Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falcon back

Easy. There's an endless stream of people that can do courier work but driving a tractor-trailer is a licensed skill that pays well elsewhere with more openings than people to fill them. FedEx is willing to crap on its main workforce that's easily replaced to insure better pay for its truck drivers who aren't easily replaced.
You act like driving a tractor is difficult. Once you get some time behind the wheel, you don't even realize how big the rig is. I drove in the city for many years and the most difficult part of the job was trying to find a place big enough to park for lunch.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Who would listen to any person that has been forced to live in their car because of poor planning? Advice, projection, prediction or any other words. I guess it's do as I say, not as I do.
Falcon: "What is 12 plus 4?"
Guy who slept in car: "16."
Falcon: "That's what I thought."
Guy who slept in car: "I slept in my car."
Falcon: "I don't believe 12 plus 4 is 16 then."

falcon back

Falcon: "What is 12 plus 4?"
Guy who slept in car: "16."
Falcon: "That's what I thought."
Guy who slept in car: "I slept in my car."
Falcon: "I don't believe 12 plus 4 is 16
Only a fool would listen to a person who admits they retired broke and had to live in their car as a result. I bet you got on Weight Watchers because Oprah said it would help you stay fit.

vantexan

You act like driving a tractor is difficult. Once you get some time behind the wheel, you don't even realize how big the rig is. I drove in the city for many years and the most difficult part of the job was trying to find a place big enough to park for lunch.
And you can't seem to grasp that people who are willing to drive a tractor and get the CDL are in limited supply. Courier work has been simplified to where it only takes a willingness to hustle. And even then the demands of the job causes a lot of turnover. Look at the people who've stuck with FedEx through thick and a lot of thin. They have for the most part a tough mindset. Those that want it easy don't last.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Only a fool would listen to a person who admits they retired broke and had to live in their car as a result. I bet you got on Weight Watchers because Oprah said it would help you stay fit.
"He didn't handle his retirement properly, therefore he's wrong about anything and everything."

Great logic, sound reasoning.

vantexan

Didn't retire broke. And I have a strategy to save money that works for me. You can't seem to grasp that you got a better deal than those who came after you. Your answer is they should live like monks and do without in order to have a great retirement. Most people have mortgages, car payments, and are raising kids. Good for you if you have all that you need. But for me once I hit 55, especially considering I was having considerable pain daily, I gladly retired to do some things I wanted to do while still young enough to do them. I don't expect to live to 80, might not make it to 70. But I will never think my retirement is a failure because I'm not able to play golf or stay at a luxury resort on trips. You don't seem to realize that there are a lot of people out there who give up material pursuits in order to travel, or to homestead, or a number of other ideas. Living in my car was one of those ideas. Got to see a lot of country in a unique way. If all one wants is to have a home and car and the means to pay for it that's fine too. Not for me.

falcon back

"He didn't handle his retirement properly, therefore he's wrong about anything and everything."

Great logic, sound reasoning.
Anything financially most definitely. If you want to learn anything about certain subject, ask a person who was successful in that subject. If a person was a failure in a certain subject, why would you take anything they say as good advice? Would you ask a person who has been divorced 5 times for marital advice?

falcon back

Didn't retire broke. And I have a strategy to save money that works for me. You can't seem to grasp that you got a better deal than those who came after you. Your answer is they should live like monks and do without in order to have a great retirement. Most people have mortgages, car payments, and are raising kids. Good for you if you have all that you need. But for me once I hit 55, especially considering I was having considerable pain daily, I gladly retired to do some things I wanted to do while still young enough to do them. I don't expect to live to 80, might not make it to 70. But I will never think my retirement is a failure because I'm not able to play golf or stay at a luxury resort on trips. You don't seem to realize that there are a lot of people out there who give up material pursuits in order to travel, or to homestead, or a number of other ideas. Living in my car was one of those ideas. Got to see a lot of country in a unique way. If all one wants is to have a home and car and the means to pay for it that's fine too. Not for me.
Save money after retirement? Most people try to save money before retirement and live the dream during retirement. Hope it works out for you.

falcon back

Yes! 😡

And to think you had to have at least 20 years in to qualify for that shi**y insurance deal. Glad I got out of it.
Other than the cost, the insurance is pretty good. Way better than anything I found on the open market. Deductibles and max out of pocket are way cheaper than anything I found.

NC man

Ok, but fdx doesn’t let you use RHPA money do they?only if you get a policy in the marketplace I thought.Retiring in Dec and RHPA will be 25k for ins premiums but how I understood it is you can only use for health plans that you get in the open market,not a fdx plan.