Fedex plan for you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
so keeping drivers on the team and on the routes sounds like it was incredibly difficult. did you have to post and keep hiring constantly? and training too? did ISP create a hardship or would it have based on your business when it was announced? I have been considering purchasing routes, linehaul as well, but i am growing increasingly concerned about what i'm hearing.
Run
Hell

XEQaF

When looking at "investing" into the Ground model you are essentially buying yourself a job.. buying into someone else's system... buying into a one sided locked in agreement... buying into the privilege to do someone else's work.
You have no control on how that is evaluated or any control on measures that affect your "business".
You are basically an employee with business expenses.

There are contractors with cash cow routes, with densities and volume that are turn key in terms of operating efficiencies. You should also remember that you will invest heavily in equipment. Most companies hold large debts to financing these machines that FedEx demands of you.

You should think long and hard if you want to tie yourself to a large company that is only there to control and use you to their advantage. They control who you hire and employ, they control what equipment you can purchase, they control what you wear, they control your pay, your performance, your destiny. Not what I call a true business or partnership. Look long and hard at their overall satisfaction rating from those who have worked for or with them. Look at news and media releases, and look at how they are trading on the market and what analysts are saying. I'd look more to what FedEx has to offer or not offer than the contract you are looking to purchase.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Now that 500K might seem like a big chunk of change to you but if he has some Section 1250 and Section 179 recapturing to do along with cap gains taxes that score you so admire starts to get small pretty quick.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that he knew what he was doing? Why do you keep pushing your ignorant narrative that there was a dark cloud over him and/or his sale?

bacha29

Why is it so hard for you to accept that he knew what he was doing? Why do you keep pushing your ignorant narrative that there was a dark cloud over him and/or his sale?
All you see is that 500K. Sorry to tell you this but there are tax repercussions at both the state and federal level. I'm not pushing a narrative. I'm pushing a reality which in your case is difficult for you to deal with. But, that's what often happens when you've made too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy.

59 Dano

All you see is that 500K. Sorry to tell you this but there are tax repercussions at both the state and federal level. I'm not pushing a narrative. I'm pushing a reality which in your case is difficult for you to deal with. But, that's what often happens when you've made too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy.

He's 40, his mortgage is paid off, he has no debt, and both kids' college educations are fully funded. That's his reality and I doubt he cares about the narrative of some former single route guy on the internet who constantly argues with successful contractors.

bacha29

He's 40, his mortgage is paid off, he has no debt, and both kids' college educations are fully funded. That's his reality and I doubt he cares about the narrative of some former single route guy on the internet who constantly argues with successful contractors.
I would have you to know that my net worth is in excess of a million dollars so over the years I've done a few things right. One of my best decisions was to not put anymore more money at risk for the sake of a one sided, one year unilaterally drafted and implemented contract whose terms were dictated not negotiated and are in no way shape or form binding upon the very entity who issued the contract.....So what I'm trying to get across to you is that the 500K you idolize is not free and clear . There will be taxes to pay to pay out of it. Therefore, if you think that contracting for FXG simply means buying up some routes then just sit back and count up the money.....boy are you in for a shock.
In fact the kid who bought my route a couple of years back for whom I had to provide 100% of the financing because his bank whose president just so happens to be his own father wouldn't lend him a dime to buy an FXG route has informed me that he would like to pay me off because he too is looking for a way out because he's worried about running out of cheap disposable labor the procurement of which is the only reason for which he has a supplier contract to begin with.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Like I've said before, if you think that this such a "great deal" then why haven't you bought some Ground routes and show us what it's like to sit back and suck up all that money while you get some gullible kids to do all the hard work for you. Go for it or shut 'da hell up!

XEQaF

lol so to summarize some guy bought a route for $200,000 then a few years later sold for $500,000? Did he sell the contract or the entity?
I don't know his situation but say after settling up debts owing, credit expenses etc. paying your government it's share you probably are close to breaking even on your investment, I'd think?? To be able to say; I'm debt free, paid my mortgage, and funded my kids education and now I'm living like Tai Lopez look at my pool I just put in, thank you FedEx for making my dream come true!!! I can't see that all being the honest truth. What's worse than that is why are people still responding to Dano? That makes less sense to me lol

XEQaF

Like I've said before, if you think that this such a "great deal" then why haven't you bought some Ground routes and show us what it's like to sit back and suck up all that money while you get some gullible kids to do all the hard work for you. Go for it or shut 'da hell up!

I remember why back when having dinner with the useless contractor relations manager and my senior manager how they both said 'if they could do it over again they would become a contractor' lol no you wouldn't! You couldn't leave your nice little paycheck, benies and pension to assume the risk and work a contractor has to deal with you corporate clowns!

59 Dano

I would have you to know that my net worth is in excess of a million dollars

Of COURSE it is!

So what I'm trying to get across to you is that the 500K you idolize is not free and clear . There will be taxes to pay to pay out of it. Therefore, if you think that contracting for FXG simply means buying up some routes then just sit back and count up the money.....boy are you in for a shock.

For one it's not my 500k, for two I don't care about contracting for FXG, and for three you won't shut up trying to act like you know more about his situation than he does.

In fact the kid who bought my route a couple of years back for whom I had to provide 100% of the financing because his bank whose president just so happens to be his own father wouldn't lend him a dime to buy an FXG route has informed me that he would like to pay me off because he too is looking for a way out because he's worried about running out of cheap disposable labor the procurement of which is the only reason for which he has a supplier contract to begin with.

Is there some reason why I would care about some kid up in whatever wasteland you call home?

59 Dano

Hmmm. Why don't I make a large investment in Ground routes that I don't want? The question seems to answer itself.

59 Dano

lol so to summarize some guy bought a route for $200,000 then a few years later sold for $500,000? Did he sell the contract or the entity?

Don't know what he sold or how he structured the sale.

I don't know his situation but say after settling up debts owing, credit expenses etc. paying your government it's share you probably are close to breaking even on your investment, I'd think??

His business was debt free at the time of the sale and had been for some time.

To be able to say; I'm debt free, paid my mortgage, and funded my kids education and now I'm living like Tai Lopez look at my pool I just put in, thank you FedEx for making my dream come true!!! I can't see that all being the honest truth.

Yeah, there are a lot of washouts who think it's impossible to make any money at it.

bacha29

Hmmm. Why don't I make a large investment in Ground routes that I don't want? The question seems to answer itself.
Then shut the hell up and be glad for the fact that Ground despite how little you think of it is still there and for the time being grinding out 66% of the corporations overall profit. You as a contractor? LMAO. You wouldn't last any more than a few months after spending all day in the truck running routes for people who quit on you and then spending all night fixing breakdowns and flat tires.
The interests of not only the company but the nation as a whole will be best served if you continued to stay down there in the basement of your Mom's house playing executive make believe.

59 Dano

Then shut the hell up and be glad for the fact that Ground despite how little you think of it is still there and for the time being grinding out 66% of the corporations overall profit. You as a contractor? LMAO. You wouldn't last any more than a few months after spending all day in the truck running routes for people who quit on you and then spending all night fixing breakdowns and flat tires.

Well bacha have I got some great news! I've never once had any interest in being a contractor and I've got a nice job with pay and benefits that keep me happy (for the most part). It's rewarding on a personal and professional level and my colleagues and I appreciate working in such a challenging environment.

If you'd like to spend your time speculating how well I would or wouldn't fare in jobs that I don't want, umm, have fun I guess.

The interests of not only the company but the nation as a whole will be best served if you continued to stay down there in the basement of your Mom's house playing executive make believe.

I don't want that job, either.

XEQaF

Then Dano what dog do you have in these discussions between current contractors who talk about their positive experiences within the system and ex contractors who talk about the negative experiences they encountered within the system. I'm not sure your views need to be expressed in these matters youre just acting as an antagonist. Just from what I understand

59 Dano

Then Dano what dog do you have in these discussions between current contractors who talk about their positive experiences within the system and ex contractors who talk about the negative experiences they encountered within the system. I'm not sure your views need to be expressed in these matters youre just acting as an antagonist. Just from what I understand

The current contractors talk about the challenges and how they handle them in running their successful businesses.
The former contractors (most of them, at least) paint it as a scam that no one can endure because of the greedy company exploiting all contractors and blah blah blah.

Guess which two of those scenarios involves reasonable people?

bacha29

The current contractors talk about the challenges and how they handle them in running their successful businesses.
The former contractors (most of them, at least) paint it as a scam that no one can endure because of the greedy company exploiting all contractors and blah blah blah.

Let me try to explain it this way Dano. Here's an example of what goes on at Ground. Talked to a BA of a contractor at my station today. He and the others have been told by the company to expect numerous and highly unpredictable volume spikes at levels that are double and then some of their normal seasonal volume. He said to me: " We told them that right now we can't even find enough people to deliver a normal day's volume as it is so where in the hell are we going to find the people to handle this avalanche"? Well, you see Dano, that's a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution. When it comes to forward planning and marketing strategy's contractors have no say whatsoever, always the last to know and always the most directly impacted.

You see Dano, I knew that growth at whatever cost as long as it came at someone else's expense was their sole objective. What's happening to the contractor's at my station is exactly what I knew was going to happen . They can't compete for the best workers. Too labor intensive, pay's too low and the installation of cameras tracking and second guessing every move would cost them plenty of interested applicants.

I was no longer willing to put anymore money at risk under the dumb assumption that there would always be somebody walking through that door physically able and psychologically willing to go out there and deliver top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money and do it on a continuous 6 day a week basis for an extended period of time.

While in the metro areas they'll be able to find those transient type workers for awhile but out in the rural areas very few if any remain and many of them can't stay clean and sober.

59 Dano

Let me try to explain it this way Dano. Here's an example of what goes on at Ground. Talked to a BA of a contractor at my station today. He and the others have been told by the company to expect numerous and highly unpredictable volume spikes at levels that are double and then some of their normal seasonal volume. He said to me: " We told them that right now we can't even find enough people to deliver a normal day's volume as it is so where in the hell are we going to find the people to handle this avalanche"? Well, you see Dano, that's a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution. When it comes to forward planning and marketing strategy's contractors have no say whatsoever, always the last to know and always the most directly impacted.

You see Dano, I knew that growth at whatever cost as long as it came at someone else's expense was their sole objective. What's happening to the contractor's at my station is exactly what I knew was going to happen . They can't compete for the best workers. Too labor intensive, pay's too low and the installation of cameras tracking and second guessing every move would cost them plenty of interested applicants.

I was no longer willing to put anymore money at risk under the dumb assumption that there would always be somebody walking through that door physically able and psychologically willing to go out there and deliver top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money and do it on a continuous 6 day a week basis for an extended period of time.

While in the metro areas they'll be able to find those transient type workers for awhile but out in the rural areas very few if any remain and many of them can't stay clean and sober.

This is the umpteenth time you've told the same story of "Out here in the jing weeds there's a short supply of labor and I was unwilling to put any more money into it and some guy with Ground said something, therefore no one else anywhere can succeed."

XEQaF

ok so where exactly do you fit in these discussions? I would say let those either the current or former contractors give their experienced opinions on matters involving CSP / ISP contracting situations and let it be. No need for side line opinions

bacha29

This is the umpteenth time you've told the same story of "Out here in the jing weeds there's a short supply of labor and I was unwilling to put any more money into it and some guy with Ground said something, therefore no one else anywhere can succeed."
Never said that Dano. What I've tried to get across to you and for some reason you just don't get it is that the single most necessary component to success as a FXG contractor is a limitless supply of highly dependable, highly productive but also very cheap labor due to the very labor intensive nature of the business and regardless of your skill level as a manager it doesn't mean a damn thing if that most necessary component cannot be procured due to the fact that there isn't enough of it to go around . And with Bezos out there trolling for the same fish, some contractors might not catch their limit quite as often.