Fake News Examples

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
what really hurts you is being out thunk and out witted by animals

What would you two have to say if any former President (while still in office) had his name plastered over buildings world-wide, and was directly benefitting financially from said office?

You'd have a cow.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What would you two have to say if any former President (while still in office) had his name plastered over buildings world-wide, and was directly benefitting financially from said office?

You'd have a cow.
Never thought about name plastered ... I fail to see the relevance.
Every President has left the office much more wealthy than when he entered.
Same old, same old to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Never thought about name plastered ... I fail to see the relevance.
Every President has left the office much more wealthy than when he entered.
Same old, same old to me.

Big difference from profiting after office as opposed to during term. Don't you see an ethical issue?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Big difference from profiting after office as opposed to during term. Don't you see an ethical issue?

If the Prez tried to get a contract awarded to a company he invests in then I would be concerned.

Increasing the value of the brand of Trump is an inevitable outcome of Trump being President.

I think the law was written to keep the Prez from directly influencing awarding of contracts or overtly encouraging to use services or businesses that would benefit the Prez.

I was not for Trump during the election and like many I am still concerned and curious as to what he is really doing while the MSM is going bonkers over Trump's antics.
I'm sure the media will be watching every aspect of the Trump empire to ensure President Trump does not benefit personally by his actions.

It is a novel scenario ... a successful business person that is elected President.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If the Prez tried to get a contract awarded to a company he invests in then I would be concerned.

Increasing the value of the brand of Trump is an inevitable outcome of Trump being President.

I think the law was written to keep the Prez from directly influencing awarding of contracts or overtly encouraging to use services or businesses that would benefit the Prez.

I was not for Trump during the election and like many I am still concerned and curious as to what he is really doing while the MSN is going bonkers over Trump's antics.
I'm sure the media will be watching every aspect of the Trump empire to ensure President Trump does not benefit personally by his actions.

It is a novel scenario ... a successful business person that is elected President.

Sigh. It's hopeless.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress In Virginia Is A Fake

Kelly Carter, a waitress at Anita’s New Mexico Cafe in Ashburn, Va., claimed that a white man stiffed her on his $30.52 restaurant bill and wrote “Great service, don’t tip black people” at the bottom of his receipt.

But the note was forged, says Daniel Hebda, a lawyer for the customer.

Hebda said in a statement Friday that his client did leave Carter a small tip — one penny — because her service was poor, not because she is black.

Though Carter’s story went viral, there were some early indications that her claim did not quite add up. For one, the receipt she posted online was printed several hours after Anita’s New Mexico Cafe closed. The receipt also bore markings showing that it was a reprint of an original receipt.

Websites like the Huffington Post, Raw Story, the Daily Mail, the New York Daily News and others posted the story as an example of racism in America.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress In Virginia Is A Fake

Kelly Carter, a waitress at Anita’s New Mexico Cafe in Ashburn, Va., claimed that a white man stiffed her on his $30.52 restaurant bill and wrote “Great service, don’t tip black people” at the bottom of his receipt.

But the note was forged, says Daniel Hebda, a lawyer for the customer.

Hebda said in a statement Friday that his client did leave Carter a small tip — one penny — because her service was poor, not because she is black.

Though Carter’s story went viral, there were some early indications that her claim did not quite add up. For one, the receipt she posted online was printed several hours after Anita’s New Mexico Cafe closed. The receipt also bore markings showing that it was a reprint of an original receipt.

Websites like the Huffington Post, Raw Story, the Daily Mail, the New York Daily News and others posted the story as an example of racism in America.
So the guy admits to leaving a one cent tip...... what a freaking D*bag.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So the guy admits to leaving a one cent tip...... what a freaking D*bag.

It is an unwritten rule that a single penny left face down is an indication of poor service.

Yes, I have done this on several occasions. I have also left handwritten notes on the receipt reflecting my displeasure and have gone as far as to request a manager.

I was at Applebee's a few weeks ago and the waitress made several mistakes on my order (forgot the shrimp that went with my chicken and shrimp and then apparently wanted me to eat with my hands as she forgot to bring me silverware) and brought my credit card receipt but did not give me a pen to sign it. I gave her the 15% but added "you need to work on your people skills" on the bottom.

I'm sure that she just thought I was being a dick and ignored my advice.