Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NC man

Digit is little slow,lol.how does it get a sig? What if driveway has a gate with code to get through? I have several. Don’t send robot to the hood, he will be delivering crack once it’s stolen.

FedEx is a joke

Digit is little slow,lol.how does it get a sig? What if driveway has a gate with code to get through? I have several. Don’t send robot to the hood, he will be delivering crack once it’s stolen.
When the kleptomaniac soccer mom steals it. The robot will be delivering meth, prescription pills, and cocaine in suburbia or some hillbilly infested podunk town.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What happens when an EMP disables the robot?

Can a robot right itself if it topples?

Can a self-driving vehicle negotiate a road that’s under water?

SO many questions.

Aquaman

I want to see what it does when a dog is going ape$*#! challenging and running circles around it. Will it just stand there trying to figure out where to move until the dog goes away?
It’s never going to happen. Every company has to have a team working on garbage like this just to promote that they’re thinking up big ideas. It’s not applicable in the real world. It’s no different than truck drivers fearing self driving robotic trucks. Sensors won’t work in dense fog. Sensors won’t work when they’re caked with snow. When they can’t see the lines on the road. When pop up construction zones remap lanes that aren’t on the GPS. A person standing in the road to block traffic and then waving you through, but still in the road. Tires will always need chains. And conditions will never be perfect enough for robots to be running around unsupervised. It’s too risky and dangerous and no company is going to risk the lawsuits. Major cities in this country had a problem with those pay scooters being littered around town. Imagine delivery robots holding up a crosswalk trying to figure out how to go up a icy curb. Ya it’s never going to happen. Cute idea though and it makes for a decent innovation promo on YouTube.

El Morado Diablo

It’s never going to happen. Every company has to have a team working on garbage like this just to promote that they’re thinking up big ideas. It’s not applicable in the real world. It’s no different than truck drivers fearing self driving robotic trucks. Sensors won’t work in dense fog. Sensors won’t work when they’re caked with snow. When they can’t see the lines on the road. When pop up construction zones remap lanes that aren’t on the GPS. A person standing in the road to block traffic and then waving you through, but still in the road. Tires will always need chains. And conditions will never be perfect enough for robots to be running around unsupervised. It’s too risky and dangerous and no company is going to risk the lawsuits. Major cities in this country had a problem with those pay scooters being littered around town. Imagine delivery robots holding up a crosswalk trying to figure out how to go up a icy curb. Ya it’s never going to happen. Cute idea though and it makes for a decent innovation promo on YouTube.

Lol.

I'm not worried about a robot replacing me for any of those reasons and a whole lot more that I'm sure we can all come up with without thinking too hard. If anything, I can see companies using robots to load & unload trucks if they can ever get them up to speed. They would work a lot better in a controlled environment like a ramp/hub/station.

falcon back

There are already automated machines offloading freight. Never underestimate technology that is being developed. Look at everything that has been developed over the last 30 years. Since companies can't find people willing to work, they will need to go to alternative means. I ate at a restaurant yesterday that had a screen at the table. You placed your own order and a person brought mine and several other tables their food. The screen also gave me my bill and took my payment. By not having to deal with the customers very much, the server was able to handle many more tables than normal. Less servers but serving the same amount of tables.

ExizFed

Lol.

I'm not worried about a robot replacing me for any of those reasons and a whole lot more that I'm sure we can all come up with without thinking too hard. If anything, I can see companies using robots to load & unload trucks if they can ever get them up to speed. They would work a lot better in a controlled environment like a ramp/hub/station.
I like the idea of the robots loading/unloading trucks you are on to something.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Lol.

You rang?

It will be fine

The article mentions merger of Fed and ups. Is Fedup coming?
Seeking alpha is always posting articles drooling over Amazon. This guy’s opinion is trash. He assumes shippers will turn over their shipping to Amazon. Currently Amazon can’t reliably handle their own stuff. Floating a FedUp merger as a serious idea is laughable, he should be embarrassed.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've seen videos like this before. That's why I said "if they can ever get them up to speed", ie, faster than humans, then they would be on to something. If you had handlers unloading a trailer this slow they'd have managers yelling at them to hurry up.
No lunch breaks, no potty breaks, no smoke breaks, no environmental mins/maximums, works 24 hours/day, can place 2 to a truck.

What's not to love?

dezguy

Seeking alpha is always posting articles drooling over Amazon. This guy’s opinion is trash. He assumes shippers will turn over their shipping to Amazon. Currently Amazon can’t reliably handle their own stuff. Floating a FedUp merger as a serious idea is laughable, he should be embarrassed.
Can't handle carrying all of their own shipments, had to cut off shippers during peak a few years ago because they couldn't handle the volume but then we're told Amazon is going to swallow every carrier up.

Some of these guys are worse than Tesla fanboys.