Fedex copying UPS again...

U

ups79

I always thought that we were the "best" company too, when compared to fedex. But when the heck is share price going to prove it. Would have been better off right after the IPO to have sold UPS and bought fedex.

T

teddyr

Monte, you guys are number 2 and always will be, deal with it!! And where does that purple FagEx car stand in the NASCAR points championship?? (another copycat move by FagEx)

U

upsdawg

Monte-----once again, thanks for keeping us UPS people on our toes.You are representing FedEx well and there are a lot of positive things that you are doing to be and stay competitive---we are both in the same game and will have to wait and see when the dust settles, who remains---we both share the same threats from USPS and DHL!

U

upsdawg

Monte-----been wanting to tell you this ---I heard that UPS was going to buy FedEx and call the new company.......

UPS!!!}

M

moreluck

Gee, I wonder why they trusted UPS with these fish and not FDX...

World's Largest Fish Moved by UPS to Georgia Aquarium

ATLANTA, Jun 03, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Two whale sharks took a 60-hour ride on a UPS plane this week to arrive Friday at their new home at the Georgia Aquarium here. Whale sharks are known as the largest fish on earth.

The fish were flown more than 8,000 miles on a UPS B-747 freighter from Taipei, Taiwan, through Anchorage to Atlanta. The two sharks each are about 13 feet in length and together weigh nearly 2,200 pounds.

The movement of the whale sharks is believed to be the first in history for this species. The name "whale" has been applied to the fish because of its huge size, but they are fish and not mammals. The whale shark can reach up to 45-to-50 feet in length.

The movement presented a number of logistics challenges, including the re-configuration of the plane's interior, custom tanks with a highly advanced marine life support system, and marine animal doctors traveling aboard. Special hoisting equipment also was required at each end of the journey. The full capacity of the B-747 was required because the fish, their special tanks and water weighed a combined 54,000 pounds.

The UPS flight from Taipei to Anchorage was flown by Capt. Jeff Kilcoin, Capt. Greg Mulgrew and Flight Engineer James Casey. The leg from Anchorage to Atlanta was flown by Capt. Karen Lee, Capt. E.J. Carlton and Flight Engineer Bobby Raia.

The Georgia Aquarium, financed by a gift from Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus, will open this fall as one of the world's largest aquarium facilities. UPS, which is headquartered in Atlanta, is providing a number of in-kind services to support the hometown project, including the movement of Ralph and Norton from one side of the world to the other

S

steward377

the union is corrupt
they work indirectly with the company to increase profits ,when it comes down to repesenting thier members,they fall way short.
they never helped me when I needed it

your right my 65 grand sucked last year sure wish we didnt have the union

M

montecarlo11

bwattsgcc,
how about a little class. there were lives lost there.
I think UPS was used to ship the flounder because all of the Fedex aircraft were being used to move pkgs. were busy over here.

S

switchoff

yes monte, you're very busy over there exploiting your fedex ground and home delivery workers. keep up the great job! the community and economy thanks you.

I

infonotice

Hey Montecarlo11, why don't you get off this web site, you work for the company that will always be 2nd place and nobody really cares what a lazy fedex driver thinks about us over here at a real company.

S

switchoff

hey monte, i think you're mistaken, i don't see any lives loss there with any of those numerous fedex crashes.

S

switchoff

hey infonotice,
don't bug monte, he's like one of those wannabe kids in school who just wanted to hang out with the cool guys. you know, one of those underprivileged kids we feel sorry for.

you can stay monte, just don't annoy us too much

S

switchoff

LOL,

Well I'd like to see a picture of him first before I buy any 'monte' t-shirts or stuffed plush toys of him.

I

ironylife

screw the post office. A few years ago the postmaster general said publically that they were going to "shut ups down". haha, please.....thats pretty funny. We dont need the business from the post office to make a profit, but where would fedex be without the post office volume. wait, they say that they are competing with each other, but they are really in bed with each other.

B

bwattsgcc

Monte,

I would have never posted it had lives been lost. This just goes to show everyone here that your just a big bragger, and nothing you say is believable.

M

montecarlo11

bwatt,
check again and let me know if lives were lost with that link you put up :censored2:head.

Date Airline/Location Aircraft Type/Registration Fatalities
07.31.1997 Federal Express McDonnell Douglas MD-11 0:5
Newark, New Jersey, USA N611FE
10.18.1999 Federal Express McDonnell Douglas MD-11 0:2
Freeport, Philippines N581FE
07.26.2002 Federal Express Boeing 727-232AF 0:3
Tallahassee, Florida, USA N497FE
12.18.2003 Federal Express McDonnell Douglas MD-10-10F 0:7

little class goes along way. I would never make a joke about anyone at ups loosing there life. grow up

S

spidey

Monte,

I think you are misreading the numbers. Those were the number of people on board, no one was killed. ie: 0:7
Zero casualties:7 Passengers

B

bwattsgcc

Monte,

0:0 fatalities:Souls on board

in simpler terms 0 people lost thier lives out of 5 people on board.... any other kind words you would like to throw at me?