Express Pay Increase?

Will Express Get a Pay Hike in 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falcon back

I had a chance at UPS , I had several friends working there. It came down to my buddies were missing all the kids stuff and I had young kids. I missed nothing and don’t regret a thing. Financially we’ve been great
It's funny how FedEx people complain about all the overtime they work and say that family time is more important than the OT money. Ask any UPS driver how many weekday soccer games they get to attend, how many weekday volleyball games they get to attend, how many weekday school plays they get to attend. In most cases, it's not very many.

Aquaman

I had a chance at UPS , I had several friends working there. It came down to my buddies were missing all the kids stuff and I had young kids. I missed nothing and don’t regret a thing. Financially we’ve been great
Agree. You’ve gotta be around when they want you around. I’ll work long hours when my kids are teenagers and hate me lol.

Working4the1%

It's funny how FedEx people complain about all the overtime they work and say that family time is more important than the OT money. Ask any UPS driver how many weekday soccer games they get to attend, how many weekday volleyball games they get to attend, how many weekday school plays they get to attend. In most cases, it's not very many.
Clearly u don’t understand how the RESPONSE fiasco is going...see you kids at soccer .. if u have a delivery across the street from the field now.

falcon back

Clearly u don’t understand how the RESPONSE fiasco is going...see you kids at soccer .. if u have a delivery across the street from the field now.
The people at the station I retired from are running their normal AM routes. Casuals and newhires are doing the mid day routes. I see some of my old coworkers during our afternoon fishing trips. They are working less hours than before. Guess it didn't work out so well for some stations.

floridays

Ask @rod when he retired, at what age, and exactly how many times he can buy and sell you.

falcon back

Ask @rod when he retired, at what age, and exactly how many times he can buy and sell you.
Don't know rod. Don't care when he retired. Don't care if he can buy or sell me. Meanwhile you slave at a job you hate and I get a big check the 5th of every month. Plus I never missed my kids after school activities. Ask rod if he can say the same.

Last edited:

floridays

Don't know rod. Don't care when he retired. Don't care if he can buy or sell me. Meanwhile you slave at a job you hate and I get a big check the 5th of every month.
You assume a lot.

You basically are a member of the only era of fedex box humpers that can make the claim you just did. And you wonder why they are pissed. No one ever accused you of being intelligent however.

Not hearing a lot about your golf game, have you been able to hook one of the clubs you chunked in the lake during on of your fishing expeditions?

floridays

Don't know rod. Don't care when he retired. Don't care if he can buy or sell me. Meanwhile you slave at a job you hate and I get a big check the 5th of every month. Plus I never missed my kids after school activities. Ask rod if he can say the same.
5 simple questions:

When did you start with fedex?
How long till you topped out?
When did you finally retire?
What was the value of your portable pension?
What is your defined pension payment monthly?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
But, but, union dues! That makes top out only $34.79/hour!

Don’t be a union sucker! :lol:
Leaving FedEx was the best move ever. Just under $40 THIS year. Top rate after 4 years, not the 17 I spent at Express to get nowhere close to making big money. Union dues are a fraction of what y'all pay just for insurance, and come with protections, guaranteed pay scale, etc. Don't drink the purple kool-aid.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always knew it was never presented as a 9 to 5 job. I attended every concert - ball game - Christmas program I could. My wife understood from the get go I wouldn't be able to attend many. I remember going off area and attending a few Christmas shows in my browns then going back out and finishing my route. Fun times.

Stat41

I'm seeing some posts on here where grown men are critisizing complete strangers about how to live their life and how much time they spend with their family versus how much money they made to provide for them. For one thing, not everyone here has a family. For another, that is between a man (or woman) and their family and is literally none of my business. Sorry but I just had to rant. I just cant believe the immaturity I sometimes see on this forum. Its kind of like "Oh yeah, and your mom wears combat boots."

falcon back

5 simple questions:

When did you start with fedex?
How long till you topped out?
When did you finally retire?
What was the value of your portable pension?
What is your defined pension payment monthly?
In the 70's
Couple of years
Few years ago
Low 6 figures and still growing
Not drawing my pension so that is yet to be determined