FedEx Ground and Express

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
LOL, right, because a panel of couriers would put the business needs and objectives of the station ahead of their own self-serving interests. Good one!!
Again, your comprehension of what I said failed.

A coalition of the two sides agreeing on realistic goals is the ideal. I realize that smacks of collective bargaining and would be verboten, but sometimes compromise works.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Again, your comprehension of what I said failed.

A coalition of the two sides agreeing on realistic goals is the ideal. I realize that smacks of collective bargaining and would be verboten, but sometimes compromise works.

Maybe you missed my sarcasm about couriers putting their self-interests aside. What you're proposing is that management meet with a panel of couriers who don't want to do what management wants to do, management tells them that that's what's going to happen anyway, and the couriers aren't happy about it.

AB831

LOL, right, because a panel of couriers would put the business needs and objectives of the station ahead of their own self-serving interests. Good one!!
What worker on earth besides obsequious bootlickers like you put the needs of a crappy company before their own?

dezguy

Sure. And I also went on check rides with the usual couriers who said that what the swing did was impossible. And I've given the courier the swing's gap report. And I also offered to allow the courier to ride along with the swing to see how it's done. The reverse is also true. There are swings who swear that the regular courier is falsifying or whatever, given him the regular couriers gap report, etc.

You act like I care. I don't. On just about any given route, either the regular courier is going to consistently perform better than the swings or vice versa. That never bothered me. When there was a consistent, significant difference one way or the other, that's when I was bothered and that's when I'd start asking questions. Like I said, doesn't matter to me who's right and who's wrong, but I had every obligation to find out which was which, to do so fairly, and to properly take care of it.
You sure have a lot of responses for someone who "doesn't care"

And I never said what the senior courier does is impossible. It's very possible. Unfortunately, for management, most couriers aren't willing to do the things necessary to facilitate running super inflated.

I love that stop counts and sph matter until it's not convenient for management's numbers.

AB831

And I never said what the senior courier does is impossible. It's very possible. Unfortunately, for management, most couriers aren't willing to do the things necessary to facilitate running super inflated.

I love that stop counts and sph matter until it's not convenient for management's numbers.
Of course he cares. This company is his entire life.

Nolimitz

Or UPS is going to get the outbound side of the business? Ground pups are non existent in this neck of the woods. Half my daily outbound is ground left at DB locations rain, snow or shine.

59 Dano

What worker on earth besides obsequious bootlickers like you put the needs of a crappy company before their own?

If someone is only concerned with his own self-interests and doesn't care about the business objectives of his station, then there's no point in including him in such a process. Some choose to be active participants in the progress and development of the station, some choose to be grunts.

59 Dano

Having a response = care? OOOOOKAY.

Whatever gets you through the night, snowflake.

dezguy

Having a response = care? OOOOOKAY.

Whatever gets you through the night, snowflake.
Not necessarily having A response. Responding, over and over and over even though you supposedly don't care, eh I'm calling bs on that one.

Feel free to respond, snowflake.

AB831

If someone is only concerned with his own self-interests and doesn't care about the business objectives of his station, then there's no point in including him in such a process. Some choose to be active participants in the progress and development of the station, some choose to be grunts.
It’s a job, not a lifestyle lmao

59 Dano

Not necessarily having A response. Responding, over and over and over even though you supposedly don't care, eh I'm calling bs on that one.

Feel free to respond, snowflake.

I have experience with the issue and I don't know why you keep trying to twist that into something that it isn't. Well, I do, but I don't know why you think it matters.

59 Dano

It’s a job, not a lifestyle lmao

Oh, agreed. And if you don't think that your job includes participating in such things -no one says you have to- then you probably don't have much to contribute anyway. Using critical thinking skills and working with others to make improvements, solve problems, and so forth isn't for everyone.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Oh, agreed. And if you don't think that your job includes participating in such things -no one says you have to- then you probably don't have much to contribute anyway. Using critical thinking skills and working with others to make improvements, solve problems, and so forth isn't for everyone.
When I was a kid, I used to sit in my daddy’s pickup truck, twisting the steering wheel, going ‘vroom, vroom’, acting like I could drive.

For some reason, what you posted reminded me of that. 😂

AB831

Every effort I’ve made to do that with this company has been met with some canned excuse or “it is what it is.” After four years of that, I only care about looking out for myself. Any sane person would.

bacha29

Every effort I’ve made to do that with this company has been met with some canned excuse or “it is what it is.” After four years of that, I only care about looking out for myself. Any sane person would.
Given Dano's disdain and contempt, as evidenced by his comments, for the people who are out there everyday performing the actual task for Fedex actually gets PAID and that is the physical movement of goods from one place to another, why would any of those good and decent people be willing to even sit in the same room with the guy let alone try to reason with him?

Look, I've told you this before . His too many trips to the academy has let him so badly brainwashed that an alternative thought process in any form let alone one of his own is something he's just not capable of . And believe me I saw quite a bunch of them after they've come back from the academy and if you think Dano's a mess you should have seen them.

But don't despair. On the day when you're stepping up to the podium to receive your first Pulitzer Dano will still be down there in his forgotten basement cubicle compiling his little graphs and emails.

59 Dano

You seem to overlook the possibility that your suggestions aren't any good.