Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

!Retired!

They still haven’t even announced/mentioned the pay actions at my station.
They didn't make an official announcement at ours because they knew it would piss off the topped out people. They just posted a copy of the step chart and a small announcement next to it.

El Morado Diablo

They didn't make an official announcement at ours because they knew it would piss off the topped out people. They just posted a copy of the step chart and a small announcement next to it.

My manager skipped most of the info and fumbled through the rest of it. If it had been a presentation in a speech class it would have been lucky to earn a D-.

fedx

Extra Large Package
The company managed to not "do the right thing" with RTDs with this new pay plan. They are not getting a step up on the old plan before being moved over to the new progression plan. So in essence, many RTDs are taking a pay step BACKWARDS on the new plan. People currently on step 3 are going to be on step 2 and people step 4 and 5 will be on step 3. At FedEx Express, the motto is one step forward, one or two steps back. :sad-little:

Aquaman

The company managed to not "do the right thing" with RTDs with this new pay plan. They are not getting a step up on the old plan before being moved over to the new progression plan. So in essence, many RTDs are taking a pay step BACKWARDS on the new plan. People currently on step 3 are going to be on step 2 and people step 4 and 5 will be on step 3. At FedEx Express, the motto is one step forward, one or two steps back. :sad-little:
I was on step 5, going to the new step 3. Having 2 steps till top out is better than the 4 I’d have left at step 6. But I agree they should have moved us up then over to the new plan. Nobody is confident in their willingness to give yearly step raises. They’ve killed that retention tool by not sticking to it. And having ANY steps left till top out isn’t going to cut it for a lot of their decade plus long employees still on low steps. I think the RTD change is about 5 years too late to be honest. Don’t think it’s going to do much in terms of hiring or retaining drivers. Freight is still hiring at $32/hr in my area. And our starting pay just went up to $23.05. Almost $9 behind our other CDL branch lol. And I’ve still got 2 steps to go, which will probably take 5+ years to get.

Stat41

I was on step 5, going to the new step 3. Having 2 steps till top out is better than the 4 I’d have left at step 6. But I agree they should have moved us up then over to the new plan. Nobody is confident in their willingness to give yearly step raises. They’ve killed that retention tool by not sticking to it. And having ANY steps left till top out isn’t going to cut it for a lot of their decade plus long employees still on low steps. I think the RTD change is about 5 years too late to be honest. Don’t think it’s going to do much in terms of hiring or retaining drivers. Freight is still hiring at $32/hr in my area. And our starting pay just went up to $23.05. Almost $9 behind our other CDL branch lol. And I’ve still got 2 steps to go, which will probably take 5+ years to get.
Wow. So its the old shell game. Instead of giving you guys an increase like most everyone else (except us topouts) they put you on a new program with the same pay?

Stat41

Wonder how many SPH is achievable.

Thats all fine and good, but Fedex cant even get a mapping program or handheld device to reliably work. I can only imagine how they could mess this thing up. They'll have robots trying to bring the house to the package! The wrong house. To the wrong package.