Favorite Pictures You Have Taken (On Topic Please)

Bob11B

hush money---------------------------------------------------------don't tell my wife I have it.:-)

I’ve got mine hidden

Attachments

• F99E5E0F-DD67-4EEE-B1D4-8EA13870842A.png
    F99E5E0F-DD67-4EEE-B1D4-8EA13870842A.png
    689 KB · Views: 165

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Wait... you didn't take this...
That's funny.
This image was awarded 1st place in a show.
Several of the people questioned whether it was from Roaring Creek because they "had taken thousands of pictures there and seen even more and they did not recognize it".
I explained it was across the road from the Sluice and that it was only 5 feet of a small little stream.
Perspective can be deceiving.

542thruNthru

That's funny.
This image was awarded 1st place in a show.
Several of the people questioned whether it was from Roaring Creek because they "had taken thousands of pictures there and seen even more and they did not recognize it".
I explained it was across the road from the Sluice and that it was only 5 feet of a small little stream.
Perspective can be deceiving.

It must be the way you took the picture. The way the water looks reminds me of a picture I always liked. I'm sure there is a name in photography for what you did but I don't know it. :)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It must be the way you took the picture. The way the water looks reminds me of a picture I always liked. I'm sure there is a name in photography for what you did but I don't know it. :)
It's a common method of photographing running water.
You have to have the camera on a tripod.
You take many pictures at different shutter speeds ... this one looks to be about 1/8th of a second at an friend/stop of 22.
It's called 'velvet water' as a descriptory word ... sort of like onomatopoeia but visual rather than auditory.