Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Building I shift in has a p/t sup who would start to un hook chains on side doors of the air trailer before I even dropped it on the air finger , talked to him , wouldn’t stop ,, I refused to put on the air trailers till he left area

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Building I shift in has a p/t sup who would start to un hook chains on side doors of the air trailer before I even dropped it on the air finger , talked to him , wouldn’t stop ,, I refused to put on the air trailers till he left area
If I see little hands reaching out while I'm backing the air trailer on I'll stop and make everyone get out of the skeleton.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I see little hands reaching out while I'm backing the air trailer on I'll stop and make everyone get out of the skeleton.
I have the air trailer right against that steel protector railing attached to the air dock and if the boom of the goat is up too high it can hit that railing and slam down when I lower the boom and you do not want your hands or fingers anywhere near that area.. will friend you up real good for sure!

It's a huge concern, in my eyes. I don't want to kill anyone and yet they are already opening doors and putting rollers in before I'm even unhooked.

The unload sup directs people to do this. His cover sup does the same thing. I've seen guys holding rollers to a trailer, boxes come falling down on them and rollers during reposition, and ripping the rollers from their hands and pushing the rollers out above scanners heads. It's dangerous AF. I hate that they do this and I've mentioned it, and I don't know how many idiots I see who don't secure chains or drivers who back a trailer into a bay with no chain up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the best solution is what i have seen at Amazon in Fernley, NV. the trailers are locked on the door with a hook on the ICC bar. red light;locked. green light , you can pull. the supe inside has to shut door first and then push button to unhook trailer.

the retrofit to our hubs would cost millions.

govols019

You smell that?
the best solution is what i have seen at Amazon in Fernley, NV. the trailers are locked on the door with a hook on the ICC bar. red light;locked. green light , you can pull. the supe inside has to shut door first and then push button to unhook trailer.

the retrofit to our hubs would cost millions.

Will not work with a pintle hook trailer.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Will not work with a pintle hook trailer.
i think you're right. when i pulled double 45 foot trailers there ,they could not lock the trailer to the door. i think the red an green lights still worked.

if we did not observe safety rules at a customers warehouse facility it was a very serious thing. they could ban you from the property.

Had a driver use a package car to ferry two seasonal helpers to the front door from their car. Almost backed over a guy while he was walking the far safe side of the yellow brick road. I don't even know if it's worth pursuing or if it's gonna make me look like a tattle tale or if I should just converse with my steward. Driver didn't honk before backing up and backed up onto the giant yellow square near a pedestrian door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a driver use a package car to ferry two seasonal helpers to the front door from their car. Almost backed over a guy while he was walking the far safe side of the yellow brick road. I don't even know if it's worth pursuing or if it's gonna make me look like a tattle tale or if I should just converse with my steward. Driver didn't honk before backing up and backed up onto the giant yellow square near a pedestrian door.

Pull the drive aside and stress to him/her the importance of yard safety.

Heavy Package

he was a seasonal who stepped through a dock door and got backed over, simple

Spoken just like the soulless Management :censored3:uck UPS loves. Write him off as some other number or metric and file the report with Liberty Mutual, right?

fedx

Extra Large Package
Not saying that this driver didn't do this, but always use your emergency flashers when backing. The flashing lights will get people's attention. So sad a life was needlessly lost.