Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falcon back

I adjusted my withholding this year twice already, but not for reasons of bonuses, etc. The new W4 form is much more cumbersome than the old way of just claiming 99 dependents though.
So you are one of those. Most everyone doing that thinks they are outsmarting the IRS. It very seldom works out.

vantexan

So you are one of those. Most everyone doing that thinks they are outsmarting the IRS. It very seldom works out.
There's nothing illegal about doing that. But when he figures his taxes next year that money will have to be paid then. Could be that he was going to get a refund and that will be eaten up by the taxes owed. But bottom line if he pays what's owed by April 15th, or gets an extension, or works out a payment plan if needed then there's no issue.

McFeely

Huge Member
Jesus, it’s like someone just assumes I was changing my withholding to try to cheat on taxes or whatever. Let me be more clear: I changed my withholding because my tax situation/dependents changed this year. And? I actually adjusted them so MORE taxes are taken out each week

The only reason I even mentioned it is because NC Man didn’t think we could change them on the intranet anymore. You still can, it’s just more tedious.

This place sometimes. Buncha numb nuts I tell ya! 😑

dezguy

Jesus, it’s like someone just assumes I was changing my withholding to try to cheat on taxes or whatever. Let me be more clear: I changed my withholding because my tax situation/dependents changed this year. And? I actually adjusted them so MORE taxes are taken out each week

The only reason I even mentioned it is because NC Man didn’t think we could change them on the intranet anymore. You still can, it’s just more tedious.

Sometimes? More like most the time.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Seems like you need a mirror to have an intelligent conversation anymore.

falcon back

There's nothing illegal about doing that. But when he figures his taxes next year that money will have to be paid then. Could be that he was going to get a refund and that will be eaten up by the taxes owed. But bottom line if he pays what's owed by April 15th, or gets an extension, or works out a payment plan if needed then there's no issue.
Once again, a car dweller giving financial advice. That's like Oprah Winfrey giving weigh loss advice. Why people buy into her doing that is strange.

falcon back

He wasn't giving advice. He was pointing out what happens in a given set of circumstances.
Who would listen to any person that has been forced to live in their car because of poor planning? Advice, projection, prediction or any other words. I guess it's do as I say, not as I do.

vantexan

Freight center near me got a 4% raise they also hit top pay of around 31.50 after 3 years. I dont get why express is so cheap
Easy. There's an endless stream of people that can do courier work but driving a tractor-trailer is a licensed skill that pays well elsewhere with more openings than people to fill them. FedEx is willing to crap on its main workforce that's easily replaced to insure better pay for its truck drivers who aren't easily replaced.

zeev

Freight center near me got a 4% raise they also hit top pay of around 31.50 after 3 years. I dont get why express is so cheape leav
Freight is real truck drivers who will leave if not paid what they deserve, Express RTD are to timid to leave in mass numbers, some leave but not enough.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I disagree, in my circumstance Fred, I'm slipping bigly as Trump would say. I deal with cognative decline, undetected syphylis from my wild years?

Or just smh?
The irrationality of today’s world has you questioning your own rationality??

Don’t worry, you’re fine!

vantexan

Once again, a car dweller giving financial advice. That's like Oprah Winfrey giving weigh loss advice. Why people buy into her doing that is strange.
I'm in a very nice home in Florida just outside The Villages helping my 82 yr old father out after knee surgery. But you'll be happy to know that when Argentina opens up, hopefully early next year, I intend to camp, in a tent no less, up and down the Andes until I'm 67. Should be able to save $150k by then, paying off our home in Kansas. And will enjoy every minute of it.

floridays

I'm in a very nice home in Florida just outside The Villages helping my 82 yr old father out after knee surgery. But you'll be happy to know that when Argentina opens up, hopefully early next year, I intend to camp, in a tent no less, up and down the Andes until I'm 67. Should be able to save $150k by then, paying off our home in Kansas. And will enjoy every minute of it.
Are you 60 yet? Legitimate question, not picking at you.

vantexan

Are you 60 yet? Legitimate question, not picking at you.
Will be in January. Argentina's cost of living is half the States but they have a unique situation going on. Their Peso is constantly eroding as they're in their possibly worst financial crisis in history. And it's not going away anytime soon. Wealthy Argentineans are willing to pay a high premium to get American Dollars to preserve their wealth. And Western Union is participating in that. Right now if you send yourself in Argentina $1000 through Western Union you'll get over $1800 worth of pesos at the official exchange rate. Americans with outside incomes are doing very well there. So are Brits and Europeans.

Last edited:

floridays

Will be in January. Argentina's cost of living is half the States but they have a unique situation going on. Their Peso is constantly eroding as they're in their possibly worst financial crisis in history. And it's not going away anytime soon. Wealthy Argentineans are willing to pay a high premium to get American Dollars to preserve their wealth. And Western Union is participating in that. Right now if you send yourself in Argentina a $1000 through Western Union you'll get over $1800 worth of pesos at the official exchange rate. Americans with outside incomes are doing very well there. So are Brits and Europeans.
Happy January Birthday Brother.
I don't bust your balls, you don't have to explain anything to me. I always hope the best for you, always will. :thumbup1: