they be overseen?

Moneythehardway

Quick question, just curious what measures will be in place to ensure an honest vote count come October 5th?

Anyone know the process and who has and oversees the database of all the current votes?

That will be good information to reassure the membership for an honest voting count.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That is a legitimate concern. Of course, the teamsters have such a high level of integrity, that they would *never* resort to tactics that would favor their agenda.

vvv

Quick question, just curious what measures will be in place to ensure an honest vote count come October 5th?

Anyone know the process and who has and oversees the database of all the current votes?

That will be good information to reassure the membership for an honest voting count.

Law firm hired by Hoffa is the overseer. Look them up under Dewey, Cheatam, & Howe. Come with solid credentials and trust.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Don't worry.... the nitwits from TDU will be there as observers.

They have observers at every IBT vote count.

Did you read the instructions that came with your ballot ?

BallotPoint Election Services.

Just as I predicted....

The closer we get to the vote count, the more posts we will see here on BrownCafe.

The loony tunes over on FaceBook will even be funnier.

It will be;

Hoffa and Taylor rigged the election.

I never got a ballot. (and didn't bother to call and ask for a replacement)

We need to file a class action lawsuit and have Hoffa fired.

How much did UPS pay Taylor ?

North Carolina didn't get their ballots and should be given another year....

The stupidity will ensue.

-Bug-

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Just as I predicted....

The closer we get to the vote count, the more posts we will see here on BrownCafe.

It will be;

-Bug-
I have yet to receive a ballot yet despite two phone calls to my local and an initial conversation with Stewey.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
People in North Carolina can call Local 391 and they will send them a text with voting

instructions and a validation number so they can vote.
Supposedly I was getting a text in the next 48 hours. That’s been official 51 hours now. I’ll get it straightened out, but I always have to call, despite giving my correct address for the past six years. Had to call for strike authorization vote ballot, and all three supplemental votes last contract.

born2Bwild

Supposedly I was getting a text in the next 48 hours. That’s been official 51 hours now. I’ll get it straightened out, but I always have to call, despite giving my correct address for the past six years. Had to call for strike authorization vote ballot, and all three supplemental votes last contract.
Maybe they sensed you were going to vote no and are not sending it. You should have told them I’m a yes voter and you would’ve gotten it right away

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

It was reading a post on FaceBook, where a driver was complaining about not getting one.

He has been out on workers comp.... and is not current on his dues.

Says he should be able to vote, because this affects him also.

Pfft.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I highly doubt a independent company is going to risk their reputation on a Teamsters contract.

The Teamsters have used them before, with no sort of ethical questions.

But hey believe the conspiracy theories all you want.

Once people think about it;

If they were going to manipulate the vote, it would be in favor of "vote no".

That way.... they get paid again, to run another vote count.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
231994A6-4CE4-41CF-BE45-B2173B2D874F.gif

Barney’s got this

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Just as I predicted....

It will be;

-Bug-
I agree with all of that BUG but what is the antithesis? Are we all going to strike and ultimately die. One side or the other, there will always be extremism.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I agree with all of that BUG but what is the antithesis? Are we all going to strike and ultimately die. One side or the other, there will always be extremism.

That's a pretty deep question for a Sunday.

:biggrin:

We should all just relax.. watch the results of the vote.. and go from there.

It is bizarre.... that outside, non-teamsters, feel they have a right to an opinion.

I feel they are trying to take advantage of (low information) voters.

There has to be a monetary incentive. (think TDU)

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I agree, the union should just relax... Watch the results of the vote... and go from there.

Instead they spend god knows how much on a non stop vote Yes campaign. Shameful.

77% of the members, didn't even bother to vote on strike authorization.

That's not much.... to take to the table in negotiations.

The IBT put on a good face, with that embarrassing number.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That's a pretty deep question for a Sunday.

:biggrin:

We should all just relax.. watch the results of the vote.. and go from there.

It is bizarre.... that outside, non-teamsters, feel they have a right to an opinion.

I feel they are trying to take advantage of (low information) voters.

There has to be a monetary incentive. (think TDU)

-Bug-
Approved or denied, I’m gonna be glad once the 5th comes. Kinda getting sick of the contract talk.

brostalss

Being electronic, I'm glad we don't have to worry about any hanging chads. You know how those voters in Florida can be. :raspberry-tounge: