Express dress code

Star B

White Lightening
Haha, I just re-read my post and I did. Oops. I meant to ask how long after they offer you the job do you start
It depends. Typically, background checks first... then CBT (computer training), a few ride-alongs, then defensive driving class.... courier class (or whatever they do nowadays).... and then thrown to the wolves.

Most likely, Peak will be over by the time your on your own.

dezguy

And with the boots, if you work reload, they must be black and steel/composite safety toe (composite is lighter and highly recommended) in order to get reimbursed. The first year they give like $20 but the second and after they give like $90-95?

And it's been my experience to order big on the pants/shorts. IE, if you wear a 36, order 38. Length seems accurate though.
Jesus! Why so little for work boots? Here, you can't find a decent pair of work boots for any less than $120. We get $300 reimbursement biannually for boots.

Oldfart

Haven't had a pair of steel toes in over 20 years. The day they told us we didn't have to wear them was the last day I wore them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm going in for an interview tomorrow for an express swing courier and was wondering about the dress code. I'm mainly looking for the tattoo policy? I'm also wondering how many hours a swing courier usually gets. I would be leaving a job I am unhappy at for this job.

If you're unhappy now, wait until you get hired on at FedEx.

Indecisi0n

IMG_1040.jpg

jesst1980

If you're unhappy now, wait until you get hired on at FedEx.
Haha, I hope not. Right now at my current job you can't have a life. You work 10 days straight with 3 days of on call. Then have 4 days off then right back at 10 days on again with on calls. I'm ready to make more money and actually have a life.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Haha, I hope not. Right now at my current job you can't have a life. You work 10 days straight with 3 days of on call. Then have 4 days off then right back at 10 days on again with on calls. I'm ready to make more money and actually have a life.

You're in for a big let down, pal.

jesst1980

Well I don't know what you make now so you might make more money.

And as long as your working at a station and not the ramp you will never work 10 days straight (unless you want too and volunteer to work a Sunday during Christmas or valentines/Mother's Day)
What is the difference between the ramp in a station I would be working out of the Hub but not the airport

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldfart

Why is it so terrible
Pay that tool no attention. He cries, whines and complains about everything in life. Tells people to quit working for the company yet he stays there.

It is not perfect and the work can be physically demanding at times. Pay is decent as well as the benefits. Just dont mind the debbie downers on here.