Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falcon back

His so called paycut was just for show. As long as his shares are worth $250 or more a share, he's sitting pretty.

Bezos could probably buy Greece...
Instead of complaining about what others have, why don't you start a business and have it grow to Fortune 500 status and you can become a billionaire. Sounds simple enough.

falcon back

Never said I was, just sayin after taxes it’s not whole lot more than reg check
Still should be $600 to $700 or more on your check. Not sure how you can say it won't be much more than regular. 22% taxes, a little more in FICA, little more in 401k, depending on your contribution. Just do like a lot of fools did where I worked. They would raise their deduction for weekly taxes where they would bring more home on weeks with bonuses or sold vacation.

fatboy33

Still should be $600 to $700 or more on your check. Not sure how you can say it won't be much more than regular. 22% taxes, a little more in FICA, little more in 401k, depending on your contribution. Just do like a lot of fools did where I worked. They would raise their deduction for weekly taxes where they would bring more home on weeks with bonuses or sold vacation.
I thought we no longer had access to w2change??

falcon back

This place is better than the comics in the morning paper. Besides, I can only play so much golf and fish and the weather has been too bad to do much outside anyways.

NC man

Can’t do that anymore, at least at my station

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I adjusted my withholding this year twice already, but not for reasons of bonuses, etc. The new W4 form is much more cumbersome than the old way of just claiming 99 dependents though.
I worked with a guy who read somewhere about some other guy who would do that, invest the money, then pay whatever he owed when he filed. "It's a free loan that I can use to invest." There were a few problems, the main one being that the guy he read about had such a ridiculously huge income that even a smaller rate of return would be a nice chunk of money.

The second problem was that he figured it up wrong. He figured, correctly, that he'd have $X to invest for a year. But he didn't account for the fact that it came in 52 installments, and each installment would be invested for one week less than the prior one.

The third problem was that this guy was a bacha type.

He made a mess the first year and then made a bigger mess the second year by trying to overcome the first year. He was putting it in CDs that didn't earn much. Whatever he made from that was offset by all the IRS fees and penalties he got stuck with. Guy was a real piece of work.