Every Day

Grindstone

🎪

Attachments

• 20210621_091823.jpg
    20210621_091823.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 68

Zowert

I think I mentioned the same thing to him maybe 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken. The company CAN NOT force you to park in the middle of the road.
I think I remember you mentioning that. In some places there is literally nowhere to park, a P-series at least. I would be walking stops off from three blocks away. When I do find parking it’s almost always a back in parallel park job. I’ve been walking smalls off then blocking the street for over 70’s. A lot of my customers never even see my truck, just me pushing a damn cart full of packages down their street.

vvv

I think I remember you mentioning that. In some places there is literally nowhere to park, a P-series at least. I would be walking stops off from three blocks away. When I do find parking it’s almost always a back in parallel park job. I’ve been walking smalls off then blocking the street for over 70’s. A lot of my customers never even see my truck, just me pushing a damn cart full of packages down their street.
It sucks brother, but put it to them.....and put it on them. Absolutely nothing they can do or say. Tell them people are full of anger and rage and you fear for your safety. Sadly, it's not far from the truth in respect to the demeanor of all the whackos out there.

You park that truck proper ALL THE TIME and there's no way I can't see you being able to drop perhaps 70-80 stops from the sound of it.

I gotta laugh at the comment you made about the customers not seeing the truck!! :)
It's funny as hell when they gawk down the street from porch and you hear....."where's your truck?" They used to try and give me a split with minimal parking available in a residential area. And when I would get there late in day there was no way you'd find a spot.

Good luck

MassWineGuy

Just curious. When you get something like 200 or more stops, do you always get all of them done? Do you ever return to the building with some?

Zowert

It's funny as hell when they gawk down the street from porch and you hear....."where's your truck?"
I get that from time to time. Sometimes people can be kind of paranoid when I walk up on their property when they never saw or even heard a UPS truck. Even though I’m uniformed with a DIAD on my hip I’ll get people watching me like a hawk, as if I’m some imposter trying to burglarize houses. I can’t win. If I block the street or a driveway, people get pissed. When I walk stops off they get nosy. If someone asks where my truck is I just tell them I don’t have one. There’s not enough to go around so they dropped me off here with a 4th wheel full of packages. I think they honestly believe that too.

Zowert

Just curious. When you get something like 200 or more stops, do you always get all of them done? Do you ever return to the building with some?
I can usually get 200-230 stops done in 12 hours. I have never returned to the building with addresses still on my board. They send help if I need it, which I hate. I don’t like keeping other drivers away from their families. There is one dude that volunteers to help me once in a while, his girlfriend lives on my route. If I’m behind and I know I’m going to need help, I’ll save her street and give it to him later.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our BA visits our building every Friday. He told us the company has no intention of reducing overtime. They will just pay all the 9.5 grievances.
Yep. The whole file a grievance thing doesn't work. Too many fail to file as management threatens to ojs and to monitor.

A better way would be automatic double time past 9.5.