FedEx Loses Suit In Wrongful Dismissal Case

XEQaF

Yes. I dealt with them frequently shortly after ISP transition since there was a lot of management that didn’t fully grasp the changes and still tried to maintain control over my personnel. I’ve had a few issues run up to PGH that resulted in changes, nothing major but necessary. I operate out of multiple buildings so I’ve dealt with several reps. If an issue is serious there’s only one that is worth talking to and he’s very good. Doesn’t always give me the answers I’d like but is very reasonable and can have a healthy debate without getting emotional. He’s also not afraid to say he doesn’t have an answer and will get back to me when he does.

If you use Contractor Relations correctly they can be helpful. They aren’t a second management, they aren’t really HR, they are more about contract interpretation and execution.

See my experience wasn't that good being in a stand alone depot with no support. Any email or voicemail would not go anywhere. Any issue that would push the edge, they wouldn't tackle probably because they didn't have the knowledge of how to resolve the issues. The only time you'd hear from them would be Christmas when they would fly in for a day, drop some donuts, and check off my city as done.

I guess in certain situations they come out to play but I believe they are another line of management to toe the line, when it comes down to it they will err on the side of caution which is protect the company and their job

It will be fine

See my experience wasn't that good being in a stand alone depot with no support. Any email or voicemail would not go anywhere. Any issue that would push the edge, they wouldn't tackle probably because they didn't have the knowledge of how to resolve the issues. The only time you'd hear from them would be Christmas when they would fly in for a day, drop some donuts, and check off my city as done.

I guess in certain situations they come out to play but I believe they are another line of management to toe the line, when it comes down to it they will err on the side of caution which is protect the company and their job
They are definetly there to protect the company. Protect it from lawsuits by you. It’s a matter of framing your concerns in a way that gets their attention in that regard. I’m sure smaller stations get less attention.

bacha29

I was at a small station. What happens after awhile is that their credibility hits absolutely zero and to the point where we as a group refused to even speak to them. CR is simply another company tool that is used to make certain that their power remains absolute and unchallenged.

vantexan

FYI to all you Express people: the above concept is gold and is often the difference between being taken seriously and not being taken seriously.
So, Express employees should apply a concept used to get the attention of an office that deals with Ground contractors, not Express employees?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FYI to all you Express people: the above concept is gold and is often the difference between being taken seriously and not being taken seriously.
You so funny! The concept he espouses is to vaguely threaten that if your concerns are not met that a lawsuit could follow. SMH

It will be fine

You so funny! The concept he espouses is to vaguely threaten that if your concerns are not met that a lawsuit could follow. SMH
If that’s how you believe corporate politics work, it’s not a surprise you remain in an entry level position. The issue is how you frame your concerns. You need to make arguments whose solutions benefit both yourself and the corporation. If you are pointing out wrongdoing you need to demonstrate how it adversly affects the corporation not just yourself. If the system itself fails everyone fails. Pointing out potential legal exposure is not a vague threat when presented properly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You sound a lot like a co-worker of mine who quit last year. He was a RTD for a couple of years too and was written up for napping when he was a courier. Lol. I guess I'll just have to wonder.

The only time I ever napped as an RTD was when planes were extremely late and I was at an away station waiting on one. I used to help out driving tugs, loading cans etc. and would never just sit in the tractor unless it was totally dead and everyone was just waiting on the plane.

One more thing I think everyone needs to understand about FedEx. The company is structured to make you disposable, and I saw it over and over again throughout my career. Unless you have a race card to play or some hidden blackmail material over management, it's really you the individual vs. a mega-corporation. Since FedEx is non-union except for the pilots, there are no Weingarten Rights or basic worker protections.

Even though they aren't supposed to do it, Legal and HR work hand-in-hand to ensure the employee loses, whether it be a court case or a GFT. I had to testify in a few cases where employees sued, and the winners always proved that Legal and HR were colluding to make FedEx the winner.

In one memorable case, which I shall not name, Memphis flew out several of the top dogs to add some punch to their argument, which they lost. The employee received a high 6-figure settlement for discrimination and wrongful termination in spite of all the big names.

FedEx is a predatory employer, and the sooner you realize it, the better off you will be. Always document everything, including pictures if possible. If you can record conversations on your phone, do it, even though they are (mostly) not admissible in court because it will help you remember what was said to you verbatim. Judges like facts, not suppositions and hearsay.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If that’s how you believe corporate politics work, it’s not a surprise you remain in an entry level position. The issue is how you frame your concerns. You need to make arguments whose solutions benefit both yourself and the corporation. If you are pointing out wrongdoing you need to demonstrate how it adversly affects the corporation not just yourself. If the system itself fails everyone fails. Pointing out potential legal exposure is not a vague threat when presented properly.
They are definetly there to protect the company. Protect it from lawsuits by you. It’s a matter of framing your concerns in a way that gets their attention in that regard. I’m sure smaller stations get less attention.
Not what the original post sounded like. Crawfishing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So, Express employees should apply a concept used to get the attention of an office that deals with Ground contractors, not Express employees?

If you conduct yourself in a professional manner and have a professional attitude, your concerns are much more likely to be taken seriously and you're much more likely to come to a satisfactory resolution.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One more thing I think everyone needs to understand about FedEx. The company is structured to make you disposable, and I saw it over and over again throughout my career. Unless you have a race card to play or some hidden blackmail material over management, it's really you the individual vs. a mega-corporation. Since FedEx is non-union except for the pilots, there are no Weingarten Rights or basic worker protections.

It's practically impossible to be fired for performance issues. Anyone who has been with the company as long as you claim to have been would know that by now.

Even though they aren't supposed to do it, Legal and HR work hand-in-hand to ensure the employee loses, whether it be a court case or a GFT.

LOL LOL LOL!!!

I had to testify in a few cases where employees sued, and the winners always proved that Legal and HR were colluding to make FedEx the winner.

In one memorable case, which I shall not name, Memphis flew out several of the top dogs to add some punch to their argument, which they lost. The employee received a high 6-figure settlement for discrimination and wrongful termination in spite of all the big names.

Awfully convenient of you to not name the case WINK WINK

FedEx is a predatory employer, and the sooner you realize it, the better off you will be. Always document everything, including pictures if possible. If you can record conversations on your phone, do it, even though they are (mostly) not admissible in court because it will help you remember what was said to you verbatim. Judges like facts, not suppositions and hearsay.

And always keep an adequate supply of foil so that you can make hats to fend off the black helicopters.

vantexan

If you conduct yourself in a professional manner and have a professional attitude, your concerns are much more likely to be taken seriously and you're much more likely to come to a satisfactory resolution.
Or you can tell a manager such and such won't work, he patronizingly blows you off, then is shocked his idea won't work. And looks bad in the process. Seen it dozens of times.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's practically impossible to be fired for performance issues. Anyone who has been with the company as long as you claim to have been would know that by now.

LOL LOL LOL!!!

I had to testify in a few cases where employees sued, and the winners always proved that Legal and HR were colluding to make FedEx the winner.

And always keep an adequate supply of foil so that you can make hats to fend off the black helicopters.

Naming the case would show where I live since the courier was very well known, and I prefer to always be anonymous. 7 of us testified, and, frankly, his case wasn't all that strong because he drove like a bat out of Hell, was reckless, and not an especially nice guy. He was fired for cause, not because of his ethnicity. Performance has degraded substantially, but conduct is always available. As a former manager, you should be well versed in the P&P, which basically states you can be fired for anything at any time for any reason FedEx decides. You know full well that the standards for getting hired are way lower than ever, and that the ability to walk, talk, and sit behind the wheel qualifies you to be a courier these days.

Performance used to be an issue for which one could easily be terminated by cooking-up something not related to performance. Anyone who was with the company as long as you should know that. Or, maybe you're just a troll/shill like I always suspected.

XEQaF

The fact remains FDX will not tolerate any opposition to how they operate. It doesn't matter how much reframing or conducting yourself as professional as you can, if you can think for yourself, then you aren't viewed as an asset either as an employee of Express or an ISP with Ground. If you want to be paid FDX bucks then you better be willing to submit yourself completely to their doxology.

XEQaF

I was at a small station. What happens after awhile is that their credibility hits absolutely zero and to the point where we as a group refused to even speak to them. CR is simply another company tool that is used to make certain that their power remains absolute and unchallenged.
YES! You have to operate essentially as a rogue unit to get things done that the station you operate under has no clue how to handle. So with that separation you inevitably loose faith in all the various forms of management and your confidence in the company as a whole.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
LOL LOL LOL!!!

All those years you rode the short bus to your special ed classes didn't do you a whole lot of good.

floridays

I love the condescending attitude you shovel to Mr @Fred's Myth . Doubtful he is entry level, while not mid or upper management as yourself. (you own some trucks and fedex tells you what to do, and when.)
I started to bust yer balls but chose not to type as much. I may well revisit.
You have no clue what the guy does. I'll put my bucks on freds myth against you any day on legal concerns or getting a good hot dog. You got that?