Presidential debates!! 2012

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ok the worst thing I heard Obama say in any debate was in this last one. "The United States is the only indispensable country in the world". The second we begin to think this way as a country is the second it all goes downhill very quickly.
What makes you say that?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok the worst thing I heard Obama say in any debate was in this last one. "The United States is the only indispensable country in the world". The second we begin to think this way as a country is the second it all goes downhill very quickly.
What makes you say that?

All societies in history have failed right around the time they begin to feel comfortable at the top and quit striving for more. I love this country but If you feel we will be on top forever your sadly mistaken.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All societies in history have failed right around the time they begin to feel comfortable at the top and quit striving for more. I love this country but If you feel we will be on top forever your sadly mistaken.

Not that I disagree with what you're saying, but I'm not entirely sure that's what Obama was saying. I didn't watch the debate but that statement sounds to me like he was just pandering to the idea of "American Exceptionalism", which appears to be some sort of requirement these days for anyone running for national office.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Like I said early on, I thought the first debate was pretty even and so were 2 and 3.

It really is not important who won the debates but that Romney was perceived as credible by the Independent voters.

Obama's teams ( and the media) portrayal of Romney portrayed him as not credible and Romney's performance in all three debates discredited that portrayal.

That is what the Romney surge is all about - the American public got to see the real Romney rather than the contrived Romney painted by Obama and his media.

All a large number of people wanted was a credible alternative to Obama.

At least in Georgia, it is all done now except trying to get more Charter Schools in the State.
Dumb*** Tea Partiers are screwing this up here siding with the local school boards who are protecting their turf.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All the debates were aimed at the undecided voters .
So which one scored the most points ; the one who looked presidential or the other fellow who seemed to be just spitting out one liners ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All the debates were aimed at the undecided voters .
So which one scored the most points ; the one who looked presidential or the other fellow who seemed to be just spitting out one liners ?

Who won the debate and scored the most points is irrelevant ... all that matters is who picked up the most undecided voters.

I did not see anything in the debates from either candidate that would make someone change their mind.

Romney came out of the debates looking as credible as Obama was the big change.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Who won the debate and scored the most points is irrelevant ... all that matters is who picked up the most undecided voters.

I did not see anything in the debates from either candidate that would make someone change their mind.

Romney came out of the debates looking as credible as Obama was the big change.

She said it much better than I did:

Romney's goal for the debate was for voters to be able to answer the following questions in the affirmative when the debate was done.
1) Can I see Romney as commander in chief?

2) Is he knowledgeable and credible regarding foreign policy?

3) Do I trust him to make the right decisions about sending our men and women into battle?

The answer to all three questions was yes.

And this applies to the totality of the three debates IMO.

menotyou

bella amicizia
True. But the problem is, he could be picking two Supreme Court seats. I think the Religious Right has enough power in this country. I am not happy about the hop and change crap, either. I am so confused. :whiteflag:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Romney's goal for the debate was for voters to be able to answer the following questions in the affirmative when the debate was done.

3) Do I trust him to make the right decisions about sending our men and women into battle?

Yes HOAX, he showed how credible he was when he said SYRIA was IRAN's pathway to the sea. Thats what a good commander in chief says.

FAIL.

Peace

TOS

klein

Für Meno :)

Well, acording to Collin Powell, he did NOT !

He endorses Obama again, and said Romney's economic plan just doesn't add up mathematically, and on his foreign policy, he is to wishy-washy (flip-floppy).

over9five

Staff member
Well, acording to Collin Powell, he did NOT !

He endorses Obama again, and said Romney's economic plan just doesn't add up mathematically, and on his foreign policy, he is to wishy-washy (flip-floppy).
Colin Powell has no credibility. He changed party cuz the guy on the other side was the same color as him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes HOAX, he showed how credible he was when he said SYRIA was IRAN's pathway to the sea. Thats what a good commander in chief says.

FAIL.

Peace

TOS

What you or I think does not matter.
You are in CA and I am in GA ... these states are not in play.

Now tooner and texan are another story.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Colin Powell has no credibility. He changed party cuz the guy on the other side was the same color as him.

AHHH, the race card finally shows its head. Colin Powell said this morning the he is a republican. You said he changed parties because he is black.

What size t shirt shall i order you??

wpid-C05B61D32222FED76FB66E51698012h231w308m4cqOGmTPJv.jpg

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You said he showed what a good commander would be. Yet in the debate, he agreed with everything the president has already done and offered NOTHING different. NOT KNOWING where SYRIA was shows what a lack of understanding ROMNEY has.

Millions of americans heard him say that and anyone who says it doesnt matter, doesnt know foreign policy.

OBAMA slammed ROMNEY at the debate when he said "gov romney , you want to do the same things i have done,its just that you want to say them louder"

Pretty telling stuff when the president calls you an idiot on live tv

Peace

TOS

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Morning Joe was saying how brownmonster's​ state might be the decider.
Most of these states they talk about are actually just deciders for Romney because he has a narrower path to 270. Obama has a couple different ways to get there.

I thought Ovah was in Taxxachusetts ... that is a solid Obama state.
Well that's what I meant. He has to go to the polls knowing his vote won't count, hence "poor" Ovah.