Fedex paying 500 a day to run unserviced routes

bacha29

"The reality of contracting with fedex"
You are not a contractor. What is that reality? Most of you guys are losers that suck up to your TM and have screwed other "contractors". Make no mistake I was able to terminate my contract because of fedex failure to service my company. That concept will fly way over your head because you have no respect for your company or employees, and you have nothing else.
"What I do on daily bases", you cant begin to grasp because you cant think for yourself. I can prove it.
Explain your marketing plan, describe your policies and procedures, provide your enterprise design and insignia, how diversified is your "company", who upgrades and designed your website and software?
Now go do what master say..
After putting up for years with their flagrant disregard of the terms contained in their unilaterally drafted and implemented so called contract the final straw for me came when I was ordered to turn over for their so called "audit" and "review" the private payroll records of my private corporation. Privileged and confidential information protected by US privacy law and when I asked them to identify the specific rule of law entitles them to that information the request was ignored yet the demand for that information was not withdrawn.
Existing contractors on this forum can if they choose to continue to tell their friends and families that they " own their own business" but those who know the inner workings of the XG contracting model and it real intent know that as long as XG's DOT numbers are on the side of that truck and the title to that truck is in a bank vault somewhere and the value attached to that title when it leaves that vault is one hell of a lot less than it was when it went in that vault that so called "own their own" business is nothing more than a piece of paper and Fedex has such absolute control over everything that they not the free market determines what that piece of paper is worth.
So just exactly what is there to actually take ownership of?

It will be fine

"The reality of contracting with fedex"
You are not a contractor. What is that reality? Most of you guys are losers that suck up to your TM and have screwed other "contractors". Make no mistake I was able to terminate my contract because of fedex failure to service my company. That concept will fly way over your head because you have no respect for your company or employees, and you have nothing else.
"What I do on daily bases", you cant begin to grasp because you cant think for yourself. I can prove it.
Explain your marketing plan, describe your policies and procedures, provide your enterprise design and insignia, how diversified is your "company", who upgrades and designed your website and software?
Now go do what master say..
So, you kept all your costs down, paid your employees really well, made money and then terminated your own contract? That doesn’t add up. If you ran such a great operation you could have worked out any issues you had with fedex management and continued to make money. You got terminated and are now disgruntled, screaming into the void. Why should anyone take your advice?

bacha29

So, you kept all your costs down, paid your employees really well, made money and then terminated your own contract? That doesn’t add up. If you ran such a great operation you could have worked out any issues you had with fedex management and continued to make money. You got terminated and are now disgruntled, screaming into the void. Why should anyone take your advice?
Bud, with all due respect , there is no "worked out any issues". In the end it's still their the way or the highway because it's their freight, their operating authority and their building that your truck is being loaded out of. On occasion there might be a slight variation on how it's done but the doing is still all theirs. In the end the over riding factor is to exactly what extent is the individual willing to bow to the demands of that company and every person has their limits as to how much humiliation they're is willing to be subjected to by that company. The only true independence you have is the right to decide independently when you've had enough of the servitude known as Fedex contracting.

Exec32

I forgot to tell you, I had the most senior couriers in my terminal, 0 accidents for six years. We ran zero supplements outside of peak.
I told X you cant give me enough work. We created our own manifest to create efficiencies. My driver utilization was better than anyone else in the terminal.
How? I didn't do things that would be detrimental to my company. All my trucks were paid for, I did my own maintenance, tires brakes. I ensured rach driver produced results. I ignored X demands that fell outside the contract. You know what that does right?
The TM was threatened by my actions. TM was insecure and X doesnt want contractors that are independent. The harrassment was relentless and I ended it.
For the last time, I will not lie to a bunch of strangers to prove my point. I did terminate X, in writing, sent both by email and certified. Pittsburgh came down to discuss things at neutral location. They asked me to come back, and I told them Hell no.
I know this may be hard to believe, in fact contract relations said the same thing after they recieved the termination notice.
This was not worth the pennies they were paying.

It will be fine

Bud, with all due respect , there is no "worked out any issues". In the end it's still their the way or the highway because it's their freight, their operating authority and their building that your truck is being loaded out of. On occasion there might be a slight variation on how it's done but the doing is still all theirs. In the end the over riding factor is to exactly what extent is the individual willing to bow to the demands of that company and every person has their limits as to how much humiliation they're is willing to be subjected to by that company. The only true independence you have is the right to decide independently when you've had enough of the servitude known as Fedex contracting.
Cool story. He claims he was a great contractor with a great operation. If he was so great he could have let it run with a manager and still made money. At the end of the day, that’s why we’re here, making money. I didn’t care how independent you believe I am. Most days I don’t have to leave my house and make a comfortable living.

bacha29

Cool story. He claims he was a great contractor with a great operation. If he was so great he could have let it run with a manager and still made money. At the end of the day, that’s why we’re here, making money. I didn’t care how independent you believe I am. Most days I don’t have to leave my house and make a comfortable living.
Exactly. That company can, has and will continue to do whatever it wants to you and you've got absolutely no choice but to eat it and smile. Again it just a case where you were willing to stoop lower than some of us and willing to be repeatedly humiliated. Face it. They are the kings and you're simply a modern day serf.

It will be fine

Exactly. That company can, has and will continue to do whatever it wants to you and you've got absolutely no choice but to eat it and smile. Again it just a case where you were willing to stoop lower than some of us and willing to be repeatedly humiliated. Face it. They are the kings and you're simply a modern day serf.
Whatever makes you happy, but I’ll take my situation over yours any day.

It will be fine

I forgot to tell you, I had the most senior couriers in my terminal, 0 accidents for six years. We ran zero supplements outside of peak.
I told X you cant give me enough work. We created our own manifest to create efficiencies. My driver utilization was better than anyone else in the terminal.
How? I didn't do things that would be detrimental to my company. All my trucks were paid for, I did my own maintenance, tires brakes. I ensured rach driver produced results. I ignored X demands that fell outside the contract. You know what that does right?
The TM was threatened by my actions. TM was insecure and X doesnt want contractors that are independent. The harrassment was relentless and I ended it.
For the last time, I will not lie to a bunch of strangers to prove my point. I did terminate X, in writing, sent both by email and certified. Pittsburgh came down to discuss things at neutral location. They asked me to come back, and I told them Hell no.
I know this may be hard to believe, in fact contract relations said the same thing after they recieved the termination notice.
This was not worth the pennies they were paying.
So, the terminal manager was mean to you so you quit? In my experience they only last for a couple years anyway. If you carried no debt and had such an excellent operation why couldn’t you find a buyer? Quitting is incredibly foolish, it would leave at least a couple hundred thousand dollars on the table.

bacha29

Whatever makes you happy, but I’ll take my situation over yours any day.
Yes, my situation is not ideal but I have the piece of mind knowing that no one else is suffering a similar fate for which I am responsible. And all the bragging in the world regarding your management skills will never cover up the fact that you're just another low wage zero benefit scab contractor who has zero power or control.

dezguy

Bro, he was contracting for FedEx for fun!

Exec32

So, the terminal manager was mean to you so you quit? In my experience they only last for a couple years anyway. If you carried no debt and had such an excellent operation why couldn’t you find a buyer? Quitting is incredibly foolish, it would leave at least a couple hundred thousand dollars on the table.
When you are going up against TM, Regional manager, contract relations and X legal there is no sale. They withheld consent, twice.
Honestly I cant disclose too much. I've been advised.
To put it short, I was a liability, what happened to me will happen to you when you exercise any type of independence.

Exec32

A comfortable living..
That is not what I'm in business for. You are exactly what X desires. It's unfortunate though you are that naive to pretend you are a business owner.
I'm just amused how you guys put so much money and effort into something that is not yours. X operation is set up to play contractor against contractor, squeeze every bit of profit from your company and demand you obey each command, or else.
They will shut you down before you know it. You will obey each command, but it will be to late. in the process you will eliminate any possibility of litigation because you where so complicit. That's how they will do someone like you.

It will be fine

When you are going up against TM, Regional manager, contract relations and X legal there is no sale. They withheld consent, twice.
To put it short, I was a liability, what happened to me will happen to you when you exercise any type of independence.
Sounds like you were bad at the politics. Exercising your “independence” cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, good call. Play their game, cash their checks.

It will be fine

A comfortable living..
That is not what I'm in business for. You are exactly what X desires. It's unfortunate though you are that naive to pretend you are a business owner.
I'm just amused how you guys put so much money and effort into something that is not yours. X operation is set up to play contractor against contractor, squeeze every bit of profit from your company and demand you obey each command, or else.
They will shut you down before you know it. You will obey each command, but it will be to late. in the process you will eliminate any possibility of litigation because you where so complicit. That's how they will do someone like you.
I know who runs the show and make money at it, that’s not naïveté. Making management my enemy and losing the opportunity to sell is naive.

bbsam

Staff member
So what? They couldn’t keep you busy enough so you started carrying other freight along with X freight?