Every Day

PPH_over_9000

Ok. So you need to stay out as long as it takes. How late could that be?

14 hours, including your lunch. Life as a 22.4 in my center is all about those 13-hour days. Even the routes that are about an hour away from the building-- routes that typically go out with like 125 stops-- end up having around 150 when I cover them. There was one day where my expected arrival time at my last stop was 01:26 and let me tell you, brother, that Saturday I brought back about 80 stops just before midnight.

It's :censored2:ed, man. I've had to adopt the attitude that I'll be out from 9am-10pm every day. If I manage to get back to the building while there's still daylight outside I'm usually ecstatic.

Last edited:

Zowert

This is why I’m much happier at FedEx.
If FedEx paid what UPS does and offered the same benefits perhaps I would be happier there too. We have to put up with more crap here because we are well compensated, therefore being overworked is expected.

Zowert

Only an idiot would bid a route with low miles and high stop counts. 😎
Someone has to do it. I like being a bid driver over a cover, even if that means taking on a tough route. Knowing exactly where I’m going to be every day is nice. No more getting thrown out in the cold on a commercial and pick up heavy route. Eventually a better route will come along. Until then I just enjoy looking forward to that drive home every night after work.

MassWineGuy

No way you could make it at ups
Carry on

Quite possible. I worked some peaks there. Long enough to see how the company treats drivers. Would I like having the pay and benefits there? No question about it. It’s blood money and you deserve every penny. But I couldn’t go that many years working for such a tyrannical company. Even with the protection of the union, it would still be a miserable working life.

Not that FedEx doesn’t have problems.