Every Day

Zowert

In fairness to him, I’ve read him state before that he has a super tight resi route. Pretty sure you park and walk all day right @Zowert?
Yeah, I’m blocking streets all day. I have to be somewhat quick or I’ll get beat up. All resi, two way single lane streets with cars parked on both sides of the road.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
After 3 9.5 violations, file to meet with the district labor manager to resolve to obvious staffing issue. Also, request a ride along with your ors. At least you will get one easy day then.

Est.1998

View attachment 340793
Anyone else seeing this high of a stop count day after day? I file 9.5 grievances every week but they don’t care, just pay me off. I’m not really complaining, just wondering wtf is going on. Last year I averaged 160 stops a day.
2 pickups one pkg rcvd?
Also you dr 211.
Sounds like a resi split route and fairly easy although i wouldn't personally like getting off that truck 230 times daily, at least you can relax after air and enjoy the scenery.

Zowert

2 pickups one pkg rcvd?
Also you dr 211.
Sounds like a resi split route and fairly easy although i wouldn't personally like getting off that truck 230 times daily, at least you can relax after air and enjoy the scenery.
I had two on demands, one of them cancelled. I have no scheduled pick ups on my route but I average at least one on demand every day, sometimes 3 or 4. One dude likes to make last minute on demands with NDA twice a week, so I have to break route and drop the air, pisses me off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
View attachment 340793
Anyone else seeing this high of a stop count day after day? I file 9.5 grievances every week but they don’t care, just pay me off. I’m not really complaining, just wondering wtf is going on. Last year I averaged 160 stops a day.
Yep. Rural routes with 75 stop 9,5 are being pushed out with 100+ every day. Thousands and thousands of dollars in 9.5 stacked up.

Zowert

Yep. Rural routes with 75 stop 9,5 are being pushed out with 100+ every day. Thousands and thousands of dollars in 9.5 stacked up.
We don’t have rural routes here but the 9.5 grievances are stacked up. Some drivers are making an extra $5k+ a year in 9.5 grievance money.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We don’t have rural routes here but the 9.5 grievances are stacked up. Some drivers are making an extra $5k+ a year in 9.5 grievance money.
I made over 4 grand last year grievance money
Brother, sounds like you need a vacation. Or a 4 day weekend. I bet you’re one of those guys that never ever misses a day?

Dr.Brownz

Yeah, I’m blocking streets all day. I have to be somewhat quick or I’ll get beat up. All resi, two way single lane streets with cars parked on both sides of the road.

Don't block the streets noob. Park legally and walk. That 200+ stop count will come down real quick.

Zowert

I made over 4 grand last year grievance money
Brother, sounds like you need a vacation. Or a 4 day weekend. I bet you’re one of those guys that never ever misses a day?
I rarely call in sick. I use option days here and there but I save all my vacation time for deer season. Got a nice 3 point whitetail last year, hoping for another this year.

Zowert

I get that. But with covid peak, piece counts are all over the damn place. Could also have apartments on the route. I have apartments on mine that don’t allow door to door delivery, everything gets dumped in lockers and office. Going as slow and methodically as I can, I get rid of 50 pieces in less than 20 minutes. And I was trained to pre record, save and “left at” all of them individually, so I get credit for all those extra stops. It sucks when the main dispatch guy goes on vacay and the replacement thinks I’m a runner and destroys my route for the week.
Forgot to address this, no lockers. Not a single large apartment complex on my route. The apartments I do have are basically townhouses like unit A, B, C, etc. It’s all door to door. I park in the middle or at the end of each block and walk the smalls off, then I get back in my truck and block the street to deliver irregs. It’s hell when I have a half dozen over 70’s for a street because by the time I’m done there are multiple cars behind and in front of me waiting. I’ve developed the attitude of when I head down a street to deliver those irregs (when it‘s clear) that is my street until I’m done. You can honk, threaten me or even pull up nose to nose with my truck for a game of chicken but you’re never going to win. I’m getting paid by the minute while you are wasting your time.