Presidential debates!! 2012

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well that's what I meant. He has to go to the polls knowing his vote won't count, hence "poor" Ovah.

But the state and local elections do matter.
I will vote for neither Romney nor Obama but will key in on my Congressman and some options on the ballot.

The worst thing is that the Presidential choice matters so much when it should have little interest to the individual citizen.

moreluck

golden ticket member
......."Pretty telling stuff when the president calls you an idiot on live tv......." (TOS)

Pretty petty stuff wth the prez. calling people school ground names....he's no class act !!!

island1fox

AHHH, the race card finally shows its head. Colin Powell said this morning the he is a republican. You said he changed parties because he is black.

What size t shirt shall i order you??

wpid-C05B61D32222FED76FB66E51698012h231w308m4cqOGmTPJv.jpg

Peace

TOS

Of course over 95% of Blacks voting for Obama cannot possibly be racist !!

island1fox

Wow !!!!

With days left before the election--Obama is now passing out "BINDERS" with no specifics just same old , same old --Tax and Spend.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
She said it much better than I did:

Romney's goal for the debate was for voters to be able to answer the following questions in the affirmative when the debate was done.
1) Can I see Romney as commander in chief?

2) Is he knowledgeable and credible regarding foreign policy?

3) Do I trust him to make the right decisions about sending our men and women into battle?

The answer to all three questions was yes.

And this applies to the totality of the three debates IMO.

You actually agree with this? After what you have seen of Romney over the last 6 years that he has been running for President?

Okay, sport.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Not my choice but as an alternative to Obama ... he's OK.

So a guy who will say whatever it takes to get elected, depending on who he is speaking to, has no idea of foreign policy, and has never had a family member serve, and dodged the draft himself (while demonstrating in FAVOR of the Vietnam War), rather than a person who actually has made progress in turning America around, in spite of an opposition party that would destroy the country rather than let him succeed, and who garners respect worldwide is your preference?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So a guy who will say whatever it takes to get elected, depending on who he is speaking to, has no idea of foreign policy, and has never had a family member serve, and dodged the draft himself (while demonstrating in FAVOR of the Vietnam War), rather than a person who actually has made progress in turning America around, in spite of an opposition party that would destroy the country rather than let him succeed, and who garners respect worldwide is your preference?

No, I do not want Obama.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
AHHH, the race card finally shows its head. Colin Powell said this morning the he is a republican. You said he changed parties because he is black.

What size t shirt shall i order you??

wpid-C05B61D32222FED76FB66E51698012h231w308m4cqOGmTPJv.jpg

Peace

TOS

Of course over 95% of Blacks voting for Obama cannot possibly be racist !!

Yeah if 95% of the other races voted Romney there would be riots every where

UPS Lifer

Lifer, why not put the government's money where they need it, namely the cheaper to build drones? Leave the fighter jets to private money and research where they aren't constrained by deadlines and such.

We actually agree. My point about jets was the same as yours. Technology and the people who develop it always move forward. The world doesn't need the Osprey or the F22 or the F35. We don't need the million man armies to occupy Europe or Asia. Those are the fighting mechanisms of the past and we aren't going back. We are moving forward. (And yes, I used forward on purpose. Clever,no?)

I won't go so far as to profess what I think the best weapon technology we should employ. The military is the best at making those decisions AND should be looking 10 to 20 years out. I agree with the million man armies though. If we are going to have troops stationed, we only need enough to deter aggression until help arrives. If nothing else, bring these folks home and have them help with construction projects and policing the borders. Then, as some of us feel, we can start real immigration reform which does not include massive deportation. Maybe we should have government jobs where armed forces also rebuild our highways and bridges working directly for private contractors and being paid by the contractor. In case of war, they are available and can be deployed.

I guess my point is that drone technology is great and where ever we can use it we should. BUT, eventually someone will develop a counter to that weapon that will be effective enough to neutralize the drone. We need to be the one who is coming up with those technologies and what ever the next best thing is, once the drone has reached it's effective life span or has been neutralized.

Militarily, we have to have back up weaponry to take over if we are blindsided by the ability of an enemy to neutralize our most effective weapons.

I also believe that there is a lot of money sitting on the floor in defense spending. We can do a better job at being more efficient with spending. I do believe that we need to be looking to the future and adjusting our military budget to take that into consideration.

I will give you the "forward" quote also. It was a clever way to get it into the discussion!

Buddybrown

YOU wish. But heck, who am i to take your dream away from you. Ill wait for nov 6th to take it away from you. Peace TOS
You won't be taking anything away from anyone. In fact I'd be willing to bet the you have, with your charming personality and all,---driven a few that were on the fence towards Romney...Imagine that...
No, I do not want Obama.
Yeah if 95% of the other races voted Romney there would be riots everywhere
---Their side has already given several assassination threats against Romney if he wins...Also they're promising riots----It's as if we're already living in a 3 world country before Obama puts us there...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Y ---Their side has already given several assassination threats against Romney if he wins...Also they're promising riots----It's as if we're already living in a 3 world country before Obama puts us there...
Do what now? Assassinations and riots you say?