Every Day

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Should see the trainee on my route day 1 by herself.
39 stops, 160 packages.
4:30 comes around, 15 stops left.
A true champion.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who cares about the rural route guys.
Well here it’s where the major problems are. We have in town guys working over 9.5 but it’s 10 maybe 10.5. Rural guys are working 11.5-12 every single day. If they can keep you under one day you can bet there’s a 13 hour day or 2 headed your way.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Yeah, I’m blocking streets all day. I have to be somewhat quick or I’ll get beat up. All resi, two way single lane streets with cars parked on both sides of the road.
Man friend* those people. How do they think those stupid boxes with the arrow on them get to there house? Don’t hurry up for anybody. It’s not worth it

bdmiz

After 3 9.5 violations, file to meet with the district labor manager to resolve to obvious staffing issue. Also, request a ride along with your ors. At least you will get one easy day then.
Do this. Per the contract you are to meet with the labor manager and "fix" the dispatch problem after 3 9.5 payouts. You're getting raked over the coals, do something about it.

Zowert

Man friend* those people. How do they think those stupid boxes with the arrow on them get to there house? Don’t hurry up for anybody. It’s not worth it
Oh I’m not running or working any faster than I normally do. I’m strictly business while impeding traffic. When I’m walking stops off I can be more at leisure, talk to customers or read stuff on my phone, etc. People honk at me all day and I just ignore them for the most part. Sometimes I’ll blow them a kiss or act stupid, just walk up to them and ask if they have a pick up for me.

I just have to be aware of the psychopaths out there who feel their time is more valuable than anyone else’s. Those people can lose their damn mind over the slightest inconvenience. A cover driver doing my route a few months ago told me a dude pulled up behind him (while he was blocking the road), got out of his car then walked right up in his face and said, “If you don’t get out of my way right now I will friend’ing kill you.” So yeah, I don’t feel like getting shot or stabbed.

One cover driver doing my route came up with the most genius idea. He got a UPS shipping envelope and a thick black sharpie, wrote “BROKEN DOWN” on the white part of the envelope and taped it to the back of the pkg car. He said people pulled up behind him all day long, saw the note then turned around in someone’s driveway and left hahaha.

Last edited:

Zowert

211 DR stops. This is a high resi route.
98% resi. The only businesses I have are a golf course, gun range and a couple gas stations. The gun range gets almost daily shipments of ammunition but the all the others get something just once a week. I feel like a hero when I deliver to that gun range, there’s always a line of people out front waiting for the UPS guy to show up with the ammo. I make them my first stop after NDA.

So yeah it’s pretty much straight resi.