FedEx cry babies

bbsam

Staff member
As I have said here before, I live in a depressed area. There aren't many jobs so you keep the one you have until you find something better.

I stay with FedEx for my family, despite the take away's, ect. This is where we have raised a family as well as mine and my wifes families all being here. It would be unfair to my kids to move them away from everything they have every known as well as away from their family.

I have my line out and believe me, the second something better comes along, I will be gone but until then I will stay here for the sake of my family.
So what makes you think it's different for me or anybody else?

dezguy

Who is to say that he is underpaying them?
Well, I'm going off of what job rate is at Express up here; Which is the average wage of the big 4 courier companies up here. That job rate is no where near the just above minimum wage the majority of Ground drivers I've spoken to, get.

bbsam

Staff member
So you underpay your employees for your family??
If I took home $0 I still could not pay $34 per hour. Hell, I couldn't pay UPS health insurance for all of them. Again, if the money is not there, how do you suggest I pay it?

dezguy

If I took home $0 I still could not pay $34 per hour. Hell, I couldn't pay UPS health insurance for all of them. Again, if the money is not there, how do you suggest I pay it?
Who said you should pay your employees $34? That is at the very top end of the spectrum.

bbsam

Staff member
You were complaining all your drivers were switching to Express, was a while ago, don't worry you'll have something for Dave soon.
No. I was complaining that two had left for Express. However, word has gotten back that Express sucks and hours are hard to come by...and then of course there's the takeaways. I mean, why leave for Express health care if it's not going to be there in 5 years anyway?

dezguy

What's wrong with the top end? I though UPS was "industry standard".
Absolutely nothing wrong with top end. I'm sure your employees would be very grateful to be making that amount of money. I don't recall saying anything about UPS being the industry standard, as it is quite evident they are at the very top of the industry pay scale. I believe I spoke about job rate and market value.

bbsam

Staff member
Absolutely nothing wrong with top end. I'm sure your employees would be very grateful to be making that amount of money. I don't recall saying anything about UPS being the industry standard, as it is quite evident they are at the very top of the industry pay scale. I believe I spoke about job rate and market value.
Well would you believe I couldn't do $22/hr either? But then again, I don't have to. I don't seem to be losing drivers and not all turnover is bad anyway.

dezguy

Well would you believe I couldn't do $22/hr either? But then again, I don't have to. I don't seem to be losing drivers and not all turnover is bad anyway.
Judging from some of the Ground route owners I have spoken with, no I don't believe you can't do $22/hour.

bbsam

Staff member
Judging from some of the Ground route owners I have spoken with, no I don't believe you can't do $22/hour.
I would suggest you look into their accounting and tax records before coming to that conclusion. Maybe maintenance records would be eye opening as well.

dezguy

I would suggest you look into their accounting and tax records before coming to that conclusion. Maybe maintenance records would be eye opening as well.
You could be right. I'm not saying owning a business doesn't cost money but when certain route owners are going out of country for vacation every other month and drive to "work" in a Corvette while their employees have to take a bus, I'm calling b.s. on saying they can't afford to pay their employees a bit more.