Favorite Pictures You Have Taken (On Topic Please)

rod

Retired 22 years
How so? They haven't the funds we do.
When DHL tried a few years back UPS was still a well respected company. Now days the only reason UPS is busy is because of COVID. Everyone hates UPS and Fedex. Don't underestimate DHL--they are sill probably the biggest shipping company overseas.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
When DHL tried a few years back UPS was still a well respected company. Now days the only reason UPS is busy is because of COVID. Everyone hates UPS and Fedex. Don't underestimate DHL--they are sill probably the biggest shipping company overseas.
You have any idea how many charter flights come through Louisville? Quite a bit. UPS is going nowhere. Our volume has been Peak Light since the Rona and was picking up before then. My Daughter is a new employee. She worked 40 hours last week. We are hella busy. The days of 25 planes in and 20 out are LONG GONE. Have been for a few years. We had 43 in last night. And that is just 2 ramps. That isn't counting the A,B,C,D,and E wings/ramp. It's freaking nuts bro.

rod

Retired 22 years
You have any idea how many charter flights come through Louisville? Quite a bit. UPS is going nowhere. Our volume has been Peak Light since the Rona and was picking up before then. My Daughter is a new employee. She worked 40 hours last week. We are hella busy. The days of 25 planes in and 20 out are LONG GONE. Have been for a few years. We had 43 in last night. And that is just 2 ramps. That isn't counting the A,B,C,D,and E wings/ramp. It's freaking nuts bro.
Like I said ----thank the virus UPS is still hanging on. When things settle down (and they will) there are going to be MASSIVE layoffs. The new CEO is just itching to prove how thrifty she can run the company.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Like I said ----thank the virus UPS is still hanging on. When things settle down (and they will) there are going to be MASSIVE layoffs. The new CEO is just itching to prove how thrifty she can run the company.
I doubt layoffs will happen. Like I said, we have been busy since before this Rona crap. Regardless, I ain't going anywhere and I hope my low seniority Brothers and Sisters don't either. I think you underestimate the UPS power in Louisville.

rod

Retired 22 years
I doubt layoffs will happen. Like I said, we have been busy since before this Rona crap. Regardless, I ain't going anywhere and I hope my low seniority Brothers and Sisters don't either. I think you underestimate the UPS power in Louisville.
Oh to be young again and so optimistic. Enjoy it while it lasts.

rod

Retired 22 years
About your byline---you realize that if there can't be an Aunt Jemima there definitely can't be a "Jig Master". :-)

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Oh to be young again and so optimistic. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Ain't that young Brother. The Company has taken a lot from me in the form of body aches and pains. I have seen it grow first hand. Air didn't start till 88 I believe. Got hired in 89 working all the small planes. Those planes are long gone now. In the Zona desert. It's all about the workhorse flights now and that is saying nothing about the ground division and you drivers, which squash FedEx's ground. Used to be every night was easy. Not anymore. And this was before Rona.

rod

Retired 22 years
No. Would like to try my hand at it though but wouldn't know where to begin.
I good friend of mine was part owner of Lindy-Little Joe Tackle company. We were NEVER hurting for tackle. He used to bring boxes of it on our fishing trips and divide it up umongst us guys.