Ethics

susiedriver

Except that Libby is also charged with perjury, and how can you compare Martha Stewart's crime to Libby's? Martha actually lost money by selling her stock, Libby (allegedly) sold out national security.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I give up....I already went over this with ok2be and he understood my meanings.....you and I speak a different language.

was Martha's charge obstruction of justice (period)?
was Libby's charge obstruction of justice (period)?

I realize they both had additional other things they were charged with. I was only making comment ABOUT THE ONE CHARGE. This is like trying to reason with a 12 yr. old.......very frustrating! I quit.

susiedriver

Moreluck, I feel your pain. Talking to you is like trying to reason with a senile old lady. I have found that the ignore feature works well, you are now on it, I'm sure I won't miss anything. Now if I could only figure out how to keep your 'vanity' threads from showing up. Adios

moreluck

golden ticket member
now let me get this straight.....I can write anything I want about susie and she won't see it because I'm on her "ignore"............ALL RIGHT !!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I believe that the weapons of mass destruction was a phrase that was used in the clinton years when refering to Iraq. So we had bad intel, same intel that allowed 911. Youve got clinton blair and bush along with others claiming wmd. But you claim none were found. What about the chemical weapons that were used to kill hundreds of thousands of Kurds? We know he did use them. Dont they count?

You sing the same song over and over. And just like a radio station that plays just one song, its getting old.

d

susiedriver

For a fresh perspective on the ethics of our country's administration, tune in to The Newshour with Jim Lehrer tonight (Nov 2) on PBS and Hardball on MSNBC.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh great enlightened one, tell us what to think. For we are just too stupid to live life without your help.

d

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Sorry danny, I am claiming nothing.

The people on the ground are making that claim, no, actually they made that a statement, not a claim.

bush sent a major faction of our military might in the form of our young men and women over there to find it.

Many, many have died, thousands upon thousands more of them have been crippled for life, but none of them found weapons of mass destruction.

Professional teams of civilian and military investigators have been sent over and all came away with the same results, nada on weapons of mass destruction, the same conclusions, NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, NO EVIDENCE THAT THERE EVER WAS ANY REGARDING ANY AND ALL CLAIMS BY THE ADMINISTRATION.

Live with it.

The intel community made the best guesses they could, a lot of it biased by pressure of a president intent on invasion.

But they were guesses, not facts and the administration constantly presented them as facts.

Many democratic politicians supported the invasion on these "facts" presented to them.

I supported the invasion on these "facts".

We trusted this president and he lied to us.

I know you and the rest of the bush can do no wrong band club will try to confuse this with crap about how the information supplied by the intel community was wrong, etc. but at the level of the president it was all presented as their best estimates.

It was the president and his administration that presented all of it as facts and used it to falsely get the American people's support on this Iraq invasion and occupation.

I don't have a problem if you want to blindly defend bush and his administration for pressuring the intel community into finding shadows that didn't exist and spinning that intel solely to allow him to do what he intended to do at any cost, for any reason which was to take his daddy's nemesis out, but don't try to muddy the waters with some weak pathetic mustard gas history fact used and destroyed decades ago as some sort of justification.

How weak.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Spin spin spin. Then why did Clinton bomb? Was it that he wanted to destroy an asprin factory? And why did he not take out binladin. Because there was not enough evidence?

HEll just go on believing that everything wrong in this country is because of Bush. Perfect he is not, but better than what was offered by you democrats.

As for blindly beleiving in something, I believe you just described you and susie.

d

ok2bclever

I Re Member
danny, your spelling (and reasoning) goes downhill when you get emotional, so calm down.

The fact that you cannot face the simple truth regarding the WMD issue shows who has political blindness.

Everyone, everything that you don't agree with you blame on politics.

Sorry, you are just plain wrong.

I am not a democrat.

Never have been.

I have never contributed to the democratic party.

I did actually contribute to a republican (not Jr) and that got me on the GOP list and I get photos of Jr on the front lawn of the White House asking me to contribute to stop those big bad Liberals several times a year since then.

I have been an independent my entire life, but the current leaders of the neo republican party certainly do not get my support and have forced me to support democrats several times including Kerry under the anyone but philosophy.

I will say my investments skyrocketed and my life in general prospered under Clinton and I didn't know a single person who died because of him.

However, I could say the same about Bush Sr., so it doesn't have anything to do with politics.

Respected them both.

Cannot say the same about either in regards to Jr.

Not in any way.