Express dress code

jesst1980

Pay that tool no attention. He cries, whines and complains about everything in life. Tells people to quit working for the company yet he stays there.

It is not perfect and the work can be physically demanding at times. Pay is decent as well as the benefits. Just dont mind the debbie downers on here.
Thanks. The pay is over $2 more an hour than what I am making now so I am happy about that. I drive all day everyday for my current time job so that doesn't bother me either. I don't mind working OT I just really hate being on call. You can't sleep ever. You just keep imagining the phone ringing.

Purplepackage

Thanks. The pay is over $2 more an hour than what I am making now so I am happy about that. I drive all day everyday for my current time job so that doesn't bother me either. I don't mind working OT I just really hate being on call. You can't sleep ever. You just keep imagining the phone ringing.

Well you dont have to worry about being on call, the only time ive ever been called is when they are desperate on saturdays and that is easy OT.

Also you should budget what you will make off of 35 hour weeks(just in case, january and February can be then on hours)

Jayhawk

It's a good job overall. Don't get a bad attitude when you see how lazy some of the people are at this company. Work hard and follow the rules (some will see ridiculous)

jesst1980

Any word yet J?
No I haven't heard anything yet I saw her typing the letter when I was there my application status still says being reviewed I'm guessing they are waiting for my background check. Either way I am getting really anxious I would definitely like to know if I can put my notice in at my current employer
Thank you for checking up and asking if you have any pointers on how to find out I would love to hear them

Schweddy

Balls
Honestly, it is a slow process with FedEx. I mean... s.l.o.w. So if/when you check in, you can call if you know the number or visit the front desk (and wait patiently if customers are present) and ask for the manager. I would play it like a teamwork kind of thing, any update -slash- you want to put in your notice so that they can utilize you sooner. But if they know to call you when they find out so you can put in your notice... that's the goal and I wouldn't stress it or be to anxious. Have you done a drug test yet? And are you DOT/non-DOT? Cuz DOT should require a physical.

jesst1980

Honestly, it is a slow process with FedEx. I mean... s.l.o.w. So if/when you check in, you can call if you know the number or visit the front desk (and wait patiently if customers are present) and ask for the manager. I would play it like a teamwork kind of thing, any update -slash- you want to put in your notice so that they can utilize you sooner. But if they know to call you when they find out so you can put in your notice... that's the goal and I wouldn't stress it or be to anxious. Have you done a drug test yet? And are you DOT/non-DOT? Cuz DOT should require a physical.
I haven't done a drug test yet. The position said Non DOT. So I guess that means I don't need to do a physical from what you said I go into this shipping center all of the time in fact one of the ladies nose may not personally but from going in there I ship a lot of things out from there. I called the boat d ship center and my recruiter and haven't heard back from them yet I know their interviews were running late a couple of days ago so I don't know if that makes things back up or anything if I don't hear anything tomorrow I'll probably call them again thank you for the advice

Schweddy

Balls
Yeah, so if you are offered the position, you'll probably sign the offer letter (pay is not negotiable, iirc) and likely be asked to go directly to do a drug test. It could be a week or two before that (or more?) ...then another length of time for the drug test. But just continue to coordinate and cooperate and be patient. And you will have a pretty tough job. You might start looking at maps with intense detail and learning names. It will come in handy. Learn them in groups or however you retain info. Keep us posted.

jesst1980

Yeah, so if you are offered the position, you'll probably sign the offer letter (pay is not negotiable, iirc) and likely be asked to go directly to do a drug test. It could be a week or two before that (or more?) ...then another length of time for the drug test. But just continue to coordinate and cooperate and be patient. And you will have a pretty tough job. You might start looking at maps with intense detail and learning names. It will come in handy. Learn them in groups or however you retain info. Keep us posted.
Awesome, thank you so much for the advise. I am excited to get started. I love driving and working independently. I'm hoping, if I am offered the job, to start next month.

BootsOnTarmac

My experience at Express was within 24 hours of the interview I had to have the drug test or it would be 6 months before I could apply again. I guess things have changed and the background check comes first, then the drug test. Regardless, good luck too you. You seem to have a good attitude and a willing to work. If you get the job, look towards RTD when your eligible to bid.

jesst1980

My experience at Express was within 24 hours of the interview I had to have the drug test or it would be 6 months before I could apply again. I guess things have changed and the background check comes first, then the drug test. Regardless, good luck too you. You seem to have a good attitude and a willing to work. If you get the job, look towards RTD when your eligible to bid.
They told me I would find out before my recruiter left on Tuesday. I called them on Tuesday afternoon and was told they were still in interviews. I'm trying to still stay positive in the whole process, but haven't heard anything.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I haven't done a drug test yet. The position said Non DOT. So I guess that means I don't need to do a physical from what you said I go into this shipping center all of the time in fact one of the ladies nose may not personally but from going in there I ship a lot of things out from there. I called the boat d ship center and my recruiter and haven't heard back from them yet I know their interviews were running late a couple of days ago so I don't know if that makes things back up or anything if I don't hear anything tomorrow I'll probably call them again thank you for the advice
No such thing as non-DOT swing. Swing requires class A CDL with Haz endorsement.....at your expense.