Essential Personnel....

Heavy Package

1567305782936m-jpg.288820

She would be a 7 at my hub.

Johney

How about a trampoline? Ulta makeup boxes? Macys? Old Navy? Nordstrom? Petco? Wayfair? Grandin Road? NONE of that crap is essential.
No not essential, but it's people spending money which may help the economy down the road? Places like that are closed and not making money unless it's online.

Seymour Packages

Really? Our population isn't anything like Italy. Or our customs. Something like 75% of

older Italian men smoke in Italy. Nothing close to that here. Europe isn't anything like

the US. Has the rest of the world ended up like Italy?

Spain is a close second. And of course China, but I don't trust their numbers. They definitely had a higher mortality and infection rate than they reported.

But yes, I agree that Europe isn't like the U.S. at all. By percentage and by number, the U.S. has higher rates of obesity, diabetes, and other so called "underlying" health conditions. Mass transmission of Covid 19 would ravage the United States. This spread needs to be limited as much as possible so that our medical facilities, supply chains, and scientists can get ahead of this virus.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

Spain is a close second. And of course China, but I don't trust their numbers. They definitely had a higher mortality and infection rate than they reported.

But yes, I agree that the Europe isn't like the U.S. at all. By percentage and by number, the U.S. has higher rates of obesity, diabetes, and other so called "underlying" health conditions. Mass transmission of Covid 19 would ravage the United States. This spread needs to be limited as much as possible so that our medical facilities, supply chains, and scientists can get ahead of this virus.

Bless you. An intelligent, informed response. Thanks.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Is Michaels Craft store "essential"? Is Pajeet's corner store "Essential"? Is the smoke / vape / CBD store "essential"? What about JimBob's used tire center? The ghetto beauty stores with fake hair and nails with all products made in Wuhan China? All places open for business and dammit they want their packages and pick-ups!

The "lock down" is a joke. They talking heads are a joke. The stimulus checks are a joke and UPS takes your health and safety and hub cleanliness as the biggest joke of all. Is Bob here to run route 32A? No? He died or got the virus? Whatever, let Bill run it today.

Strip the crap off the routes, run essential medicine and supplies and be done with it for 30 days. Your smile* from wherever can wait.
Well put brother!

This is a time of crisis and people don't need to be ordering all this useless crap. People don't really need clothes, toys, furniture, make up, home improvement crap, etc right now. Half the crap they order they don't ever need to begin with. We are just a country full of consumers who are addicted to shopping, and most people strictly shop online because they are too lazy to even go to a store anymore. We should be delivering essential things ONLY right now to limit the risk of spreading this virus. After the dust settles then people can go back to their consumerism wagon where they can go on amazon and order a package of sidewalk chalk for their kid nda.

Whether this virus ends up being very serious or not, it doesn't change the fact that the people of this country are extremely ignorant and selfish. If it only takes 2 weeks of self isolation to basically kill this virus and stop the spread then people should just stay the :censored2: home for the good of EVERYONE. That isn't what's happening though, people are still going out because they only care about themselves and they could care less if they have the virus and spread it to someone who will come in contact with an 80 year old which ends up killing them.

Poop Head

Judge me.

But yes, I agree that Europe isn't like the U.S. at all. By percentage and by number, the U.S. has higher rates of obesity, diabetes, and other so called "underlying" health conditions. Mass transmission of Covid 19 would ravage the United States. This spread needs to be limited as much as possible so that our medical facilities, supply chains, and scientists can get ahead of this virus.
so youre saying we should lock down the country, crush small and medium sized buisinesses, tank the economy, so these wonderful people (alot of which are sucking the taxpayer teet) can keep living their lives and making great contributions to society?

quad decade guy

Well put brother!

This is a time of crisis and people don't need to be ordering all this useless crap. People don't really need clothes, toys, furniture, make up, home improvement crap, etc right now. Half the crap they order they don't ever need to begin with. We are just a country full of consumers who are addicted to shopping, and most people strictly shop online because they are too lazy to even go to a store anymore. We should be delivering essential things ONLY right now to limit the risk of spreading this virus. After the dust settles then people can go back to their consumerism wagon where they can go on amazon and order a package of sidewalk chalk for their kid nda.

Whether this virus ends up being very serious or not, it doesn't change the fact that the people of this country are extremely ignorant and selfish. If it only takes 2 weeks of self isolation to basically kill this virus and stop the spread then people should just stay the :censored2: home for the good of EVERYONE. That isn't what's happening though, people are still going out because they only care about themselves and they could care less if they have the virus and spread it to someone who will come in contact with an 80 year old which ends up killing them.

So, the consumer is to blame? How about delivery companies? They act like nothing

is happening. Nothing at all. They pick up and deliver. Shippers ship. We(UPS) ship

rubber dog crap and food and medicine. Do you really believe that somehow an

exact time frame of 2 weeks will fix everything? I believe if so, the govt. would

declare martial law and have the military enforce it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
so youre saying we should lock down the country, crush small and medium sized buisinesses, tank the economy, so these wonderful people (alot of which are sucking the taxpayer teet) can keep living their lives and making great contributions to society?
Everyone all the sudden realized that people die and they're having a mental breakdown.

Seymour Packages

No. The false dichotomy of crashing the economy (and effectively the world's economy) vs doing absolutely nothing to limit the spread is getting a bit old. How hard is it to take common sense measures to limit the spread of this virus? Seriously. Does it suck? Absolutely. Have people lost their livelihoods pretty much over night? Yes. If this continues, me and a few other guys at my center will be laid off. But it won't last forever. We are all in this together. Telework, online school for kids, avoiding large crowds/stadiums, staying away from nursing facilities, staying home as much as possible, all these measures work and hopefully will limit the infection/death rate here at home.